Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets are Being Downgraded?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
With a recent update on test all my pets have been downgraded drastically (by 20 points lower than the pedigree). All the talents and derby skills have been downgraded by one: epic is now ultra rare (3 vs. 4 pips), ultra rare is now rare (2 vs. 3 pips), etc. The total effect is that all pets pips in the talent and derby area are now 20 points short of the pedigree. What is worse, a brand new Sea Dragon has changed from a 72 pedigree to a 59 pedigree.

To make things more confusing, when a pet is leveled, the actual manifested talent is correct in the pip count, but what does this mean to the hatchery procees?

This was a display issue only.

Talents that were Epic were showing up as Common. They will now show up as Epic.
Talents that were Ultra Rare were showing up as Epic. They will now show up as Ultra Rare.
Talents that were Rare were showing up as Ultra Rare. They will now show up as Rare.
Talents that were Uncommon were showing up as Rare. They will now show up as Uncommon.
Talents that were Common were showing up as Uncommon. They will now show up as Common.

This change will not affect pedigree scores (overall or actual), no pet hatching costs, or anything else. Just the display name on the pet info screen before you get the actual talent, and the number of dots.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Community Leader
Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Are Common talents new? I don't remember seeing anything below Uncommon on my current (Live) pets.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
This was a display issue only.
Very good to know.

I did a comparison with live pets and found the following BOLDED words are what I was finding.

Prospector Zeke wrote:

Talents that were Epic were showing up as Common [Ultra-Rare or 3 pips].
Talents that were Ultra Rare were showing up as Epic [Rare or 2 pips].
Talents that were Rare were showing up as Ultra Rare [Uncommon or 1 pip].
Talents that were Uncommon were showing up as Rare [Common or No pip].
Talents that were Common were showing up as Uncommon. I did not check any pets with original common talents.

The underlined words need correction. There was a blanket dropping of 1 "dot" or pip for each of the talents, a talent "rank" demotion of 1, and a 20-point drop for the overall pedigree totals. Epic became Ultra-Rare, Ultra-Rare became Rare, Rare became Uncommon, Uncommon became Common, and frankly, any lower than that constitutes a pet out to pasture so I did not check the lowest level.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Correction! There seems to be a cutoff point (when you acquired the pet) on Zeke's list and mine. My newest pets seem to follow Zeke's translation system of "what are those unmanifested talents," epic or ultra rare, etc. For pets that are in live and test, the system is simply a downgrading of 1 to each of the talents as I reported. This includes some of the newly acquired pets. For pets acquired about 3 days ago, Zeke's translation system seems to be in place for these newer pets.

There is a cutoff date, but not absolutely sure on the exact date. I had purchased quite a few of the Sea Dragons and suggested a list friend do the same. He purchased them 1 day after I had. The downgrading of 1 system worked for my pets, but Zeke's outline appeqared to work for his that were acquired 1 day later.

My older pets are still following the -1 correction formula when compared last night (test vs. live).

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
This "graphical bug" has now moved to live. When will we see a fix on this? It is hard to determine if a pet is worthy of leveling or buying with the current setup.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
The petnomes haven't changed.
And the Celestia pets have, at worst, 2 passive Talents in the petnome.
All of them have Spritely.

Pets from the Hatchery might be more of an issue.
But I think you just add 1RP to the un-manifested slot.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
I hope this bug is fixed soon. It is impossible to tell which of my higher pedigree hybrids are worth leveling.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
All of the Celestia pets are worth training.

Sea Dragon-72 has all active Talents.
Pip chance
Health Gift
Two May Casts (both actually cast)
3 Gives Cards
3 Epic Universals (accuracy, damage, resist)

Dropped pets are fine. We know what most of the slots will manifest.
No actual changes there.

Hatched pets may be a bit more problematic, but you should just be able to add 1RP to each slot to figure out the potentials.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
bcbdla wrote:
All of the Celestia pets are worth training.

Sea Dragon-72 has all active Talents.
Pip chance
Health Gift
Two May Casts (both actually cast)
3 Gives Cards
3 Epic Universals (accuracy, damage, resist)

Dropped pets are fine. We know what most of the slots will manifest.
No actual changes there.

Hatched pets may be a bit more problematic, but you should just be able to add 1RP to each slot to figure out the potentials.

When test first came out, pets showed a -1 on unmanifested talents and derby skills for each pet. With the second update on test THIS CHANGED. I have a brand new sea dragon that has 5 epic slots, 3 rare slots and 2 ultra-rare slots. This does not fit into the first seen nifty formula of "just add one," nor does it fit into the nifty formula Zeke suggested.

We know this pet has ONLY EPIC and ULTR-RARE talents, and that all the talents are active talents. I am asking for a count on HOW MANY epic slots and HOW MANY ultra rare slots are on the Talent side of the pet, OR at the very least a TRUE picture of this pet's unmanifested talents NOT the actual talents. In other words, what should this pet look like without the graphical user interface bug that we are living under with this recent update.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
LOL

TALENTS:
Epic
Ultra-Rare
Epic
Epic
Epic
Epic
Ultra-Rare
Ultra-Rare