Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kids have feelings too!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Ok so on the message boards I have been reading and a lot of them are a ADULT REALM. That makes me angry as I am a kid myself! This is a terrible idea! A lot of adults when talking about this call us "Annoying" or "Rude" but you adults are the same! We have feelings and have as much right to play as you! CONSIDERING IT IS A MOSTLY KID GAME! I know it is family but really it is mostly kids. Yeah so we get open chat when we shouldn't? I got it and don't swear at all! Darthlexus stated "This is a great idea! kids are so annoying!" Well you were once a kid too! We are just kids! Stop ruining the fun and telling us we are annoying! Cause lets face it, Adults are just as rude...
So WE HAVE FEELINGS! DON'T FORGET IT! Come on KIDS we can team up together and stop the evil adults!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Why is it you are insisting this is a kids game? I have not seen anythng that states this game is for children, but rather more for families (look at the front page, you will even see the indication for family plans).

Yes, adults can be annoying. Children can be too. What I dont understand is if Adults are so annoying, why you are so strongly against an adult only realm.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
I agree 85%. The 15% is they should have an adult realm so they can swear without kids being near. But, I am a kid too but I faked myself into being 19 years old!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
I think youre right.I have no adult friends anymore cause they think theyre so great.This is a KIDS game .you can play but dont ruin the fun.those adults reading this should feel ASHAMED>
Cody Sparklemask
level 38 Ice

Believe to Achieve

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Please don't generalized all adults into this catergory. I am an adult and have many kids as friends on here, some are even on my favorite list, so I don't accidently delete them.

I don't agree with the adult realm only either. This game was designed for KIDS and families, meaning adults with KIDS. For those that wish for an adult realm only, there are plenty of adult only MMO's.

However, I do understand some of the frustrations that adults have with kids. There is the communication problem, finding ways around the filters to curse (seen adults do it too) and the immaturity. I have encounter more problems with kids in these situation than adults. I don't think an adults only section would resolve the problems

For those adults that want an adult only realm simply to swear, than I think you need to look into the mirror or take a language class to find out why you can only swear to let someone know your thoughts and emotions. There are other ways to express yourself without foul language.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Look im a kid and i agree we can be annoying sometimes. look at the real world. There no kids a bars or nightclubs????????????????? i see why adults want a adult realm

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Really most adults that play this game dont even play it a while. The people that make these adult only realms are teens and they wanna get away and be with some people there own ages. and say stuff that isnt that bad and isnt against open chat filter but would make kids report them. i going for the so called adult only realms cause i joined this game at first for the game then i saw teens playing it and now i have to talk at my house to get away and talk. We should just call it TEEN realms and have adult realms allot more secure than just having open chat to get it cause in my oppinion open chat is MADE for teens. maybe adults should have free chat or something.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Thank you somone has posted a forum on this! Ppl need to realize its not just kids!kids r not the only problem! Its also trash talking adults (I am not sayin all adults trash talk but I kno quite a few do). I made my account old enouph for text chat (I only changed it a year) and it wasn't to swear or cuss, it was so I could talk to my friends with a little more freedom. My parents said I could too. So to sum it up, ITS NOT JUST KIDS SO STOP BLAMING US! Thank you for reading.

Amber Stormsong, Magus diviner, mooshu

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
I agree 85%. The 15% is they should have an adult realm so they can swear without kids being near. But, I am a kid too but I faked myself into being 19 years old!

Don't you get it? Regardless of whether you are 6 years old or 106 years old, swearing is not permitted in any form in this game.

There is no age statute for bad behavior. I've seen bad behavior in kids and adults, male and female alike.

You want to make an exclusive Realm? Make a bad behavior realm and force-populate it with those who have been punished, those who have been (valid)reported but KI did not take action, and those who have a habit of false reporting whenever things don't go thier way.

Community Leader
I am an adult and do not feel adults and kids should have their own realms.
I help many children in test and live realm. I watch over them too. Say its the Mother , Grandmother or Aunt in me. Kids are our future :)

Please remember this game is made for all ages.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Honestly when we were given the option to auto-deny and ignore friend/hatch/trade requests almost all of my issues went away. It's hands down the most annoying behavior I've seen in players of this game.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2010
YOu think us kids are annoying? Well something bad for YOU. YOU shouldnt even be able to KNOW whether were kids or not. ALSO you are being harsh to us kids. I mean YOU werent ever kids once? Think back to that!

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
If there is going to be adult realm, i'm going to change my age right away to 18. Not because to swear, i don't do that in games, it's just that i hate it when i type some word wrong, it filters it. Or if i write something like "heh, i haven't been long here, i just came here", it filters ._.

