Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia: a prelude to what?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
This topic is essentially about Celestia but will incorporate other worlds of the Spiral.

Firstly, I must commend KingsIsle Entertainment for the wonderful job that they have done with Celestia. The graphics is amazing; it is quite obvious that they gave attention to details.

I especially like the interaction from the bosses even though I would prefer to hear their voices instead of words flashing across the screen. They have the same spells that are available to us except the rank 8 spells. It is a bit annoying to get hit with a storm lord but this is Grandmaster level fighting, I expect no less.

For those who wish to complain that it's too hard, I have to disagree with them. I concur that there are some areas that you simply cannot traverse alone especially if the monsters are from your school. However, one must keep in mind that it requires a team effort to save the spiral albeit hard sometimes to get someone to help you on a quest.

I like the new animation for the sprite spell and the fact that some pets may heal you out of turn or give you a blade, etc. I also like the fact that bosses and sometimes monsters start out with 6 power pips but I noticed that it's not the same for us. That should be changed. If they start with 6 pips then so should we.

I love the reagents in shared bank and the bulk buying at the bazaar. I also noticed that we can now buy rank 8 and 9 pet snacks at the bazaar which is the same kind of snacks you get when you buy the Booster Snack Pack. This is definitely the way forward KI! I hope this goes over to live realm.

There is so much that I like about the new additions, some of them have escaped my memory just now but I have been utilizing the report button on test. I hope my ideas, comments, etc gets read.

Secondly, I do not support the reintroduction of NO TRADE, NO AUCTION items. I think anything that you win in battle; you should be able to do with it as you please. Playing wizard 101 has become quite costly both in terms of real cash (CROWNS) and in game currency (GOLD). With this in mind, do you think it is fair for me to throw a nice robe in the trash when it could fetch a decent price at the bazaar? For example, I won a level 58 storm robe on my Myth wizard but I can't wear it, nor can I sell and I definitely cannot give it to my storm wizard either. So, why did I get this item in the first place, just so I could throw it away?

Also I really am a bit confused about the storyline of Celestia. I know Morganthe went there to steal the secrets of Austral magic for her own destructive ends but quest wise, I find that she is not actually in Celestia. By the way, who is the final boss? I think I have completed Celestia but I cannot be sure. There is hardly any clear direction. I think we should get to face Morganthe but the final showdown doesn't have to be in Celestia but at least we know that ok once you have fought with her then that's the final quest to the main storyline.
Additionally, the critical hit/block phenomenon needs to be simplified and explained better. What is the difference between a percentage and a number? For example, if I have 5% myth boost and 65 critical myth rating, what does the 65 rating actually means? How is the rating calculated? I think it would be much better if it was a percentage. We all understand percentages but the number dynamics have us all baffled.

Incidentally, whenever I managed to get a critical hit, the opponent usually get a critical block. So what's the point of this? Bosses get more critical hits than we do and the critical gear does not work but the elixir does.

Aestros is too hard to defeat. He uses too many shields. This drag out the battle for like one to almost two hours even when you have four players fighting him. I don't have a problem with the fact that he summons three other version of himself. I find that if you kill two and leave one then he won't summon until that the lone clone is dead. It the tower shields that are annoying and he gets critical blocks like crazy.

I cannot always find people to go battle him with me and no matter how hard I try I cannot defeat him with just me and my Minotaur; who is still selfish by the way. Something needs to be done about Aestros and those tower shields, one tower shield is not bad but when he interrupts your turn to cast two tower shields, even Orthrus can't put a dent in his health!

I think the swift shark price has been cut in half. Thank you for that if it is true. I do not see why we need to subscribe anymore when you still have to be paying cash for most things in the game. This is a bit discouraging. For subscribers like myself, it is unreasonable to ask us to keep paying when we have essentially being paying approximately $80.00 each year for the same game that Crown Players ONLY paid $60.00 for once.

I do not see the value in subscribing anymore because I still have to buy crowns anyways. If we all should buy wizard 101 for $60.00 then would it be viable to continue for much longer? Subscribers keep the cash flow going; crown players buy crowns at their convenience or not at all. Why should I purchase a crown item which cost more than my monthly subscription?

Remember the game is not free to play so If I buy $10.00 worth of crowns that should be able to get me some decent in game stuff but as it turns out a shark mount cost three times as much. Imagine a mount cost three months subscription?! So, what are you to do, fly round in the shopping district on your mount for three months until you can afford another subscription?

