Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Saving Instances.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
Instanced areas. I, myself, am stuck. At Katsteinez Lab (Or whatever it's called.) I could get through it, but I simply don't have the one and a half hours or so required uninterrupted. However, You MUST do it all at once, and if you don't, you can't do it. I like this game, but I can't progress at all due to a busy schedule. Thus, I propose the ability to save instances- two ways to do this.

One) Being able to save your progress through an instance. This could be reset whenever you like, but it can allow people like me do instanced areas.

Two) It is just like the first, but with two key differences. You can save it, leave, and come back in the same place, choosing to either keep the monsters how they were, or reset them. This would provide an easier way to farm items, and I see this as no real loss in a game without an item trading system. I, being a balance wizard, cannot even try to get the balance staff from Pops O'Leary, due to both me seeming to get all other items three times before I get the item I want, and the fact that I have to go through the whole instance to get there again(Which I hardly had time for in the first place)

*Snaps fingers* Discuss, decide, and employ.
GET TO IT SLAV- Er, I mean, glorious rules of me, the staff of Kings Isle...

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
YES! Many times I have been interrupted in an instance I'm trying to solo an instance. Also, if we can save instances, that means solo'ers can go back to the main area to get health and mana! Yes, yes... I enjoy this idea much....

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
While I definitely see your point (I have to get the Big Ben cat<sigh> and I've finished MooShu), the whole point of an instance is to NOT be able to not finish it.
Now, I've had the problem when I've lost a connection in the middle of an instance and lost connection-over an hour wasted!
So, perhaps instead, make some of these areas smaller! Or have save points, like in Big Ben, every 3 levels you could save.
Nothing is more frustrating than to have to redo an hours worth of work do to being disconnected or worse, just not having the time! I really don't want to spend hours fighting in Big Ben to get the cats, just so I can get the oysters in Mooshu, but it seems I don't have a choice.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
I believe when we are disconnected while doing instance levels we don't have to start from the beginning. Just go to the sigil enter the area and continue from the last step we were doing before got booted.
I got disconnected many times and I think I never had to repeat the instance level's quest from the beginning.
If we were with friends just teleport back to them.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
I AGREE! I'm regularly kicked off the computer, and it gets SO annoying to have to start over an instance again.