Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PLEASE! add more respawn places for red mandr

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
can you PLEASE! add more respawn places for red mandrake. or at least make the drop chance of blood moss more often! i am going crazy trying to farm it!

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
You can find a lot of it on Cyclops Lane near the boss towers.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I started making it my practice to always check Nightside in two realms any time I was passing through the Commons. Since that time, my wizards haven't felt shorted on Red Mandrake. The easiest place for me to find it has been Colossus Blvd, up towards the Gobbler King's castle. Of course, it's best to do this when a lot of other people aren't doing the same thing, but here's a good route:

Start by the left hand corner, as you are looking at the area from the entrance to the Gobbler King's castle. There is a spawn point here, whether you find one or not, go check -- then circle this space, over to the other corner, where there is also a spawn, near the Smith. Head up the road to the right, and circle around Baron Rotunda's place where ther are two spawn sites. Then, avoiding battle, cut over to the small island with the statue on it. There is another spawn on this island which is kind of hidden by trees. Once you've completed this circuit, change realms and reverse your direction. When you reach that lower corner, change realms again and go back.

Hopefully, this will help you get the blood moss you need. Good Luck!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
If you have not done so already, you should check out Eudora's transform recipes. You'll get the most out of the Mist Wood and Deep Mushrooms you'll also pick up there.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
thanx for your replys all. i just stuck with nighside and finally got them all. took a while but i think it is actually better than wasting all your gold on crafting the transmute cards.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I personally found the red mandrakes I needed in Nightside. Sure, it takes some time (about three hours for me to get everything I needed - though I only picked up a single blood moss on the way), but the spawns are close to each other, and you can, for instance, do your homework while hunting. :-)

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
Ktailma wrote:
can you PLEASE! add more respawn places for red mandrake. or at least make the drop chance of blood moss more often! i am going crazy trying to farm it!

I farmed about 50 red mandrakes yesterday and never found a blood moss with it. Have been stuck at DS quest forever! Guess I will keep farming until I have enough Red Mandrake to trasmute the blood moss I need.