I think any in game item should be available for GOLD and that no crown item should cost more than your monthly subscripion. A compromise could be that only subscribers are allowed to purchase CROWNS ONLY items with gold just in the same way we get to PVP on our subscription.

I know some people may say, you don’t have to buy crown items. But I contend that anything we don’t have to buy shouldn’t or isn’t available in the game. It is such a bother walking from the commons to the haunted cave when I could have gotten there in less time on a mount. You may say, well, we had to walk all that way before mounts but guess what? We all went about our daily lives quite comfortably when there we not card or computer, etc but who can honestly say they don’t get miserable or feel inconvenienced if their TV is not working or if the light is out for more than 5 minutes. These are things that make life easier and better for use and while they may not be a necessity, they sure add comfort and ease to our daily lives. The same goes for those crown items; they make game play better for the player.

I would like to say more bu I'll leave it her for now.

Thank you for reading.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
No Auction doesn't mean you can't sell it, just sell it at a regular shop. Also, celestia is the first world in the new storyline of 5 worlds.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
No Auction doesn't mean you can't sell it, just sell it at a regular shop. Also, celestia is the first world in the new storyline of 5 worlds.

Well, you sure can sell a 25000 item (Bazaar price) for 450 -2500 at other vendors. But what is the point of that? Esentially you are "throwing" the item away. If it could fetch at least half the price that you could sell it for in the Bazaar then that would be encouraging.

I never sold NO TRADE NO AUCTION items to regular vendors and guess what? It paid off because now I don't have to fair Maliastaire for robes for my Noob wizards because I didn't sell them for next to nothing. They are sitting in my shared bank until my wizards can wear them.

The NO TRADE NO AUCTION feature is archaic and needs to be abondoned. Anything that I won on any of my six wizards, I won fairly and should be allowed do dispose of it as I see fit. With the additon of reagents and snacks in shared bank; the NO TRADE NO AUCTION items seems a bit contradictory. I should definitely be able to shared my crown mounts or pets between characters.

So, Celestia is just one of five new worlds? I didn't know that. I hope at least one of those worlds have real people who aren't dead or look alien-like. Maybe they could be Valkeries (tha's what those amazon women or called right-kinda like those women in X-ena Warrior Princess).

I think KingsIsle show do a pole on the ideas of the new world and creatures and let us vote on it. I think I'll research archaic mythology and lost civilizations and offer some reccommends , if they are inclined to listen. Wouldn't want to waste all that time and energy researching when no one is gonna listen.

I hope they don't make Clestia any easier though. That would be disappointing. I only have a problem with Asteros and his tower shields and we need to get our training points back either free courtesy of Merle Ambrose as appreciation for saving the spiral from Maliastaire and for confronting this new threat or we should be able to buy them back with Gold. The way I see it, we may have to buy them back several times just to get the spells that are most suited for our fighting style.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I couldn't have said this any better myself, though I must disagree on the praise for Celestia. In my opinion, Celestia has messed up the game. Not only bringing tension to the Spiral, though as stated on the Wizard101 website, quests and other experience earned WHILE you were grandmaster will NOT show up on your newly recieved experience bar. What's the point in NOT doing so? On second hand, the new Wildbolt update is ridiculous! 10, 100, or 1000 DAMAGE?!!?, WITH 70% ACCURACY!!! What happened to Wildbolt as we know it? I wish KingsIsle/ Wizard101 would stop giving the COMPLAINERS WHAT THEY WANT. Period. Enough said. And yes, the subscription and crowns deal is out of hand. This is all going downhill. Sigh. I want the Wizard101 back as I know it...as I've known it since I began back in late December.
~Ashley Summerfountain
Grandmaster Balance
~Mackenzie Wild
Master Storm
~Rachel Thunder
Grandmaster Storm
~Courtney Pixiedust
Grandmaster Life
~Amanda Wild
Magus Myth

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Aestros is too hard to defeat. He uses too many shields. This drag out the battle for like one to almost two hours even when you have four players fighting him. I don't have a problem with the fact that he summons three other version of himself. I find that if you kill two and leave one then he won't summon until that the lone clone is dead. It the tower shields that are annoying and he gets critical blocks like crazy.
I would like to state that in order to get Aestros to drop his tower shields all three minions must be destroyed it does not give you much time but his 90% tower shields will stop reapearing until the minions are resummoned hope this helps!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
codynum1000 wrote:
I would like to state that in order to get Aestros to drop his tower shields all three minions must be destroyed it does not give you much time but his 90% tower shields will stop reapearing until the minions are resummoned hope this helps!

