Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spelling and Grammar: Why They're Important

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Well, i have to say i see everyone's point (even the ones against each other) and i must say, grammar (it is "ar" at the end right? I dont have to spell that often...) and spelling are important, but some people (like me (since this thread is about spelling i am trying to write better )) dont want to have to write properly, like someone said, for kids (like me) we go to school and get judged on what we do, we dont like any critisism (i totally spelled that wrong (again, dont have to write that often)) we don't need. We go online to get away from it (well, atleast i do) and when someone corrects us, we aren't happy. I am a straight A student, even in my elective (with the exeption of PE ) , and i want to get away from it, and that is why i am often online. I happen to be a horrible online speller i'm a texter, and i write like it ( i exceeded my older sister's texting amount for two months in just after i got my phone 8) ). Now, for the other side, we need to be able to actually READ your comment, if you have a question, we want to be able to help, but sometimes that isn't possible. So i may not have many reasons for this, it is true, and we need to realize that. These people on here probably want to help you spell as well as help themselves read it. I normally dont even capitalize, and i almost never have a post with perfect spelling online, with the exception of a few typos, and it's not because i'm dumb or have a low IQ, its because i choose to. So, both sides point of veiw right here, thank you for listening to a 7th grader ramble on for probably no reason at all. :(

Amber Stormsong master diviner

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
@gtarhannon: Thanks, it's my old Japanese name from my HS Japanese class. I don't know what I was thinking when I chose the name, but now I hate it and I've changed it to Junichi Daitoku. Sadly, I can't update my handle, so instead of being the "obedient first son of great virtue", I'm stuck being the "bright, broad, clothing guild". Anyway, thank you for sticking it to the non-believers and keeping hope alive. I'm surprised you're not a college graduate! I guess I'm one of the people who have been led to believe that only college graduates use proper grammar and diction. You have definitely set me straight. By the way, diagramming sentences isn't as "lost" an art as you think: I've been doing them for past week in my Linguistics class...

I was certain that your handle was Japanese due to the copious amounts of anime I watch with my daughter. While I like your new name as well, I think that metaphorically the "bright, broad, clothing guild" is great because most people "wrap" themselves with an online persona which they then utilize while they flit about on the "innerwebs". :) As to the college graduate thing... that's a common opinion so no worries. I was fortunate to understand the value of free education at a young age and I therefore likely took more advantage of the opportunity than many do.

I have taken much criticism over the course of my life for the way that I speak (to be clear, I talk the same way I write). I have had many accusations leveled at me regarding too much "smart talk" and "unnecessary big words". Many of these have come from my children. What I have always told them is that it isn't about a "big" word, its about the correct word to match what I'm thinking, so if I use a word you don't recognize, ask me about it and I'll try to explain it a different way. Limiting one's vocabulary not only limits one's ability to articulate their thoughts, it also limits one's ability to fully form the thought in the first place.

I have a similar opinion regarding spelling and grammar. I think that a grammatically correct sentence, unmarred by spelling errors, which communicates succinctly what you are thinking to others is both a beautiful work of logic and a triumph of communication. Each successful sentence sates two very basic (and I think primal) human needs, namely "to be heard" and "to be understood". I mentioned previously the ribbing I took from my children. My two oldest are adults now, but each time we sit down and talk, they tell me how glad they are that I and the rest of the adults in my family have exposed them to this way of thinking. They have no difficulty in communicating with anyone that they meet, regardless of background and education.

I just did my read through and I realized that I have apparently awakened in a mood to "wax all poetical" this morning. :) I'll go ahead and finish this post off by saying I am so very happy to hear that diagramming sentences isn't dead, and also a hearty "Thank you!" to you for opening this thread in the first place.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
@gtarhannon: Thanks, it's my old Japanese name from my HS Japanese class. I don't know what I was thinking when I chose the name, but now I hate it and I've changed it to Junichi Daitoku. Sadly, I can't update my handle, so instead of being the "obedient first son of great virtue", I'm stuck being the "bright, broad, clothing guild". Anyway, thank you for sticking it to the non-believers and keeping hope alive. I'm surprised you're not a college graduate! I guess I'm one of the people who have been led to believe that only college graduates use proper grammar and diction. You have definitely set me straight. By the way, diagramming sentences isn't as "lost" an art as you think: I've been doing them for past week in my Linguistics class...

