Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Playing stealth mode.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I'm hoping that at some point we'll have 'Stealth' on our options menu, just for those times when we want to play alone and play in peace.

The constant help requests are really annoying when you're working on your own things in the game.
Sure you can say, " Sorry, I'm busy right now. " a hundred times over, but it would be so much easier on the nerves to have a stealth mode where we don't appear on friends lists as online.
If they don't know you're in the game, they can't send a message to you.

I was hoping to see something like this on the coming updates, but no such luck. :(

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
I like this idea, I hate it when I'm asked for hel pbut in the middle of something. It's fine if I'm only asked once, but I've had people ask me about 50 times until I come! (every time i said no). Sometimes I get there to help and they've nearly finished anyway, despite them asking for MY time to help them! :(

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Well, you _could_ make it a policy to drop 'friends' who spam for help and don't respect your boundaries.

I have a tendency to just drop anybody from my list the minute they address me like they would a dog.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
This would be SO useful. Many friends I make in-game ask for help constantly and at least 50% of the time they don't even need it, so I'd love the option to "stealth" when I'm busy in an instance or pvping etc

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Talance3 wrote:
Well, you _could_ make it a policy to drop 'friends' who spam for help and don't respect your boundaries.

I have a tendency to just drop anybody from my list the minute they address me like they would a dog.

I've had to remove someone like that. :(

It would be so nice just to be able to log in and play on your own without a dozen messages pulling you in all different directions.
It's not about being unfriendly, but about having some time to yourself in the game.
Any way I phrase this I sound antisocial, lol.

We need either a Stealth button or some way to stop friends from sending us messages when we need alone time.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
I 100% agree with this, an option such as "Hide online status" would be very useful :)