Well, I don't see how that will work. he only tower shield when you attack him. So , if i use a wand attack to remove one shield, he replaces it with two shields and if his health is real low he cast three shields in one turn if there are no shields on him at the time when you attack him. This is very frustrating.

You can't simply destroy the minions like that unless you have Gargantaun to enchant a DOT spell and besides if you fighting alone, you will be preocupied with healing and puting up shields and blades. He just resummon the minions in the second turn if you kill them all. SO, it's impossible to kill them all on your own. A storm wizard might pull it off with a overpowered tempest but I do not have a storm Grandmaster.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Maybe it's only my opinion, but I rather suspect that any "tension" created by the game's updates and changes and additions, is due to the fact that there are players who take this game WAY too seriously.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Wizard101 is probably the best game ever. But it is still a game.

The reason KI keeps changing things is to keep us on our toes and and to try to keep the game fair for us all. If you knew even half the work it takes to run a game on their side of the computer, you would just learn to relax and just enjoy the game. KI does a good job.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
Maybe it's only my opinion, but I rather suspect that any "tension" created by the game's updates and changes and additions, is due to the fact that there are players who take this game WAY too seriously.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Wizard101 is probably the best game ever. But it is still a game.

The reason KI keeps changing things is to keep us on our toes and and to try to keep the game fair for us all. If you knew even half the work it takes to run a game on their side of the computer, you would just learn to relax and just enjoy the game. KI does a good job.

Umm, which post are you responding to? I think you may have posted on the wrong thread.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
Yeah, I understand the frustration of not being able to unload high end gear. However no mmorpg I've ever played has allowed players to trade/auction elite gear. The deal is always bind on pickup.

Its just one of those things that every player has to deal with when playing these kind of games.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
thunderbird120 wrote:
5 more worlds!!!!!!!!!! sooner or later there will be a level 100 sheesh and harder enimes WATCH OUT WIZARDS! YOUR IN FOR A CHALLENGE!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
This topic is essentially about Celestia but will incorporate other worlds of the Spiral.

Firstly, I must commend KingsIsle Entertainment for the wonderful job that they have done with Celestia. The graphics is amazing; it is quite obvious that they gave attention to details.

I especially like the interaction from the bosses even though I would prefer to hear their voices instead of words flashing across the screen. They have the same spells that are available to us except the rank 8 spells. It is a bit annoying to get hit with a storm lord but this is Grandmaster level fighting, I expect no less.

For those who wish to complain that it's too hard, I have to disagree with them. I concur that there are some areas that you simply cannot traverse alone especially if the monsters are from your school. However, one must keep in mind that it requires a team effort to save the spiral albeit hard sometimes to get someone to help you on a quest.

I like the new animation for the sprite spell and the fact that some pets may heal you out of turn or give you a blade, etc. I also like the fact that bosses and sometimes monsters start out with 6 power pips but I noticed that it's not the same for us. That should be changed. If they start with 6 pips then so should we.

I love the reagents in shared bank and the bulk buying at the bazaar. I also noticed that we can now buy rank 8 and 9 pet snacks at the bazaar which is the same kind of snacks you get when you buy the Booster Snack Pack. This is definitely the way forward KI! I hope this goes over to live realm.

There is so much that I like about the new additions, some of them have escaped my memory just now but I have been utilizing the report button on test. I hope my ideas, comments, etc gets read.

Secondly, I do not support the reintroduction of NO TRADE, NO AUCTION items. I think anything that you win in battle; you should be able to do with it as you please. Playing wizard 101 has become quite costly both in terms of real cash (CROWNS) and in game currency (GOLD). With this in mind, do you think it is fair for me to throw a nice robe in the trash when it could fetch a decent price at the bazaar? For example, I won a level 58 storm robe on my Myth wizard but I can't wear it, nor can I sell and I definitely cannot give it to my storm wizard either. So, why did I get this item in the first place, just so I could throw it away?

Also I really am a bit confused about the storyline of Celestia. I know Morganthe went there to steal the secrets of Austral magic for her own destructive ends but quest wise, I find that she is not actually in Celestia. By the way, who is the final boss? I think I have completed Celestia but I cannot be sure. There is hardly any clear direction. I think we should get to face Morganthe but the final showdown doesn't have to be in Celestia but at least we know that ok once you have fought with her then that's the final quest to the main storyline.
Additionally, the critical hit/block phenomenon needs to be simplified and explained better. What is the difference between a percentage and a number? For example, if I have 5% myth boost and 65 critical myth rating, what does the 65 rating actually means? How is the rating calculated? I think it would be much better if it was a percentage. We all understand percentages but the number dynamics have us all baffled.

