Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

handicap battles

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
oh yes i know what most of you are thinking
" oh no another rant about how judgement and wild bolt are unfair... blah blah blah"
but it isnt

handicap battles would give new ways to strategize and make pvping in the arena fun again

preset health
card rank limiter
treasure breaker
time attack

these are but a few of a couple cool handicap ideas for arena battles and here is how they would work

Preset health:
this handicap would preset everyone participating in the match to a certain level health say.... 2500 was their health
everyones health would be adjusted to this for the duration of the battle
resists,critical hits and critical blocks would remain the same

Card rank limiter:
this fun handicap would allow you to set the max rank of spells able to be cast
say you set it to rank 4
only spells rank 4 or lower could be cast
spells with lowered pip cost would be unable to cast if it cost more than 4 pips originally
health,resists,critical hits and critical blocks would remain the same

Treasure breaker:
this arena setting would stop all usage of treasure cards
other than this it is a normal match
health,resists,critical hits and critical blocks would remain the same

Time attack:
this is not what you first may think
this arena match would have a preset number of rounnds and whoever of which ever team at the end had the lowest health or all team members lost all health would lose
so say if you had it set to 5 rounds ( 5 is the minimum rounds that can be preset 15 is the maximum... or less depending on player feedback)
then unless a team is knocked out the one with the lowest health wins

feedback would be appreciated

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
thats not a bad idea if you can make it work

Cassandra Waterleaf 42 Ice Exploring the crucible

Defender
May 30, 2009
Defender
May 30, 2009
Actually this is probably the best idea I have seen in a while. This would allow us to customize each match. The only thing I see wrong here is what if I created a match with say preset health and treasure breaker, would I have to wait for a match of the same to be able to continue? Do you quick join a match and just randomly get something? What would be the basis on obtaining a match? Some of these may be a little difficult to change strategies when you don't really know what to expect. Especially is someone mostly uses 6 and 7 pips spells and is thrown into a match where the limitations are only 5 pips and under. Other than a few little things that needs to be tweaked this is really a good idea.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
This would be so much fun! But then some people might whine and complain. Oh this is'nt fair. Oh I keep getting pwned blah blah blah, but it would still be SO cool if KI could make this work. And also, I might have some good ideas:

Its kinda like the preset health thing, but for mana, so its called Perset mana. Same rules as the Preset health but not as much mana o: Maybe like say 440 mana (I think my Balance wiz has 460 mana o: ) and 1 mana minimum

K, my next thing: Resist cost: you simply set the % of resist for each school, so say if you wanna fight with resists, so you set say 40% to every school or 40% to your school.

My last thing: Accuracy and Boost: Same thing as my Resist cost thing but with Accuracy and the Boosts to the school's damage.

Comment, rate and subcribe jk jk just reply if you like my ideas

Historian
May 15, 2009
wizard10123488 wrote:
This would be so much fun! But then some people might whine and complain. Oh this is'nt fair. Oh I keep getting pwned blah blah blah, but it would still be SO cool if KI could make this work. And also, I might have some good ideas:

Its kinda like the preset health thing, but for mana, so its called Perset mana. Same rules as the Preset health but not as much mana o: Maybe like say 440 mana (I think my Balance wiz has 460 mana o: ) and 1 mana minimum

K, my next thing: Resist cost: you simply set the % of resist for each school, so say if you wanna fight with resists, so you set say 40% to every school or 40% to your school.

My last thing: Accuracy and Boost: Same thing as my Resist cost thing but with Accuracy and the Boosts to the school's damage.

Comment, rate and subcribe jk jk just reply if you like my ideas

i like the way your thinking but
everyone has infinite mana in the arena
i really do like your resist idea
it lets you test just how good you are with strategies
the accuracy and boost idea though... i don't think it would be such a good idea because it would incite more complaining about wild bolt and judgement in the arena

and to the message above
no it would not be random
there would be a third sign up book
like practice PVPing you would be able to join any battle if you meet the rules they want
but this book would be different then the other 2
it would contain battles for both practice and ranked
when you open it upo it defaults to practice matches
it would have the usual 1v1,2v2.3v3,4v4
but after 4v4 there would be a button that says ranked
and i am pretty sure can guess that it will look the same
the only difference between the practice and ranked is that with practice you will be able to hover your mouse over their school symbol and see their level like in normal practice, and like in ranked you would not be able to see the level if your in ranked menu

now above each match it would tell you the handicap rules that are going to be applied
and yes you can have more than one but the max is 2 ( perhaps 3 but we will consider that if we can come up with a few more ideas)
say preset health and treasure breaker
meaning the health would be preset to... oh i don't know perhaps 3000 and treasures would not be allowed to be used

you of course can create your own matches choose the rules and if you choose preset health you choose the limit ( 4000 is the max)
choosing rank limiter would let you choose the max rank people can cast
( oh yea this is very crucial, to get the details for a match you simply hover your mouse over the handicap name and it shows the exact rules)
say its rank limiter and its max that you can cast is 4
then you move your mouse over th ename and it would tell you that only rank 4 and below cards could be used)

of course there would be the old options too like friends only &
setting what levels can join.

if there any more objections let me know and I'll try my best to tweak it