Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

'Polluted' pets from hatching

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
ic0517 wrote:

The pet is still listed as Jade Oni in my back pack, and when someone scans my character, it says Jade Oni, and it still gives the same item card. But it is not a 'pure' Jade Oni because of its talents. In my case, it so happens it got Spritely. This is because the talents are a mix of the parents. Now if you were Balance this pet in general would be good to hatch with, because you get a chance of a pet that also heals you, but one small problem - if you are a Balance person looking to hatch with a Jade Oni for certain Balance Talents, even if they are latent, you instead get a chance of some Life talents. Its a 'polluted' Jade Oni, a mongrel, a mutt.

i am the mongrel master then from HATCHING i have a jade oni, storm hound, and life minotaur
additions: jade hound, stormwarden, tempest, and a bunch other

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
tmann11 wrote:
ic0517 wrote:

The pet is still listed as Jade Oni in my back pack, and when someone scans my character, it says Jade Oni, and it still gives the same item card. But it is not a 'pure' Jade Oni because of its talents. In my case, it so happens it got Spritely. This is because the talents are a mix of the parents. Now if you were Balance this pet in general would be good to hatch with, because you get a chance of a pet that also heals you, but one small problem - if you are a Balance person looking to hatch with a Jade Oni for certain Balance Talents, even if they are latent, you instead get a chance of some Life talents. Its a 'polluted' Jade Oni, a mongrel, a mutt.

i am the mongrel master then from HATCHING i have a jade oni, storm hound, and life minotaur
additions: jade hound

Uh, 3? That's not a lot, I have more then that.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
My Helephant is the parent of 12 (I only have 6 of the kids) and more of them were polluted than Hybrids.