Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Respecing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Y is it that if i pay for 2 acc a month a still have to PAY for crowns to respec this really upsets me i really need to redo my build and i WILL not pay again i guess i just wont play any more idk

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you're referring to Training Points, they cost Crowns, and that's not likely to change.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
colagada wrote:
If you're referring to Training Points, they cost Crowns, and that's not likely to change.

And that is unfortunate.

I can understand a number of things sold by Crowns, and those are typically the items in the game that give you some advantage like potions, or the second-chance chests that shortcut farming a bit.

If they insist on the training point buy-back Crowns only, then they really need to lower the price drastically.
This is real money here, and no one is willing to toss it around lightly these days.

In all honesty, I would be far more willing to delete a character and start over before I'll shell out that kind of money.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
brytenshynee wrote:
colagada wrote:

And that is unfortunate.

I can understand a number of things sold by Crowns, and those are typically the items in the game that give you some advantage like potions, or the second-chance chests that shortcut farming a bit.

If they insist on the training point buy-back Crowns only, then they really need to lower the price drastically.
This is real money here, and no one is willing to toss it around lightly these days.

In all honesty, I would be far more willing to delete a character and start over before I'll shell out that kind of money.

Yep. Been there, done that and bought that t-shirt. 8) (Both retraining for crowns, and Just Starting Over.) KI charges crowns for anything that effectively changes gameplay, whether it is crown gear, or henchmen, or elixers. Redoing a character without taking the time and effort of starting over is a game changer ergo, it costs crowns.

Sometimes this is worthwhile. (Realizing at level 48 that your Ice wizard really should have gone for Death for feint. )

Sometimes this is not. (Realizing at level 15 that it was Not a Good idea to have your Myth Wizard to secondary in Fire and Lighting. :?)

KI has always pretty much gone with the philosophy that you can either spend a) time or b) money. It's up to the player to decide which.