Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dive In! - Logins Enabled

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
brytenshynee wrote:
If you halt the log ins, you also stop the downloads, which already takes forever.
One more Error message and I unsubscribe.

How about Subscribers only for today?

I certainly agree that subscribers should be allowed to download first; however, most of us are probably drinking coffee right now and, therefore, are probably subscribers anyway lol

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
How long is the download? Do I have time to do the laundry, walk the dog, vacuum the house, and take out the garbage? I hope the download is a LONG time so I can get all my chores done! Then I can play for the next few months non-stop!

<--- Gleeful laugh!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
i just want to be able to get on so i can finish Ds an get my xp since i stopped questing as soon as i turned 50.

and another parent here with tea! :D

to bad my kid only 3 and doesn't understand how to play... lol

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009

IT should have planned better for this, I have one very disapointed child here today that was counting the minutes until she could get on and play.

Sad day!

I hope it gets going soon, although I can't see how, when it can only get worse when the children start returning from school and try to log on.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
It's up! It's up! I'm in Celestia!!! WOOOT!!! To all you mad folks....please understand the limitations of computers (yes they have them.) Also, this game costs AT MOST $10.00 per month and the Celestia expansion is FREE. To get an expansion on those big name MMORPGs it is like 50 bucks. Plus it costs more to play on those games. Be nice, KingsIsle is doing the VERY BEST they can!! And IMHO it's quite a very good job!!

Fiona FireFlower
GrandMaster Pyromancer
PvP WarLord

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Peachy265 wrote:
But to disable the log ins, atleast disable the log ins to the non subscribers and allow the subscribers to log in.

lol, now that would be unfair.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
Ok so it is NOT my system? I had my husband changing router settings and pc settings lol.

Well just so I know it isn't me I am good. I will keep checking back. I was kinda hoping since Celestia was being released during the week we over grown kids would be able to get in and check things out before the kid invasion. :)

I am excited about all KI has done on the game it is so awesome. Thanks Gang you are fantastic.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
Oh, good grief, people, quit complaining and just log out. It took me an hour and a half to get the the intro screen, and then after20 mins, I just logged off. I'm gonna try again tonight, but we all know everyone wants to get in right away, so it's going to overload the servers. Just be patient.

Ivory, I think most of us are upset because we have been through this before and when you have a paid subscription its even more upsetting. KI has supposedly updated the servers etc etc to prevent problems from happening, but again and again they keep making excuses. KI needs to realize that they need to phase things in smaller doses, cause obviously adding a whole new world at once is too much!!

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
Phoenix2891 wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:
So many young Wizards are trying to log in to the game right now that there's a bit of a traffic jam!

We're going to disable log-ins for a short time, then we will slowly let more players log in - watch this message for updates!

For those of you that know anything about computers you will know that even on a corporate T3 connection or better, there is only so many connections that can be made to the servers. If there are over 3 million players attempting to log in at the same time to patch (which mine completed in just over an hour on two computers) there isn't enough bandwidth to mainstream the downloads. Its common computer sense and it seems that very few are understanding that fact. I agree with those that bear with it and not complain as there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO.

Question - are you taking up two connections by downloading to your two computers at the same time? Perhaps that is the problem.... everyone downloading on multiple computers. I tried downloading on one computer and moved 0% in 1 1/2 hours.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Oh man, roll it back.

Then cut the changes into smaller pieces, and deploy in steps after Halloween, unless contractually you have to take Selena off.

Halloween weekend is going to be a disaster, with everyone who didn't finish the quest wanting to try one more time, especially the Master Tower.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Zabalah wrote:
How long is the download? Do I have time to do the laundry, walk the dog, vacuum the house, and take out the garbage? I hope the download is a LONG time so I can get all my chores done! Then I can play for the next few months non-stop!

<--- Gleeful laugh!

You have time to do everything you've listed, plus take that world cruise you've been dreaming of.

The file is humongous.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
arollison wrote:
Phoenix2891 wrote:
So many young Wizards are trying to log in to the game right now that there's a bit of a traffic jam!

We're going to disable log-ins for a short time, then we will slowly let more players log in - watch this message for updates!

