Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

For Veteran Hatchers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Hi, I have hatched for all the death hybrids, so some experience in hatching. But lately I have wizards asking me to hatch my hybrids with their hybrids -- regardless of pedigree or talent. What is the purpose of this? Has anyone found that hatching hybrids with other hybrids does anything more that giving each person the same pet with diff talents? I don't get why this is suddenly a new trend. Thx in advance.
--DeathBlossom lvl 50 GM

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Many people Hatch for the sole purpose of collecting a different pet type- they don't care about stats or talents at all.

The benefit is if you are interested in acquiring a pet type that you don't have so that you can start breeding the Talents you like into it.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Well, I suppose you're right, but given the few times that the current hatching process ever works for the benefit of the wizards, I'm surprised that a lot of wizards think they'll get a new pet. I've never experienced the case where I hatched my pet hybrid with another pet hybrid -- and received the pet of the other wizard. I've always received yet another copy of my original pet. I've seen wizards who have hatched between 5-8 times -- at 43K gold each -- and not received a new pet. There must be a lot of bad luck in the hatching process.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
I only hatch hybrids with other hybrids after all the problems i had trying to hatch my school pet with other hybrids and other school pets.

I have found the percentage at least in my case that i get the other pet or another hybrid is much better in these cases.

Courtney

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Yes. Much better odds when using a Hybrid because their are only 2 possible results, rather than 4 possible results.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Yes, OK, thanks. That's what I was wondering about. Thank you for answering. Glad to hear it is not a case of long odds against--just my luck!