Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone Else Not Digging these Changes?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Me? I'm totally not liking these new changes. Celestia almost made my computer crash... the computer I always use. Try logging in to Wizard101? Boom, I saved it before my computer died. All in all, I don't like the idea of Celestia, and in the first place, I was pumped with the idea of a new world, new spells, new badges, new EVERYTHING! I am excited for those of you loving these changes, but for me, I am quitting Wizard101 probably. If any if you can point me in the new direction, I will thank you from the bottom of my heart, but only if you can really save me from quitting. I don't want to quit, but my computer just can't run the game anymore.... No mean comments, please! :)

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
hmssnowdrop wrote:
Me? I'm totally not liking these new changes. Celestia almost made my computer crash... the computer I always use. Try logging in to Wizard101? Boom, I saved it before my computer died. All in all, I don't like the idea of Celestia, and in the first place, I was pumped with the idea of a new world, new spells, new badges, new EVERYTHING! I am excited for those of you loving these changes, but for me, I am quitting Wizard101 probably. If any if you can point me in the new direction, I will thank you from the bottom of my heart, but only if you can really save me from quitting. I don't want to quit, but my computer just can't run the game anymore.... No mean comments, please! :)

Well, it sounds to me like you need a new computer. Everything worked fine on my computer. Why don't you like the idea of Celestia? Sounds like a bad reason to quit playing such an amazing game.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
withing a week of each new update there is system maintenance. That and you need to update your computer. This will help a bunch. Also scan and clean your computer of bugs, delete things not needed as well. Also compress your files, this speeds things up a bunch

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Relax there's just a lot of people on right now making it run slower.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I find that the new expansion is also slowing my computer and giving it the hiccups. BUT! There is a very good explanation for that:

Every fansite, every blog, every single thing that even mentions Wizard101 in passing, has mentioned that Celestia is out, and that there is a new level cap.

That means that THOUSANDS of people with accounts full of grandmasters and no real incitament to keep playing, suddenly realised that they could once again enjoy the game. That means that the game experienced the equivalent of a flash flood of players - causing multiple blackouts, melted harddrives, slow-running clients (as your client is trying to process all of the information it gets from the servers about the huge amount of players) and general slowness everywhere.

Give it a few days, until the initial buzz has calmed and people slowly return to normal play. Then Wizard101 should run like normal again. :)

Historian
May 15, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
I find that the new expansion is also slowing my computer and giving it the hiccups. BUT! There is a very good explanation for that:

Every fansite, every blog, every single thing that even mentions Wizard101 in passing, has mentioned that Celestia is out, and that there is a new level cap.

That means that THOUSANDS of people with accounts full of grandmasters and no real incitament to keep playing, suddenly realised that they could once again enjoy the game. That means that the game experienced the equivalent of a flash flood of players - causing multiple blackouts, melted harddrives, slow-running clients (as your client is trying to process all of the information it gets from the servers about the huge amount of players) and general slowness everywhere.

Give it a few days, until the initial buzz has calmed and people slowly return to normal play. Then Wizard101 should run like normal again. :)

i agree with this comment

i myself has had some really bad hiccups on the crowded servers
so i gotta wait until system maintainence and then compress memory
until then i would stick or really uncrowded realms this will help your computer a lot as it has less info to take in meaning less hiccups

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
--- EGG ON MY FACE --- MEA CULPA ---

Yesterday I whined how it should be rolled back, and deployed in stages based on my limited experience of not being able to use it. By ten o'clock PM whatever areas I needed to get to were loaded, and son of a gun, yes KI did stagger the updates; I noticed that the pets had a delayed load.

It was kind of funny too, I was training a gigantic version of my Boss Banshee in the maze game; it could not jump, just like a statue that could rotate. I got used to it. Then the full pet finally loaded, and she got a lot smaller, and I was thinking I kind of like the bigger one!

I also noticed on the dog computer the motion is smoother.

Like the group buy and sell at the Bazaar, helpful when working on the Grizzleheim House, but you better be quick on buying rare AND desirable reagents.

I dare say, might want to consider that if an reagent has a quantity of less than 50 (10% of the new 500 max), buying resorts to single units.

Storm person said Wild Bolt was changed.