Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's Keep Lower Levels Out of Celestia

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Hey guys! I just want to say this once and for all! We all know that Grandmasters port their lower level friends into Dragonspyre, right? Well, let's please keep this from happening to Celestia. Already in the Test Realm, I hear this:" Can someone please get me into MooShu?". IT'S INSANE! So, lets keep the level 10's, 20's, and 30's out of Celestia when it comes to the Live Realm. Okay? I didn't want to say noobs, because that could be offenseive.

Let's all go to only worlds we have unlocked!

EDIT:

Okay, I seem to have people that have to object, and I actually have to agree. I know people that are lower levels want to see what the upper worlds look like. So, I think it would be good if lower levels could only go to the commons area. That settles the getting into battles problem! And, they gget to explore! And, to say if they tried to find a loophole, and port to their friend in a street, a thing would say "You are not quite experienced enough to eneter this area yet." and you would click OK. And then it would say, "Would you like to visit the commons area of this world?" And, you would click "Yes" or "No." Ah! Say, if someone in Regent's Square, for example, tried to find ANOTHER loophole, and try to get to Knight'd Court. They could go into Scotland Yard and Scotland Yard Roof, but it wouldn't let them enter Knight's Court. It would say the same thing it said previously in the paragraph. Also, when that world is added to your Spiral Map, you would be able to enter Knight's Court! The only problem left is, when the lower levels try to ask for help and add the higher levels. Easy! Just click, "Disable friend requests." Also, just ignore the people asking for help. Not to mention, the mount beggars.

I HOPE THIS DRAWS EVERYONE TO THE SAME SIDE! Also, there should be a teleporting update. When someone tried to teleport to you , a thing should pop up that says, "_____[first name] __________[last name] level __[level] __[school] would like to teleport to you. Would you like this person to teleport to you?" Then you click "Yes" or "No."

"I'm the new generation of Fire. I can tame, train, and fly the Dragons. I AM the master."

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
Hey guys! I just want to say this once and for all! We all know that Grandmasters port their lower level friends into Dragonspyre, right? Well, let's please keep this from happening to Celestia. Already in the Test Realm, I hear this:" Can someone please get me into MooShu?". IT'S INSANE! So, lets keep the level 10's, 20's, and 30's out of Celestia when it comes to the Live Realm. Okay? I didn't want to say noobs, because that could be offenseive.

You seem a bit confused about the teleport to friend option.
If you are in celesta, and your low level friend wants to teleport to where you are, your low level friend will just teleport to your location. You cannot stop your friends from teleporting to you. You can kick people out of your house, but that is your house and not a world.

What you really want is for all the level 50 wizards to delete their lower level friends, and to never accept friend requests from lower level wizards ever again. Oh, and you also want parents in family accounts to delete their kids off of their friends list too. I guess parents can punish their kids when they teleport. What do they do if the kid is a grand, and the parent is level 30?

I am not going to say that you were being exclusionist, elitist, or self centered. I am not saying those things, the same way you didn't call all the low-level teleporters noobs.

Historian
May 15, 2009
the thing about this is yes there NEEDS to be a prevention for lower levels
like for mooshu you have to be 35+ or you completed the storyline that far

like this is the system

wizard city- everyone
krokotopia- 15+ or you progressed the story this far
Marleybone- 25+ or you progressed the story this far
Mooshu- 35+ or you progressed the story this far
Dragonspyre- 45+ or you progressed the story this far
Celestia- 50+ or you defeated Malistaire through the storyline

Grizzleheim-20+

this would make it so much easier as it would make it more enjoyable
why should low levels be able to port in on like a high level boss before
it dies and get in on the loot when on their own they are too weak to do it themselves?

this would make it easier because when your in a place like dragonspyre you would know there would be no begging or anything from low levels for you to add them so they can hitch a ride and leech off your hard work

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Not likely to happen.

You can always turn teleporting off, that would eliminate your friends from coming.

Why a Grand would have a lvl 10 as a friend is beyond me, except as the parent/child deal, but even then I am sure the parent/child can easily say dont port to me.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
If my daughter wants to port to me, Im letting her. Quit crying and enjoy the game.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
rubyb23 wrote:
Not likely to happen.

You can always turn teleporting off, that would eliminate your friends from coming.

