Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

paying and non paying players

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
ok here is one way to fix the prob with the traffic jam KI can take out all the non paying players and let the players who play get in cause we payed and we should get the right away to play and idk if you dont pay and hate this but think it is true if you agree put the reason why below if not you are not a paying player are you but plz comment if you agree or disagree

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Zeon96 wrote:
ok here is one way to fix the prob with the traffic jam KI can take out all the non paying players and let the players who play get in cause we payed and we should get the right away to play and idk if you dont pay and hate this but think it is true if you agree put the reason why below if not you are not a paying player are you but plz comment if you agree or disagree

err what do you mean how can non paying players can go to cl!!
because you have to be a supscriber like me or pay with crowns!
non paying means: players that don't pay and travle almost the whole wizard city for free
if they are not supscribind they need to pay for some areas in wizard city
pay for krotopia pay for grizzlehime ( only once you can go to grizzlehime for free)(well you don't have to pay for grizzlehime if you don't want to)
pay for marlybone pay for
moon shu pay for dragon spry and at last pay for cl
and my reson is that it is not fair for the paying players

but if your right (that non paying player go to cl for free) i sernternly agree with you so KI please stop non paying players going to cl for free
if its a bug KI please stop that bug imintertly
because its not fair for the paying players
so again KI please stop the non paying players going to cl for free

and if your a non paying player and your reading my comment i am not telling or beging KI to let you go for free to cl sorry but thats not fair for me and for suscribers and for crowns players ( i mean who is paying )
non paying players stop cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
How about simply increasing capacity for everyone? Remember that non-paying players are potentially paying customers.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
It's not always about money, not even for KI. Goodwill is also important. Things will settle once less people are downloading all the updates.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Bad idea from a business point of view. If they start treating the free players like trash as you suggest, then there will be a HUGE decrease in new subscribers. Which means less money for KI.

Yeah Celestia came out. Which means absolutely nothing to non-paying players. The problem is with 99% of paying customers wanting to log on at the same time now.

I don't really see why it's such a big deal right now anyway. All it is at the moment is a new world filled with all these people. Meaning a lag fest. And if someone (God forbid,) wants to do quest there they will be plagued with people jumping in fights, bringing in new mobs just as you are almost done.

Personally I'd rather wait till all the "Gotta be there NOW" people have moved on and enjoy my time there.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Free players can't go to Celestia. You either have a subscription or your pay crowns to unlock the area. Since KI describes paying players as someone with a subscription or who has purchased crowns in the last month, and since Celestia is brand new, it's not possible for free players to be in Celestia. Now, after Celestia has been out for a month or so, then it will be possible for "non-paying" players to be there. These non-paying players, however, will have already paid to permanently unlock that area. That being the case, I don't see how anyone could justify booting them from Celestia. If you're not happy with the amount of players in Celestia, simply jump to another realm or wait until the excitement dies down and fewer people are there. Besides, if anyone should be booted from Celestia, it should be the players who haven't progressed far enough in the story line to get there on their own (no, I don't think they should actually do that, just making a point), not someone who paid a nice chuck of money for the crowns to permanently unlock the area.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Luvpuppy wrote:
Bad idea from a business point of view. If they start treating the free players like trash as you suggest, then there will be a HUGE decrease in new subscribers. Which means less money for KI.

Yeah Celestia came out. Which means absolutely nothing to non-paying players. The problem is with 99% of paying customers wanting to log on at the same time now.

I don't really see why it's such a big deal right now anyway. All it is at the moment is a new world filled with all these people. Meaning a lag fest. And if someone (God forbid,) wants to do quest there they will be plagued with people jumping in fights, bringing in new mobs just as you are almost done.

Personally I'd rather wait till all the "Gotta be there NOW" people have moved on and enjoy my time there.

Actually, I've played at least 2 other mmorpg's where "paying" players had a "head of the line" advantage. It just meant that a paying player would, if the servers were full, be given access while, while someone who isn't a "full time" paying player would have to wait. I think what the person meant was that any "non-subscription" player should be dropped to the back ofthe line. It has worked for the other mmorpg's I play, and it turned a few of the non-payers into subscription players. So it's not a lose-lose for KI, but a win a few, lose a little.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
SpiritGWolf wrote:
Luvpuppy wrote:

Actually, I've played at least 2 other mmorpg's where "paying" players had a "head of the line" advantage. It just meant that a paying player would, if the servers were full, be given access while, while someone who isn't a "full time" paying player would have to wait. I think what the person meant was that any "non-subscription" player should be dropped to the back ofthe line. It has worked for the other mmorpg's I play, and it turned a few of the non-payers into subscription players. So it's not a lose-lose for KI, but a win a few, lose a little.