I THOUGHT it was Japanese.
At any rate, my reference to the "ima avrige joe" song... was referring to a self-made song meant to parody... well... (awkward) people with your self-confessed "old" mindset. Partially, that is: it parodies those who count themselves OUT of proper grammar and spelling.

@FireFan02: My mom's roommate (and probably the reason why I'm such a grammar fanatic) would make me write and say every spelling word TEM times when she babysat me back in 3rd grade. Every Spelling and Grammar homework assignment had to be immaculate. She didn't give a hoot (for lack of a better word) about Science, History, or Math; if I messed up Spelling and Grammar there was not a rock I could hide under. Stories like these are the ones that haunt me...lol jkjk I guess I'm a better person for it.

Grammar enforcers of the Forum, unite! (Notice my avoidance of "grammar Nazi." I find it carries a more negative connotation.) My parents prefer to just plain enforce academic effort, so... there, we differ.

@FoxFyr: Well deduced, and you bring up a good point on proper spelling and grammar = rationality and intelligence.

Thank you - correct me if my pronunciation is incorrect - [AH kee HEE roh HAH t Toh ree]. By the way, are "Akihiro Hattori" and "Junichi Daitoku" in the Romanji or English version (that is, are the family names placed before or after the personal name?)?

@nijac: ...So what about those of us who aren't internet people? Like gtarhannon said we're not looking for Shakespeare (especially since he didn't speak contemporary English lol); we're lazy and we just want to be able to read a post once without having to wonder what the poster was trying to say. Is that really too much to ask? By the way, I'm guessing it took you a couple of seconds to go from finishing reading my post to posting a reply. A goldfish can still remember what I said in that time frame, so why couldn't you?

We most certainly are not seeking posts of Shakespearian or Dantean quality. We just want to be able to comprehend the message.
On a sidenote, a goldfish's short-term memory has been proven to extend far beyond the previously believed three seconds.

@DavidStronghunter: How dare you even try to play the victim. Carrying on saying, "I don't like people telling me what to do outside of school," and "In a game that stuff doesn't matter." First, if you haven't noticed we're in the Forums, not the actual game. In Wizard101, I don't care how you type because I can always ask you what you said and have you respond in two seconds. We don't have that luxury here. Second, no one mentioned you before you decided to post on here, so why are you talking to us like like we're talking about you behind your back an making an example of you? Even though you most clearly are, none of the posters even mentioned your name, and if we had without you here the thread would've been thrown out. A word of advice: think before you type.

Well said. This isn't a game, this is a Forum. Unlike on Wizard101 itself, where you can make a fool of yourself in front of a maximum of, oh, a couple dozen people with no real record for them to refer to (I confess to porting to my Castle once to recite Rowan Atkinson's Jesus is Amazing without possibly embarrassing myself), here, on this forum, there are a few million people who can post, and everyone in the world with a computer can see this Forum. Look unintelligent here, and it is quite possible for the world to see.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
melen wrote:
wizard10123488 wrote:
I agree, I read a lot of topics and stuff. I saw this one post and the guy forgot to put spaces in between so i couldnt reed it. Thank you so much for bringing this up :D
UGH! if your going to post in a thing that is about spelling & grammer then spell reAd right not reEd

If YOU'RE going to correct someone's spelling, you should try to spell correctly as well.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
cameron225 wrote:
Well, i have to say i see everyone's point (even the ones against each other) and i must say, grammar (it is "ar" at the end right? I dont have to spell that often...) and spelling are important, but some people (like me (since this thread is about spelling i am trying to write better )) dont want to have to write properly, like someone said, for kids (like me) we go to school and get judged on what we do, we dont like any critisism (i totally spelled that wrong (again, dont have to write that often)) we don't need. We go online to get away from it (well, atleast i do) and when someone corrects us, we aren't happy. I am a straight A student, even in my elective (with the exeption of PE ) , and i want to get away from it, and that is why i am often online. I happen to be a horrible online speller i'm a texter, and i write like it ( i exceeded my older sister's texting amount for two months in just after i got my phone 8) ). Now, for the other side, we need to be able to actually READ your comment, if you have a question, we want to be able to help, but sometimes that isn't possible. So i may not have many reasons for this, it is true, and we need to realize that. These people on here probably want to help you spell as well as help themselves read it. I normally dont even capitalize, and i almost never have a post with perfect spelling online, with the exception of a few typos, and it's not because i'm dumb or have a low IQ, its because i choose to. So, both sides point of veiw right here, thank you for listening to a 7th grader ramble on for probably no reason at all. :(

