Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Ignore Button

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'm tired of everyone ending a conversation on cursing, threats, or just general rudeness with "It's called 'Ignore and Report'." We're fully aware that there are Ignore and Report buttons, but what does reporting and ignoring someone really do? It's been stated countless times that it doesn't seem like reporting people does anything. I've had people tell me to my face that reporting them won't do anything to them because they've been reported so many times. Ignoring is just that: you're ignoring the problem. Isn't there an alternative solution? Will there ever be an alternative solution?

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
Your so right I have reported somebody for doing bad language and nothing hapens. Hey KI the update my have made some more filtering with words, but people are finding new ways too curse. PvP is the worst with rudness, I always get called Noob (By the way not really bad) Also kids find new ways to curse and curse at me. Not trying to be mean but, maybe may your security a little better.

Samuel Mistleaf Grandmaster Theurgist. Badge: Master of life :)

Administrator
This information is readily available on our Frequently Asked Questions page
https://www.wizard101.com/game/faq

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior.

We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use.

The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

community@wizard101.com