Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't play pet Derby

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Hi,

I subscribed to play ranked pet derby but it doesn't seem to work for me. Each time I join a match, and find opponents I click "go to the arena". From then on nothing else happens.. it just says "waiting for opponents to confirm" but they never do?

I got into 2 races ok, but every other time I've tried I've had no luck.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Defender
May 30, 2009
colagada wrote:
Try a realm that's "Crowded".

As I understand it, realms do not apply to getting a match. I believe it is the same as in PvP where players are put in a line up and matched up accordingly.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The problem is that many people sign up for the Pet Derby, and then stop paying attention to the screen - or they wander off and play a training game. Which means that they just don't see the message about the race being about to start.

I would like to see a function implemented that would kick a person from a Pet Derby / PVP match queue the moment they leave an area (or start a pet minigame).

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
I am 'Ancient' waiting to get in a game. Sat for 20 Minutes just now - then gave up. Lots of people racing around in the realm. Needs to be more like the practice one - so we can actually see that there are people waiting to play. Why can we not create our own matches - or invite friends to join us???
Ideally we should be pulled out of anything we are doing - including quests - and sent to the arena when the match is ready - no option to pull out.
Or there could be a list of people on line who want to race that we could text chat to let them know we will join them perhaps? make a time in 5 minutes(?) perhaps. too hard anyway. May try again another day