See, this is what we're talking about. Yes, being online is a break for many people from the responsibilities that plague them so that we can finally relax. That doesn't mean, however, that we should forget everything we learned in school. That's what we go to school for: to learn and apply what we learned to real life situations...like this one! I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned more than once that we are judged by how we present ourselves in every way; that includes in online forums. Therefore, with all due respect, choosing to type incoherently isn't very smart and doesn't make you look very smart either. That's just the way it goes. I'm a texter as well; my mom got me unlimited texting because of that lol. When I text, as well as well as when I text in the game, I text. When I'm in the Forum, I type. By the way, you spelled 'grammar' correctly, but it's 'criticism'. Also, lay off the parentheses!

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
cameron225 wrote:

See, this is what we're talking about. Yes, being online is a break for many people from the responsibilities that plague them so that we can finally relax. That doesn't mean, however, that we should forget everything we learned in school. That's what we go to school for: to learn and apply what we learned to real life situations...like this one! I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned more than once that we are judged by how we present ourselves in every way; that includes in online forums. Therefore, with all due respect, choosing to type incoherently isn't very smart and doesn't make you look very smart either. That's just the way it goes. I'm a texter as well; my mom got me unlimited texting because of that lol. When I text, as well as well as when I text in the game, I text. When I'm in the Forum, I type. By the way, you spelled 'grammar' correctly, but it's 'criticism'. Also, lay off the parentheses!

Haha thanks for the tips, and I do use a lot of parentheses because I usually have a lot of things going on in my mind, I tend to think of three things at once, or just some random thought goes into my head. Your posts are right, we should type better. If we want help, or anything else on the forums, we need to make sure that the people trying to help us know what we are saying. Ps. What does incoheritly mean? I forgot

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
cameron225 wrote:

Haha thanks for the tips, and I do use a lot of parentheses because I usually have a lot of things going on in my mind, I tend to think of three things at once, or just some random thought goes into my head. Your posts are right, we should type better. If we want help, or anything else on the forums, we need to make sure that the people trying to help us know what we are saying. Ps. What does incoheritly mean? I forgot

The word "incoherently" essentially means that it cannot be understood, or that it is extremely difficult to understand. For instance.... "The survivor just keeps babbling on incoherently. I'm trying to get him to calm down so that we can understand what he is saying." I hope that helps.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
First off, let me congratulate Akihiro for being simply awesome (as well as for paying attention in school). I think this post should be a sticky so that the forums can hold it dear to their hearts in hopes that the rest of those who consider posting on the forums will read this thread and think twice about dragging our language through the mud.

Where to begin, where to begin? I’ll have to start the beginning... Sandy, I think your first response to this thread was because you took offense to it (maybe someone with OCD has corrected you in the passed?). I believe that you lack the skills to properly formulate a sentence without feeling worried that it may fall under one’s heavy critique. To be honest, I never really much cared for Ms. Manners when it came the feelings of those who I am not close to. In fact, it seems to be the quite the opposite. We all know that you will tell a child, who is not close to you, to not play with fire (this is a form of correction) because you are smart enough to correct them so that they don’t burn a house down. Also, your paragraphs were so butchered, I had to read it several times over to figure out just who’s side you were on. So if you are going to correct someone on a matter, you better know more about the matter than the person who you are trying to correct. I took offense to that statement, because it was an ignorant (means “lack of knowledge”) statement. Not because you accused me of getting on the forums to waste time by strictly looking for grammatical errors to correct. Also, if you are going to tell us that you were “told by someone intelligent”, you might want to cite that person in order to make your argument more believable. Hopefully, if you decide to further your education by going to college, you will probably come across “work citations” when you enter your first English Composition I class.