For those of you that know anything about computers you will know that even on a corporate T3 connection or better, there is only so many connections that can be made to the servers. If there are over 3 million players attempting to log in at the same time to patch (which mine completed in just over an hour on two computers) there isn't enough bandwidth to mainstream the downloads. Its common computer sense and it seems that very few are understanding that fact. I agree with those that bear with it and not complain as there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO.

Question - are you taking up two connections by downloading to your two computers at the same time? Perhaps that is the problem.... everyone downloading on multiple computers. I tried downloading on one computer and moved 0% in 1 1/2 hours.

based on logistics yes, but both my wife and I play and we have a subscription (not that it matters) but i also started the download at about 9:45 EST, 15 mins before they said the servers were back up.
now at 12:32 my wife has successfully logged in and im still out waiting, so even though I dont work for KI even I am asking for patience from those that seem to be losing their tempers.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Phoenix2891 wrote:

Really? For those of us who know a lot about computers, there are a number of ways to stream updates that would avoid this situation. Somehow servers stream videos and Microsoft updates everyone at the same time. Think about it a little more - the updates are fixed across all the downloads.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
This is very irritating! I have been trying to get on the site since 8 am. 2 1/2 hours trying to log into a game I pay to play! This is not even cool.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
I've been noticing that porting to someone and fleeing causes some of my disconnects -- just passing this on.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
So I am now trying to log on and it is doing what everyones seem to be doing and it's 1:25pm where I am at. I wish they would hurry up and fix this if they have been having problems since 3 in the morning.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
mscutter77 wrote:
This is very irritating! I have been trying to get on the site since 8 am. 2 1/2 hours trying to log into a game I pay to play! This is not even cool.
[really not cool dude :(]

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
So for everyone who is wondering about the slowness of logging in this is an email I have received concerning logging in.
" Hello,
As you are aware, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with the Wizard101 game service. As we work through these issues, we are temporarily limiting the number of players who can log into the game at one time. We've made this change due to the large number of players trying to log in simultaneously, which has led to noticeable delays when connecting to the game.
We will allow more and more players into the world as the issues are resolved. Login priority will be given first to paying customers, followed by our free player community. Also note that this delay is being caused on initial login only; there are no delays once you have entered the game, and subsequent attempts to connect should be noticeably faster.
Thank you for being patient as we work through these issues. We understand that this is an inconvenience, and we are doing everything we can to address it as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
KingsIsle Support "

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
yeah! it keeps freezing on my loading time even though i'm not at celistia yet. P.S. I'm level 40 in mooshu.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

wow. most people are at school rite now. guess lots of people are sick.

what are you crazy!!! its half tearm holiday

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I had to uninstall and reinstall to get into the test side it kept giving me a error. I'm not having the same problem since Celestia is now live. I could get into the live side just fine until Celestia went live and now same thing as test. I have two subscriptions and buy crowns this is ridiculous. I know it's not my computer because it was fine until Ceslestia went live today. I've sent 2 bug reports heard nothing from them and one was from test side days ago.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
SoullessVoid wrote:
I think subscribed players should be granted log in access first, since we actually can access the area, until this gets fixed (no disrespect, just common sense). I've tried in-game downloading 4 times to Celestia and it kept resetting the download back to 0%. I'm sure others are having the same issue. Oh well, it's well worth it, thanks :)

Well I log in today go kicked off, had to wait an hour log in again, took forever to load, then finally I got on but I didn;t go to Celestia right away. I just click on the world and let it load while I did that quest Professor Balestrom gave me to retrieve some tone tablets. I think most of Celestia is loaded on my PC now, will have to see when I get home from work.

Um, i noticed that the trainers in Celestia base camp no longer have spell up to level 58, the only have two spells each for level 52 an 54 respectively. What is the meaning of this? Isi t a bug or have the other spells be given to other secret trainers?

Could we get back our training points with gold because I can't afford crowns along with my subscription right now and I only have one training point.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Are logins STILL disabled? It wont even let me click log in on the login page!! :x :-(

When you run the Wizard101 game from your desktop, you must log in to that screen with your account name and password.

Then the game will begin to download the new world of Celestia and all the other updates. This can take some time depending on the speed of your internet connection.

When the update is done loading, you should be able to log in to the game.

If you still cannot log in, then please contact support through email at support@wizard101.com

vermeer864 wrote:
Are logins STILL disabled? It wont even let me click log in on the login page!! :x :-(

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.