Incidentally, whenever I managed to get a critical hit, the opponent usually get a critical block. So what's the point of this? Bosses get more critical hits than we do and the critical gear does not work but the elixir does.

I cannot always find people to go battle him with me and no matter how hard I try I cannot defeat him with just me and my Minotaur; who is still selfish by the way. Something needs to be done about Aestros and those tower shields, one tower shield is not bad but when he interrupts your turn to cast two tower shields, even Orthrus can't put a dent in his health!

I think the swift shark price has been cut in half. Thank you for that if it is true. I do not see why we need to subscribe anymore when you still have to be paying cash for most things in the game. This is a bit discouraging. For subscribers like myself, it is unreasonable to ask us to keep paying when we have essentially being paying approximately $80.00 each year for the same game that Crown Players ONLY paid $60.00 for once.

I do not see the value in subscribing anymore because I still have to buy crowns anyways. If we all should buy wizard 101 for $60.00 then would it be viable to continue for much longer? Subscribers keep the cash flow going; crown players buy crowns at their convenience or not at all. Why should I purchase a crown item which cost more than my monthly subscription?

Remember the game is not free to play so If I buy $10.00 worth of crowns that should be able to get me some decent in game stuff but as it turns out a shark mount cost three times as much. Imagine a mount cost three months subscription?! So, what are you to do, fly round in the shopping district on your mount for three months until you can afford another subscription?

I think any in game item should be available for GOLD and that no crown item should cost more than your monthly subscripion. A compromise could be that only subscribers are allowed to purchase CROWNS ONLY items with gold just in the same way we get to PVP on our subscription.

I know some people may say, you don’t have to buy crown items. But I contend that anything we don’t have to buy shouldn’t or isn’t available in the game. It is such a bother walking from the commons to the haunted cave when I could have gotten there in less time on a mount. You may say, well, we had to walk all that way before mounts but guess what? We all went about our daily lives quite comfortably when there we not card or computer, etc but who can honestly say they don’t get miserable or feel inconvenienced if their TV is not working or if the light is out for more than 5 minutes. These are things that make life easier and better for use and while they may not be a necessity, they sure add comfort and ease to our daily lives. The same goes for those crown items; they make game play better for the player.

I would like to say more bu I'll leave it her for now.

Thank you for reading.

well said! i agree with you, and the crowns have definitaly gotten crazy! i am also a subscriber and after i pay my subscription it doesnt leave much to purchase crowns. i was buying crown items but i havent purchased anything since the prices went up. if i cant buy a crown item with gold i just dont get it anymore. its too bad they had to get greedy!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Glitter10266 wrote:
I couldn't have said this any better myself, though I must disagree on the praise for Celestia. In my opinion, Celestia has messed up the game. Not only bringing tension to the Spiral, though as stated on the Wizard101 website, quests and other experience earned WHILE you were grandmaster will NOT show up on your newly recieved experience bar. What's the point in NOT doing so? On second hand, the new Wildbolt update is ridiculous! 10, 100, or 1000 DAMAGE?!!?, WITH 70% ACCURACY!!! What happened to Wildbolt as we know it? I wish KingsIsle/ Wizard101 would stop giving the COMPLAINERS WHAT THEY WANT. Period. Enough said. And yes, the subscription and crowns deal is out of hand. This is all going downhill. Sigh. I want the Wizard101 back as I know it...as I've known it since I began back in late December.
~Ashley Summerfountain
Grandmaster Balance
~Mackenzie Wild
Master Storm
~Rachel Thunder
Grandmaster Storm
~Courtney Pixiedust
Grandmaster Life
~Amanda Wild
Magus Myth

Regarding Wild Bolt -
10% Accuracy + 30% Unstoppable = 40% + 25+% Gear Accuracy = 65+% + Infallible = 75+% + Lightning Strike = 82+% + Precision = 90+% + Guiding Light = 99% Accuracy. In a Group of 4v4 PVP, do you really want Life, Balance, Myth, and storm, where the Myth quakes and then the Storm casts a 99-100% bolt for 1000 before Critical and 78% Damage boost? At least this way you have a 33% chance of 10, 33% chance of 100, and 33% chance of 1000.

PVP has ruined many things with Celestia, Wild Bolt being only one of them. The other things include: Simplify and Elucidate (Archivist and Trained), the 2 Power Pip wands, and now in the current test realm, Polymorph Treasures.