Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please confirm Hatching question?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Okay, so if I breed with someone's level 48 pet, with my 48 pet, is it possible to get THEIR version of the resulting hatcing. For example, if my Wraith Mates with their Satyr, is it possible to get the lifeblossom egg, their resulting pet hybrid, on my side? I've been trying to get a confirm or a deny.

Do I make sense or am I babbling? Thank you for the help!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
You have equal chances of getting either hybrid from a 48 cross.

That means you have half the chance of getting the specific hybrid you are looking for than you have getting _any_ hybrid.

Good luck. You will need it.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Are you sure about that? I have mated my Wraith with a Satyr many times, and have received only the new hybrid wraith or an actual wraith. Not any other combination. Maybe I am just unlucky?

Do the pets have to be epic for it to work or is adult fine??

Thank you for the help!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Age doesn't matter, but from most of the threads on multiple sites, it does look like either hybid is just as likely, when presented with a large enough sample.

The trick is having the time, patience and gold to get a large enough sample.

Remember the statistics trick to making certain you get two socks of a particular color? The same math applies.

If all hatch options were equal, the chance of you getting a particular hatch option is exponential to it's likelihood. (Ie - if it actually was a 25% chance of getting either hybrid, you would likely need to attempt 16 times before being statistically guaranteed a particular hybrid. Since you do not even get a 25% chance, the number of breed attempts needed will multiply accordingly.