Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death pixies live up to their name...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I am a myth wizard, and I've been told to defeat death pixies.

But I can't defeat them! I think it's because of their absorb, and all their shielding is annoying too. I tried using an enchantment card on a humungofrog treasure card (not level 22), and I would've beaten them if not for absorb!

Actually, I never did enchant the humungofrog treasure card, I read the "click a NON gray spell to enchant it" thing wrong.

Besides "level up more", any good tips?

Dylan SilverGlade (level 20 adept conjurer)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
rockintitan1021 wrote:

But I can't defeat them! I think it's because of their absorb, and all their shielding is annoying too. I tried using an enchantment card on a humungofrog treasure card (not level 22), and I would've beaten them if not for absorb!

Actually, I never did enchant the humungofrog treasure card, I read the "click a NON gray spell to enchant it" thing wrong.

Buy a vampire treasure card. Absorbs do not block their damage. If you are worried about them setting up defenses against death, just also buy a death wand to blow down. Note, ghoul also bypasses, but that would take two cards for each.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a teacher quest, meaning that you have to do it by yourself. Also, a Death Pixie is actually from the Life school. The cast the following:

Life Blade
Leprechaun (Life)
Nature's Wrath (Life)
Firebird (Fire)
Physical Attack (80 Death damage per pip used)
Death Shield (blocks 80% of Death damage, not important to you)
Spirit Armour (absorbs 400 damage to it)

Here are a few suggestions:

Go to the Bazaar and buy 4 or 5 Fire Shields and put them in your sideboard. Be sure to get the 90% variety. They cost about 60 gold each. While you're there, be sure you have a decent wand. I recommend the Bonekeeper's Wand, which does 60 Balance damage, but any school wand (except Death) that does similar is okay.

Put down a teleport mark outside. If you are defeated, you can heal (potion bottle, games, etc.) and teleport back. Be sure to put a teleport mark down each time you have to return, so you can repeat as necessary. You want to do this, because if you defeat a Pixie before you get sent back to the Oasis, it won't be there when you get back. For example, it could work like this:

Leave a teleport mark and go in. Face 3 Pixies. Defeat one Pixie. Get defeated yourself. Heal/Potion/Games, teleport back, put down another mark, go in and face 2 Pixies. Defeat another Pixie, get defeated, heal, teleport back, put down a mark, go in and face one Pixie.

Don't dally around; be sure you finish within 45 minutes, so the dungeon doesn't reset.

Before you go in, be sure you have your Ether Shields in your deck, as they will block 70% of both the Life and Death attacks. Also be sure the Fire Shields you bought are in your sideboard. Your main deck should consist of (Life) Pixies, Myth Blades, Golem Minions, Ether Shields, and Cyclops cards.

Let your Golem Minion help. Let it do some damage and take a hit for you.

The drill is this: Myth Blade, Cyclops to whatever enemy doesn't have Absorb, Wand. The bladed Cyclops will do about 400 damage, and the wand will finish the enemy.

If you have to wait to power up a spell, use a Fire or Ether Shield to stop damage, or a Pixie to heal if needed.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I did notice that their absorb didn't block ghoul, and I have vampire. I also always mark outside, for the same reasons. But I didn't know it counted as a dungeon. But I'll try it again... Oh yeah, also, it's sunbird, not fire bird. I believe I'm covered on the wands thing, it gives me minor strike that does 65 damage.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Actually, the runed peridot wand I have equipped should be switched. There are stronger attacks like that with different wands. The problem is a little money issue.

Anyway, now I'm level 25. Something I noticed at a lower level was that once I used vampire, guess what one of the darn death pixies did. The exact same one I was attacking shielded itself to death spells.

In case you haven't noticed, I have been using my training points on death spells. I recently started using others for storm spells. I checked out the life spells, but it just didn't seem worth it.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
rockintitan1021 wrote:

ugh it took me 3 tries to do this battle. i was not smart enough to mark the inside of it then i got my level 28 quest. it wanted me to go to chelsea court! i wasnt even in marleybone! i'm still not there yet! (i'm just lazy i guess lol -) but when i went in there i thought i couldnt do it because one has 1,500 health and the other has 1.000 health. well they were both myth. what do ya know? so i keep thinking that they were gonna kill me and i could get back there because the only friend who was on and took me there was offline when i went in so i kept worrying. but all ya gotta do is use the cyclops minion you get on one of the school quest i forget which one it is though but i think its that one. well after all i put in there guess what my reward is from my teacher? a stun card... so let me just say that the level 28 myth quest is pretty easy for me because i have good resist. i forget the names of my stuff but they are all from the same set. to get high resist: brady's famous vestment, brady's shoes of the bubble but i forgot the name of the hat. they are also the best level 25 myth gear i could find at the bazaar try looking there