Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Custom Houses!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I've originally posted this on Wizard101 Central where it has 23 supporters (quite a lot for a new idea.) I want to see how it fares here. I know it might be too much for Wizard101 to handle, and I'm certainly not expecting it to happen in the near future. My theory is that it could be released as a seperate (Kingsisle sanctioned) application, so that you could go into a shop, clikc "Custom House", and import the house from the custom house application. But enough with my rambling, let's see how it would work out:

Step 1: Choose theme (affects building pieces and terrain options):
WC
KT
MB
MS
DS
CL
GH
Create-your-own (for all of those people who want to spend hours and hours making textures and architectural designs.)
Next world?

Step 2: Buy land and terrain:

A paintbrush tool that painted land. 50 gold per square meter, maybe?
A paintbrush tool that changes elevation (cliffs, valleys, hills, etc.) 50 gold per meter up or down, maybe?
A paintbrush water tool. 50 gold per square meter, maybe?

(All of this would be simplified to the point that a 5 year old could understand. Pre-made, pre-priced items (small hill, medium hill, etc.) would be available for the lazy ones.)

Now that you have your terrain, let's start building!

Step 3: Buy building pieces:

Something like an editor where you can choose pre-made pieces or go into a seperate area to create your own piece. Put walls and a roof, as well as a door to create the inside of the house. Edit from there. Anything you do on the outside (towers, halls, etc.) will be seen on the outside.

Pre-made pieces:
A Royal Playhouse tower level (with the stairs and stuff.), hallways, rooms, etc.

Create-your-own:
Use pre-made windows, walls, etc. to create a house segment.

Segment pricing varies.
Segments can be placed on flat ground. However, if you want to do a mountain house or something, it'll cost extra to add load-bearing supports.

Step 4 (optional!): Crafting:

Craft your cool house segments.

So? How do you like it. Criticism and feedback are wanted, and extremely appreciated.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
It's alright, but i think we should be able to go deeper. like maybe, we could just choose our own themes and even MAKE some of the building tools. also i think there shouldnt be limit on house items. it's out own personal space, so why not decorate it how ever much we want :-D

Community Leader
I see this as a possible crafting idea,craft pieces for housing. extra rooms, land. I would love to have tall grass in different areas of land. I also see how this would become over whelming people would just keep building. So there would have to be a lock on how much you could build onto house.

In all still a pretty cool idea :)

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
legolsk wrote:
It's alright, but i think we should be able to go deeper. like maybe, we could just choose our own themes and even MAKE some of the building tools. also i think there shouldnt be limit on house items. it's out own personal space, so why not decorate it how ever much we want :D

Maybe a very high limit. We don't want to be lagging up our own houses making them the size of KT and WC combined.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I like the idea but I want to add something.

what if yuo could also after creating a house, sell it for your own price and once it's bought you get however much the other person spent.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
wizard41299 wrote:
I like the idea but I want to add something.

what if yuo could also after creating a house, sell it for your own price and once it's bought you get however much the other person spent.

I think selling prices would be determined by the size of the house and what's in it. I could make an itty-bitty house and sell it for 100,000 or something.