Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gravity as a death spell

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Ah, gravity, that mysterious invisible force! You feel gravity when you are exausted, you feel it turing your body to lead as you struggle to take another step or place that last thing on the top shelf. You feel gravity when you get hit by that falling apple. You feel gravity when you trip and fall.
I saw a thread about a gravity spell, they wanted it to be a myth school spell.
Allow me to corrupt this idea, to bend it to my own purpose.
A black hole? the abyss?
To be crushed, or to fall endlessly.

Make it a death spell!

The necromancers pay a little more than pips for some of their spells. Death has a few spells that hurt the caster, why not one that hurts everybody? "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice that I am willing to make."(Lord Farquad in Shrek)
So yeah, lets make this gravity spell a death spell; and in the tradition of our shady school: victory, at any the cost!

Open a large spinning black and purple/blue vortex on the field, then blue faces or blue sparkles(alot of death spells have these, especially the wands,) anyway the blue stuff gets drawn out of all the players and monsters and all of it goes down into the darkness.
Now I don't want to make the damage a percentage of each target's max or remaining life total. I don't think that would go well with blades, traps or death shields (I am not a sociopath I would try to pass death shields to my fellow wizards while I was building up pips to cast). I would like the spell to hit according to the number of targets. The more people and monsters you have in the battle, the harder the spell hits each player and monster. You would have to decide weather or not to keep a weaker monster alive so that you could deal more damage.

If you don't want everyone to take the same ammount of damage, the damage could increase as it went around the battle circle....

The spell could hit the first wizard, then hit the second wizard harder, the third even harder, the fourth wizard gets clobbered, then the first monster gets smashed, the second monster gets flattened, the third monster gets atomized, and the last monster gets hit with an amazing ammount of damage. This also makes it a little interesting for pvp, because where you are standing doesn't just govern turn order.

I am not trying to make another doom and gloom: the spell should be tempting to cast outside of pvp and I think other players should be a little nervous around the death wizards, even in pvm.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
zebulous wrote:
Ah, gravity, that mysterious invisible force! You feel gravity when you are exausted, you feel it turing your body to lead as you struggle to take another step or place that last thing on the top shelf. You feel gravity when you get hit by that falling apple. You feel gravity when you trip and fall.
I saw a thread about a gravity spell, they wanted it to be a myth school spell.
Allow me to corrupt this idea, to bend it to my own purpose.
A black hole? the abyss?
To be crushed, or to fall endlessly.

Make it a death spell!

The necromancers pay a little more than pips for some of their spells. Death has a few spells that hurt the caster, why not one that hurts everybody? "Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice that I am willing to make."(Lord Farquad in Shrek)
So yeah, lets make this gravity spell a death spell; and in the tradition of our shady school: victory, at any the cost!

Open a large spinning black and purple/blue vortex on the field, then blue faces or blue sparkles(alot of death spells have these, especially the wands,) anyway the blue stuff gets drawn out of all the players and monsters and all of it goes down into the darkness.
Now I don't want to make the damage a percentage of each target's max or remaining life total. I don't think that would go well with blades, traps or death shields (I am not a sociopath I would try to pass death shields to my fellow wizards while I was building up pips to cast). I would like the spell to hit according to the number of targets. The more people and monsters you have in the battle, the harder the spell hits each player and monster. You would have to decide weather or not to keep a weaker monster alive so that you could deal more damage.

If you don't want everyone to take the same ammount of damage, the damage could increase as it went around the battle circle....

The spell could hit the first wizard, then hit the second wizard harder, the third even harder, the fourth wizard gets clobbered, then the first monster gets smashed, the second monster gets flattened, the third monster gets atomized, and the last monster gets hit with an amazing ammount of damage. This also makes it a little interesting for pvp, because where you are standing doesn't just govern turn order.

I am not trying to make another doom and gloom: the spell should be tempting to cast outside of pvp and I think other players should be a little nervous around the death wizards, even in pvm.

The name would need work (I mean seriously, "Gravity?" That's worse than the Balance Dispell that was on the test realm), but the idea is sound.

Here's what you could do:

1: Add up all combatants' current health (this goes with that choice of keeping a weak monster alive).
2: Divide by, say, 10.
3: Deal that Damage to all combatants.
4: The spell should set off Charms and Wards, working from the calculated Damage.

In higher level PvP or the MooShu, DragonSpyre and Celestia Dungeons, everyone would be on edge with a single Death Wizard around. If he starts putting up Blades on himself, Traps on the enemies, and Shields applicable to Death on himself and maybe his allies... break out the butter and jam, because everyone is toast.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I. Love. IT!!!! But maybe call it "Vortex" or something else. Also, there should be something similar called "whirlpool" For storm students like me. It would really be a game-changer and a game-breaker.