Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Newbie With Some Questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
Hello everyone,
Well, I kept reading about Wizard 101 over and over again and the reviews were always amazing so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well I'm on day 2 and have figured out why it keeps getting rave reviews. I'm totally addicted and already decided to sub the $9.99 each month. So as a total newbie, here are a couple questions I have.

1.) I noticed alot of players running around in what appears to be clothing "sets" and I'm not sure how they got them. Mind you I'm low level (7) at the moment and didn't know if you got them for doing quests or what?

2.) I know that the one school of magic really helps with healing, but I was curious if there were any powers that helped you re-gain some mana back other than collecting the blue orbs around town.

3.) What are crowns good for? Since I'm subbing each month, I get access to all areas so I'm not sure what good they will do me or what I can use them for.

These are just a few of my questions so far, I want to say thank you so much in advance for any help. :)

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Sharpshade wrote:
Hello everyone,
Well, I kept reading about Wizard 101 over and over again and the reviews were always amazing so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well I'm on day 2 and have figured out why it keeps getting rave reviews. I'm totally addicted and already decided to sub the $9.99 each month. So as a total newbie, here are a couple questions I have.

1.) I noticed alot of players running around in what appears to be clothing "sets" and I'm not sure how they got them. Mind you I'm low level (7) at the moment and didn't know if you got them for doing quests or what?

2.) I know that the one school of magic really helps with healing, but I was curious if there were any powers that helped you re-gain some mana back other than collecting the blue orbs around town.

3.) What are crowns good for? Since I'm subbing each month, I get access to all areas so I'm not sure what good they will do me or what I can use them for.

These are just a few of my questions so far, I want to say thank you so much in advance for any help. :)
i think i can help you ok

1. you can actually get them from the crwon shop it the upper right hand corner

2. no the only way to get mana back is by a potion or wisps

3. like i said it is good for things in the crown shop there you can buy mounts, pets even houses my personal favorite though are the transformation elixirs they let you transform into a creature like gobblers, fire elves, clockwork golems and evil snowmen

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Sharpshade wrote:
Hello everyone,

hi dude crowns ar good getting good gear

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
1: you can buy clothes in sets at any store, usually the bazaar though there are plenty of dropped equipment that matches.

2: the only way to get mana back is either blue wisps or potions.

3: crowns are good for either buying areas of the world as well as spell items from the crown shop and spread through out the spiral. Crown items are usually weaker, but generally apply to all stats instead of your school. Some have more powerfully versions of spells though.

You can also stitch clothes together with them. This will let you apply the stats of one piece of equipment as long it's hat to hat, for example.

Also, once you beat a major boss, a chest with their name on it will appear and you can feed them crowns for a chance at one of their drops.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Sharpshade wrote:
Hello everyone,

1) If you click on the shopping icon in the upper left corner of the screen while in character, you will find several catagories of items you can buy. If you click on the clothing tab, you will be able to find several sets of these.

2) Nothin helps with mana besides collecting the orbs until you can get a potion bottle that recharges mana and health. You should have one already at your level, and you can earn two more. Also, many items of clothing will raise your mana pool...and you get back more per whisp if your mana total is higher.

3) You can purchase henchmen, special clothing, wands, rings and the like that are called crown items. They can give you a slight edge.

Explorer
May 06, 2010
1)you earn them in quests or buy them. Check the olde town bazzar they have great stuff but you need to be a high enough level. 2)no spell can give you mana that would be unfair. 3)You can use crowns to buy most anything in the crowns shop on the top left corner of your screen. Kane hexflame lvl50 fire

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
I'm like you, I'm a huge fan of W101. To answer your questions....
1) most likely, these sets of clothing came from the crowns shop. You can find the crowns shop on the top left corner of your screen and access it by clicking on it. Some of the things in there you can buy with gold (it takes quite a bit of it, you should know) and some items are exclusively for crowns.
2) there is currently no school that has any form of keeping/regaining mana. However, as your character grows in level, their health will too, and their mana as well. My wizard is in the high forties now, and her mana is somewhere around 400, so there is rarely a real need to refill on pips. While you are at/around lvl 7, your health and mana will seem very limited, but no worries, they promote you pretty quick on this game (part of the reason I love it)
3) besides what I mentioned in Q1, some stores throughout the spiral will have crowns items you can buy. All crowns clothing comes with a spell card, but you can also buy pets, furniture, wands, mounts (only in crowns shop), and other things as well.
I hope that answers everything you wanted to know! Good luck with everything 8)

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Don't forget that you can restore mana by playing mini games in the Wizard City Fairgrounds. This will also replenish your potions.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Welcome to the game!

Before you rush out to buy a bunch of crowns though (and I am sure KI will hate me for saying this) wait to play the game a bit to see if you really need them.

The best school gear is actually dropped by bosses and/or purchased in the bazaar for gold, which you earn in the game. The crown stuff is fun but not really necessary to fully play and enjoy the game. I have only spent crowns on a permanent broom and one pet (which I later regretted buying). You will get lots of gold in the game which pretty allows you to buy whatever you need, including school houses (I have 3).

Have fun!

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Sharpshade wrote:
Hello everyone,

I would be glad to help!
1.)These players mostly bought these items from the Crown Shop. On the top left screen you will see a crown, click on it and you will enter the crown shop.

2.)The school you are refering to as concentrating on Healing is the Life Schools. Let me give you a brief concentration on each school.
Balance: Draws power from both Elemental (Fire Ice Storm) and Spiritual (Life Death Myth) Schools
Storm: Focuses on Power and Attacks
Ice: Focuses on Defense
Fire: Focuses on Attacks dealing damage over a period of rounds (usually 3)
Life: Focuses on Healing
Death: Focuses on Stealing Enemy's Health to Heal Self
Myth: Focuses on dueling Solo and Summoning Minions to aid in battle
Sun: Enchantment Spells
Moon: Polymorph Spells
Star: Aura Spells
And so far no schools have spells that help you regain Mana in battle but capturing Blue Wisps will regain your Mana and capturing Red Wisps will regain your Health.

3.) Buying Crowns will allow you to not only gain access to areas that require subscriptions, but also in the Crown Shop as mentoined before in Answer 1.), you can also buy items with Crowns. All items in the crown shop must be bought with Crowns, but some items ONLY in the Crown Shop can aslo be bought with Gold. Also in some areas and shops in other worlds, also require you to pay Crowns instead of Gold.

I hope this helps! Oh! and by the way! you can also buy GOLD! with crowns in the Crown Shop!
Ryan LotusGarden Level 32 Balance Magus Sorcerer :) :)