Bryten, the first post that Akihiro made to Sandy was to partially to mock (clearly) her for her attempt to belittle him. His retort wasn’t made because he overbearingly loves the English language and wants to fail all who do not use it 100% properly.

David, you didn’t have to read this thread. However, you did and in it you chose to participate. So therefore, we will not give you a break :-). Also, I noticed you failed to grasp the concept of what Akihiro favors, and those alike. The idea behind it is to get people to COMMUNICATE better, not to correct those who make typographical errors. It has been made quite clear that Akihiro doesn’t require, nor want, us to use a dictionary when it comes to the matter of typing the English language over the Internet. If you do not like the fact that people want you to speak proper English, then you should try your luck with an other language? I would like to learn how to always make a perfectly made sentence, paragraph, essay, short novel, book, or whatever that I would like to express on paper through the English language. It is very helpful because learning to master the English language is EXTREMELY hard, and I congratulate those who are perfectly articulate. So that people can understand what I am trying to express the FIRST time I say it. And do you know another reason why I would like to be able to do this? It is because there are no breaks when it comes to doing ANYTHING properly, just like the game won’t give you a break when you fail at beating a monster. Someone or something (the game, perhaps?) is ALWAYS judging you, therefore you will never get “a break". And speaking of “sound[ing] like [your] teachers”, why would you even bother playing this game when it is full of them TEACHING you how to do something PROPERLY (like how to play the game)?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
this whole thread is very funny . to quote a friend "you aint learnen me none english here" :D

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
I think we're focusing a bit too much on the "Spelling and Grammar" part of the original post (but, hey! Nothing's wrong with that) and not enough on what got this thread to be relocated to the Dorms - ideas for the game or Forum.

The idea in question is putting in a "Spell check" and a "Grammar check" on the Forum, in a similar fashion to Microsoft Word.

I definitely support this. I believe that those little red and green zig-zagged underlinings could really help people notice and correct improper grammar and incorrect spelling. Those lines should be visible while typing the post, and should also be visible on the published post. However, in the interests of pride and sensitivity, the underlinings on the published post should only be visible on the computer that is logged in as the poster.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
BrutalTooth wrote:
First off, let me congratulate Akihiro for being simply awesome (as well as for paying attention in school). I think this post should be a sticky so that the forums can hold it dear to their hearts in hopes that the rest of those who consider posting on the forums will read this thread and think twice about dragging our language through the mud.

Where to begin, where to begin? I’ll have to start the beginning... Sandy, I think your first response to this thread was because you took offense to it (maybe someone with OCD has corrected you in the passed?). I believe that you lack the skills to properly formulate a sentence without feeling worried that it may fall under one’s heavy critique. To be honest, I never really much cared for Ms. Manners when it came the feelings of those who I am not close to. In fact, it seems to be the quite the opposite. We all know that you will tell a child, who is not close to you, to not play with fire (this is a form of correction) because you are smart enough to correct them so that they don’t burn a house down. Also, your paragraphs were so butchered, I had to read it several times over to figure out just who’s side you were on. So if you are going to correct someone on a matter, you better know more about the matter than the person who you are trying to correct. I took offense to that statement, because it was an ignorant (means “lack of knowledge”) statement. Not because you accused me of getting on the forums to waste time by strictly looking for grammatical errors to correct. Also, if you are going to tell us that you were “told by someone intelligent”, you might want to cite that person in order to make your argument more believable. Hopefully, if you decide to further your education by going to college, you will probably come across “work citations” when you enter your first English Composition I class.

Bryten, the first post that Akihiro made to Sandy was to partially to mock (clearly) her for her attempt to belittle him. His retort wasn’t made because he overbearingly loves the English language and wants to fail all who do not use it 100% properly.