Do you realize how much it costs to unlock areas with crowns? That's how I started out playing. In fact, while I now have a subscription, I also have everything up through the end of MB unlocked with crowns. Simply unlocking those three worlds cost me more than the year long subscription I purchased during one of the $60 deals. Given the high cost of unlocking these areas for non-subscription members, I can't find a way to justify booting them or putting them at the end of the line. Yes, there are a lot of people flooding into Celestia right now, but that will die down a little over time. There's also quite a few realms you can jump to, and I've never failed to find at least one with the perfect designation. Simply open up the realm list and find a realm that fits what you're looking for. If you're desperate for help, pick crowded, but expect some lag. If you want to be able to team up some, but don't want people constantly jumping into your battles at the end or don't want so much lag, select a realm described as normal. If you want to be left alone more or less, and you don't want to have to deal with lag at all, pick a perfect realm.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
stanklepoot wrote:
SpiritGWolf wrote:
Luvpuppy wrote:

Do you realize how much it costs to unlock areas with crowns? That's how I started out playing. In fact, while I now have a subscription, I also have everything up through the end of MB unlocked with crowns. Simply unlocking those three worlds cost me more than the year long subscription I purchased during one of the $60 deals. Given the high cost of unlocking these areas for non-subscription members, I can't find a way to justify booting them or putting them at the end of the line. Yes, there are a lot of people flooding into Celestia right now, but that will die down a little over time. There's also quite a few realms you can jump to, and I've never failed to find at least one with the perfect designation. Simply open up the realm list and find a realm that fits what you're looking for. If you're desperate for help, pick crowded, but expect some lag. If you want to be able to team up some, but don't want people constantly jumping into your battles at the end or don't want so much lag, select a realm described as normal. If you want to be left alone more or less, and you don't want to have to deal with lag at all, pick a perfect realm.

Do you not understand the english language? Or did you just breeze through and not understand? If you opened up a world with crowns that's considered "paying" in my book. But with the test realm, KI decided that if you did NOT have a subscription and had NOT purchased a certain amount of crowns in a certain period of time, you were not allowed to use the test realm. Everything I stated came from that "logic" (if you can call it that) that KI used with the test realm. It wasn't me it was KI. If you have a problem with what I stated take it to KI, because I was using their "logic" that they used for the test realm. Other than that, if I ran the game, as long as you paid crowns for an area, I'd have no problem with classifying you as a paying player. Relax, read and comprehend before berating something you did not understand.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
stanklepoot wrote:
SpiritGWolf wrote:
Luvpuppy wrote:

Just a clarification concerning the cost of the game in crowns mentioned in the last paragraph (I’m not trying to hi-jack this topic).

To play the entire game by purchasing each area with crowns would cost only 68,640 (pre-Celestia the cost was only 58,470).

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
rolo527 wrote:
stanklepoot wrote:
SpiritGWolf wrote:
Luvpuppy wrote:

Just a clarification concerning the cost of the game in crowns mentioned in the last paragraph (I’m not trying to hi-jack this topic).

To play the entire game by purchasing each area with crowns would cost only 68,640 (pre-Celestia the cost was only 58,470).

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Exactly. BUT, that's not all. To open up all approx $90.00 USD. Ok, $90.00 may not be bad for most, but then you add (if you want to have good eq) the cost of crowns to buy it since, KI won't allow trading/selling of certain crown purchased eq. Also, I've looked at most of the junk in CL, I'd rather keep my crown eq then wear it. I've gotten ALOT of drops in CL, and I'd rather go to DS or lower to get drops since I make a Heck of alot more off of them. CL is supposed to be a Higher lvl area, which means everything should sell for more than the stuff you get in Unicorn way. So again, $90.00 may not be anything to most people...but those who have mortgages, bills, children etc. it's way more then they can afford (either in a small amount each month or a lump sum). I know their a "for profit" business, but really what they've done now exceeds "for profit" and more like price gouging like the gas stations did when the price of oil went out of sight.