Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends Code for Free Crowns

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, maybe you can explain this to me. I have a friend that just started an account, they got their character to level 9 or 10. Decided they wanted to buy crowns, so I gave them my friend code. But in order for them to use it, they have to create a new account? So what, no free trial or anything for them? They have to start over? How is this fair?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
When you get your friend code it tells you that it has to be redeemed at www.wizard101.com/friend. The code says that it is to invite new players to the game. It is not free, because the user of the code has to spend $10 for before you, or they, get the bonus.

I had trouble with this too My mom gave me the code but did not give me the specific address to the redeem page. I went to the main site and made the account. I didn't get the bonus, but didn't bother trying to make a new account either.

It is kind of annoying that there isn't a link to that page under the sign up button. If they could have you click the sign up button, then a page with two buttons:a redeem friend code button, and a continue without code button.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
zebulous wrote:
When you get your friend code it tells you that it has to be redeemed at www.wizard101.com/friend. The code says that it is to invite new players to the game. It is not free, because the user of the code has to spend $10 for before you, or they, get the bonus.

I had trouble with this too My mom gave me the code but did not give me the specific address to the redeem page. I went to the main site and made the account. I didn't get the bonus, but didn't bother trying to make a new account either.

It is kind of annoying that there isn't a link to that page under the sign up button. If they could have you click the sign up button, then a page with two buttons:a redeem friend code button, and a continue without code button.

Yes, I understand there is a link to use the code, thank you for that. What I am saying, is that, in order to get this, my friend, can not even try the game for free, they have to be willing to blindly spend at least $10.00 for us both to receive crowns. NO Free trial for them

How is that fair!

Administrator
Ok I think there's some disconnect here.

Wizard101 has a free to play area that you're invited to enjoy for as long as you want. There is no level cap in the Free to Play areas, just a location restriction.

The Invite a Friend program is there to allow you to invite people who are currently not playing, to join you in the game. They do this by using the code you gave them.

They can play for Free just like any other player, BUT if they decide to make a $10 or more purchase, you both get Crowns as a thank you for using the Invite a Friend program.

If the invited person doesn't use the code, we have no way to 'connect' your account with theirs for reward purposes.

community@wizard101.com