David, you didn’t have to read this thread. However, you did and in it you chose to participate. So therefore, we will not give you a break :). Also, I noticed you failed to grasp the concept of what Akihiro favors, and those alike. The idea behind it is to get people to COMMUNICATE better, not to correct those who make typographical errors. It has been made quite clear that Akihiro doesn’t require, nor want, us to use a dictionary when it comes to the matter of typing the English language over the Internet. If you do not like the fact that people want you to speak proper English, then you should try your luck with an other language? I would like to learn how to always make a perfectly made sentence, paragraph, essay, short novel, book, or whatever that I would like to express on paper through the English language. It is very helpful because learning to master the English language is EXTREMELY hard, and I congratulate those who are perfectly articulate. So that people can understand what I am trying to express the FIRST time I say it. And do you know another reason why I would like to be able to do this? It is because there are no breaks when it comes to doing ANYTHING properly, just like the game won’t give you a break when you fail at beating a monster. Someone or something (the game, perhaps?) is ALWAYS judging you, therefore you will never get “a break". And speaking of “sound[ing] like [your] teachers”, why would you even bother playing this game when it is full of them TEACHING you how to do something PROPERLY (like how to play the game)?

Way to stick it to the non-believers! By the way, if you're serious about mastering the English language start with this:

1. 'Passed' is the past tense of the verb 'pass'; 'past' is the noun.
2. 'Whose' is the possessive pronoun; 'who's' is a contraction of 'who is'.
3. Commas are your friend. You have a lot of sentence fragments in your post.

I couldn't resist pointing this out :D Please don't be mad.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
jamderson wrote:
this whole thread is very funny . to quote a friend "you aint learnen me none english here" :D

So confused here...

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Way to stick it to the non-believers! By the way, if you're serious about mastering the English language start with this:

1. 'Passed' is the past tense of the verb 'pass'; 'past' is the noun.
2. 'Whose' is the possessive pronoun; 'who's' is a contraction of 'who is'.
3. Commas are your friend. You have a lot of sentence fragments in your post.

I couldn't resist pointing this out :D Please don't be mad.

Not mad one bit :) I sometimes fear I have too many commas at times, so I tend to try and delete some while revising a long response, such as this. And the 'who's' was a slip up lol.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
not to be rude but its kinda hard to type complete sentences with periods and capitilize it while battling and telling people what to do before the round is over. its easier just to abbreviate it such as: rebirth and attack boss instead of Heal us with rebirth and then use an attack on the boss please. People will understand if you cant add please to every phrase especially if you are battling

Just saying i mean this is my opinion

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I'm done with trying to respond to a comment or question, but can't because I can hardly read your comment or question. Is it really that much work to use proper spelling and grammar (this includes punctuation as well)? I know that the majority of people who post in the Forum are kids who will respond saying, "This is the Internet! We can spell however we want to, no matter how uneducated it makes us look!" However, that's no excuse for butchering the English language so badly that you become completely incoherent. I think a solution to this problem would be if KI added a Spelling and Grammar option to the Forum. Of course the easier solution would be to pay attention in English class, but the first solution seems more likely to actually happen.

I litterally just read a post where somebody was misspelling every other word. They spelled Celestia Celecia or something.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
kwikkar wrote:
not to be rude but its kinda hard to type complete sentences with periods and capitilize it while battling and telling people what to do before the round is over. its easier just to abbreviate it such as: rebirth and attack boss instead of Heal us with rebirth and then use an attack on the boss please. People will understand if you cant add please to every phrase especially if you are battling

kwikkar-This post is regarding spelling and grammar in these forums, not in game. I understand perfectly what you are saying about in game. I rarely do either in game. My poor typing skills make it all but impossible.

Megan

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
look if the game didnt even exist the message boards woulnt either. plus you dare YOU say that to me. if you met me irl you would be to scared to say that.

David-many of us posting here are adults. While I understand talking tough is very hip in school (especially junior high). I would suggest here it is not. The person you are addressing is an adult. I highly doubt they would be afraid of you in real life.

We all understand these boards would not exist if the game did not. The point is about any board you post on using the internet. Your words, spelling and grammar paint a picture of you that millions of people can see and form. Frankly, I have rather unflattering image of you from your words and actions here. What is sad is that image may be far from the real you. I have no way of knowing. If I met you in real life you would have a very hard time changing my mind. Later in life these things can haunt you and hurt you. They can cost you money and jobs.

