Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

treasure card stealers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
this person named "Emily Pixie" said we would get free crowns and asked for treasure cards in return so i gave her eight ninja pigs and she removed me and ran away! it was so mean and she got away with it.

Administrator
Caveat emptor.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but you can only trade treasure cards for other treasure cards. Be aware of what you are trading and don't press the accept trade button until you are satisfied the trade is fair.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
That people go as far as to stealing treasure cards... its just sad....

Whoever was playing Emily Pixie-I feel sorry for you.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Administrator
As Professor Greyrose stated, BOTH parties have to accept the Trade. If you agreed to the Trade, the Treasure Cards were not stolen.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
May 15, 2009
Yup. They weren't stolen, you got suckered.

Don't let your greed let you skimp on doing your due diligence; exercise good judgment and discretion.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Gamma wrote:
As Professor Greyrose stated, BOTH parties have to accept the Trade. If you agreed to the Trade, the Treasure Cards were not stolen.

Well in other games, if an agreement was made for something for the exchange of something else and that other party didn't come through it WAS a reportable offense. Since you are talking about codes(which I assume is how you would get crowns), this is probably something I wouldn't bother with reporting simply because it isn't a clear thing in exchange, treat this like a learning experience. Yes it hurts but hey now you are wiser for the lesson.

Anyways a scam is a scam, and frankly this sort of behavior should be looked into more closely.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Gamma wrote:

if someone is promissing you something in return for the trade of your hard earned treasure cards, but can not give it to you at the same time, say thier hard earned treasure cards it is not worth it. would you go into a store and hand over your money for something that they don't sell? players do not sell crowns or gold only kings isle does

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
ihfgbfih wrote:
this person named "Emily Pixie" said we would get free crowns and asked for treasure cards in return so i gave her eight ninja pigs and she removed me and ran away! it was so mean and she got away with it.

When you hear the person is offering you something that doesn't exist, like free crowns, don't believe them! Try to be more cautious next time.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
most of the time i walk though the commons or olde town i see some one spamming in caps helephant and hydra codes for your best treasure cards and i run in and make sure that everyone knows that there is no code for helephant and hydra and that they are for differnent classes at level 48 but most of the time it is to late someone already traded and the spammer runs away i want to know if this is reportable

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
YA THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME for the record the guy who did it to me was named hunter blue hunter

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
Something to consider.

All scams operate on a simple principle. Greed.

Not the scammer's greed, but the mark's (mark: target, sucker, customer)

The scammer is counting on you being greedy and wanting to get something for less than it is worth.

I know it s a bitter pill to swallow, but if you got suckered, it is only because you were greedy.

So the simple solution to avoid being scammed is (drum roll please) don't be greedy. It works in the game, it works in real life.