Whatever to me if there is going to be an adult realm, you can always change your age, afterall, this is internet.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
FINALLY SOMEONE. I just want to say thank you for posting this. Most adults say we are mean, nasty, annoying, etc. BUT WE ARE NOT. LIKE HE SAID KIDS HAVE FEELINGS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
The main problem in the kids vs adults arena is the manners thing. And the person who said that you should take a look at yourself and see why you can't express yourself without swearing, I agree. It has been said (by people smarter than I) that a person who cannot express themselves intelligently without swearing simply lack the intelligence to do so. I know the vast majority of people who play are more intelligent than they give themselves credit for. If you must swear, do it on the other side of the computer where we don't have to put up with it. And if someone corrects you, take it to heart and larn from your mistakes.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Look im a kid and i agree we can be annoying sometimes. look at the real world. There no kids a bars or nightclubs????????????????? i see why adults want a adult realm

Yeah maybe adults want time to themselfs.
However this is a FAMILY GAME AND KI IS
NOT GONNA MAKE AN ADULT REALM OR
TEEN REALM! SO QUIT TALKING ABOUT THIS!!!!!!
But again this is a family game

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
First, I'd like to clear some things up: we're talking about an Adults Only realm, not a completely different server for adults (that's just crazy).

Second, for the people who really think we want an Adults Only realm so we can curse freely, that's completely erroneous. To add to that, the adults that have explicitly said they want an Adults Only realm just to curse need to stop playing the game and go back to Language Arts class.

Finally, the fact that KI deems Wizard101 a Family game has nothing to do with the fact that it's geared towards families playing the game together. That is something people have inferred over time. The term 'family game' means that everyone in the "average" family can play this game; kids, tweens, teens, young adults, adults, the middle aged, and elders.

I'm for an Adults Only realm because sometimes I don't feel like talking about the newest episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars or explaining that I'm not "too old" to play Wizard101, and that there are adults that play this game. Sometimes I'd like to play with people that are closer to my age. Is that too much to ask? Kids of course don't have this problem being the majority, but us adults do.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Look, kids and adults all gotta face the fact that WE DO NOT NEED A NEW REALM. If us kids keep annoying you so much, don't tell us, or just try not to hurt their feelings. So if I were an adult, I would try to act more like an adult and not hurt children's feelings! Come on, it isn't hard.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
Ok, im a teenager, and I am seriously thinking you need reconsider. The adults are wanting to be kept seperate from little kids who take their traps, swear, and other stuff. I agree with their idea. The adults are not evil, they just find that a majority of kids are rude. You actually are being rude by not bothering to think why the adults are calling you rude. And, all though adults were once kids, they go through the biggest change in their life, which I am going through right now. Its called pueberty. And one of its factors is prime development in the brain. Go through pueberty, which I am certain you have not gone through, or started going through, and then come back, and you will delete this post.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Da1Meeper wrote:
Ok, im a teenager, and I am seriously thinking you need reconsider. The adults are wanting to be kept seperate from little kids who take their traps, swear, and other stuff. I agree with their idea. The adults are not evil, they just find that a majority of kids are rude. You actually are being rude by not bothering to think why the adults are calling you rude. And, all though adults were once kids, they go through the biggest change in their life, which I am going through right now. Its called pueberty. And one of its factors is prime development in the brain. Go through pueberty, which I am certain you have not gone through, or started going through, and then come back, and you will delete this post.

Am going through it right now All I am saying is they can be rude to us. I am mature enough to know not to waste traps or be rude. So don't call me a "little kid" (you said I haven't hit puberty yet so yeah that is calling me little)

Survivor
Oct 20, 2010
Not to sound obtuse but why are some of the younger people seemingly so afraid of older people wanting to play with other people of thier own age bracket?
I for one don't mind playing with younger folks, however the only obstacle I come across is the limited menu chat. There are so many things you can't explain to those players. For example in Big Ben. Please don't spill the milk! This type of limitation is extremly frustrating. You can't tell them why so they keep doing it. You can't even tell them not to do it. Same thing goes for the puzzles. A lot of the time they just randomly run around and click things on and off. You can say stop, but it doesn't seem to sink in. In a long dungeon, this kind of problem can be most annoying.

I find that the overly limited menu chat becomes a problem for everyone, not just adults but the text chat players as well. They also have this issue. I feel it cause rifts between the players that don't need to exist.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
i see what you mean but i dont completely agree and guess what...im a kid too

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I am NOT a kid, but I understand everybody's point. I have been annoyed by kids before, but the thing is, kids are automatically annoying and rude, but they can't control that. That said, there should be realms for each age group. That way, the kids annoy other kids (which is okay), the teens get the noob problem gone, and the adults even get the realm they wanted.

P.S. I can see how to a kid it may seem as though I am attacking them. Trust me, it is a part of growing up that happened to me too (sometimes the ideas
I made when I was younger haunt my brain to this day).