People in game have commented how nice I am. That is because of my words and actions. I make them reflect who I really am. I try hard to live by "Do unto others as you would have them do to you.". In other words I treat others how I expect them to treat me. I weigh my words and actions carefully . They have very real repercussions.

Megan

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
kwikkar wrote:

*sigh* This has been addressed in the thread.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
look if the game didnt even exist the message boards woulnt either. plus you dare YOU say that to me. if you met me irl you would be to scared to say that.

Listen to me, and listen well.

If the game didn't exist, then, yes, this Forum wouldn't either. However, the game DOES exist, and use of hypothetical situations won't further your cause; all it'll make you do is look foolish.

Next, I have no idea how the moderators let such a blatant THREAT get posted. Do you hear me? Not a CLUE. Which, if I do say so myself (and I do :P), means something.

Furthermore, the idea of someone so obviously undeveloped being any sort of a threat is laughable at best. I don't know who you are or who's related to you, but that means nothing. NOTHING.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
BrutalTooth wrote:
Not mad one bit :) I sometimes fear I have too many commas at times, so I tend to try and delete some while revising a long response, such as this. And the 'who's' was a slip up lol.

Glad you're not mad; I thought the 'who's' was probably a typo (I do it all the time), but so many people get homophones mixed up it's ridiculous, so I thought I'd just mention it. Commas are a bit tricky; I can't really explain, you just have to know. Ask your English teacher lol. In the meantime, try to focus more on spelling and other aspects of grammar (mechanics and stuff).

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009

Really?! I had no idea! You're missing the point. We're just saying that KI should add a SpellCheck so that people can see what they're spelling wrong and correct themselves. Therefore, they will present themselves better on the internet and learn something in the process. Yes, I said "learn something in the process." As for the threat...whatever. I'm obviously decades older than you (or at least you're acting like I'm decades older than you), so I will be the bigger man.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
Remember kids, punctuation saves lives.

Lets eat Grandma
Let's eat, Grandma.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Firefan02 wrote:

David-many of us posting here are adults. While I understand talking tough is very hip in school (especially junior high). I would suggest here it is not. The person you are addressing is an adult. I highly doubt they would be afraid of you in real life.

We all understand these boards would not exist if the game did not. The point is about any board you post on using the internet. Your words, spelling and grammar paint a picture of you that millions of people can see and form. Frankly, I have rather unflattering image of you from your words and actions here. What is sad is that image may be far from the real you. I have no way of knowing. If I met you in real life you would have a very hard time changing my mind. Later in life these things can haunt you and hurt you. They can cost you money and jobs.

People in game have commented how nice I am. That is because of my words and actions. I make them reflect who I really am. I try hard to live by "Do unto others as you would have them do to you.". In other words I treat others how I expect them to treat me. I weigh my words and actions carefully . They have very real repercussions.

Megan

um thats cause you dont know who my friends are and who i am. maybe i caption of wrestling team. maybe my friends can beat people up in one punch, which they dont cause they nice, but they can. and i dont think your nice by
the way you talk to me. and i might not be in junior high but i might. you dont know any of that so just dont say that stuff any more

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Firefan02 wrote:

Megan

Yes totally. Ppl who you dont even no, can easily tell wheter your a good person or not just by how you spell. DUDE GIVE HIM A BREAK!

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
um thats cause you dont know who my friends are and who i am. maybe i caption of wrestling team. maybe my friends can beat people up in one punch, which they dont cause they nice, but they can. and i dont think your nice by
the way you talk to me. and i might not be in junior high but i might. you dont know any of that so just dont say that stuff any more

Sorry David, I went into parental lecture mode. You obviously recognize that tone and don't like it. My kids have heard this one. I was not mean. Just told you things life has taught me the hard way. Furthermore, I can say what I want as long as I don't break the rules here. You can choose not to read my posts.

No, you don't scare or intimidate me in the least. I am not afraid of you, your friends or other young "tough" guys. I never have bowed down to bullying and don't plan to start at my age.

Megan