Why a Grand would have a lvl 10 as a friend is beyond me, except as the parent/child deal, but even then I am sure the parent/child can easily say dont port to me.

The whole point of playing the game is to experience it together. You obviously don't get it so I will not waste either of our time.

Historian
May 15, 2009
corniilius wrote:
rubyb23 wrote:
Not likely to happen.

The whole point of playing the game is to experience it together. You obviously don't get it so I will not waste either of our time.

its one thing when your enjoying the game together
its another thing all together if lower levels are porting in to leech off your hard work when they are just being lazy

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
rubyb23 wrote:
Not likely to happen.

How about when your grand master friend starts a new wizard? I have one grand master but I also have a level 6 wizard and I'd like to talk to my friends.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
corniilius wrote:
If my daughter wants to port to me, Im letting her. Quit crying and enjoy the game.

NO! I can't enjoy the game! They come into battles and laze around! It's hard for us all Grands! I'm not crying, I'm making the game FAIR for the Grands!

For the level 50's that worked hard to get into their position as Grandmasters and diserve to enjoy it without lower levels bothering them!

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
corniilius wrote:

NO! I can't enjoy the game! They come into battles and laze around! It's hard for us all Grands! I'm not crying, I'm making the game FAIR for the Grands!

For the level 50's that worked hard to get into their position as Grandmasters and diserve to enjoy it without lower levels bothering them!

Know what I do when somebody jumps in? I finish the battle and STILL come out on top like Grandmasters are supposed to. Fact is your level is meaningless without the skills to back it up. Oh by the way, just made level 49. Soon I will be restoring honor to what it means to be a GM. The GM's that whine shame those of us that know how to play the game and battle their way through. GM's are supposed to lead by example. not sure what happened in your case.

Learn to overcome the challenges you face and whatever you come across will not stand a chance.

Michael Raven Heart
Level 49
Master Necromancer

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Everyone is jumping on this person, but they have a valid point. It would be different if the low level wizard ported to his/her friend at went back to the world that they had privilages to or just stayed with the high level friend, but this isn't the case. Many of them just port on you without asking or they port on someone else start exploring the world and jump into others battles without asking or having the skills to defend themselves.

The GM or higher level wizard is now forced to not only kill off a monster that they did not need, but now may be required to shield or heal someone that doesn't belong in that world in the first place.

It is one thing for you to have your daughter to port to you, but if she is being disrepectful to others by joining their fight without asking than you are in a different ball game. I play with my daughter as well and I have taught her to respect others in the game.

I am a very skillful player and am often asked to help others, so I take offense that you must not have skills and you are whinning because you wish to play the game that you paid for. There have been times, when I have been able to defeat a monster with less than 20 health points, but because some lower level decided to port in on me or some other wizard and jumped into my fight without knowing my health, I have lost my fight. This has nothing to do with skill. It is all about stradegy, so maybe you may want to rethink your statement.

I don't think that lower level wizards should be banned from higher worlds. There may be times when you need help or would like to introduce them the advanced world. What needs to fixed is the teleporting system. It is a pain to have to keep turning it on and off each time you need someone to port. A simple solution is to set it up like the friends request. X wants to port. Yes or No. I know that is is a little more complex with writing the programming, but I bet that you wouldn't have as many porting to you.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
It's called befriending wisely. I only friend nice, friendly, understanding, smart people. They have to hold their own in a fight, as well as be kind and ASK to teleport.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Corniilius, I said I can understand the Parent/Child deal. I also said it would be easy for one another to say "dont port to me" if they are right next to each other if they dont want each other wherever they are. Not sure what part of that you didnt understand.

Random1self, excellent point.

This topic will be brought up again and again. People need to realize that NOTHING will be done to stop people from porting to friends. The faster people realize that the better.

I am sure many a grand have been helped by these low levels some want to be kept out of some areas.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
This is a touchy issue. Professor Falmea had a Feedback Friday question about it.

I gather from that KI is looking at the issue and trying to find a way to deal with it. I don't see porting going away. Instead I see some restrictions on what lower level wizards can do in upper level worlds.

Nobody I know has a problem with a low level wizard porting in and helping a friend. I firmly believe most people do this. I have helped friends ahead of me and had responsible lower level friends port in to help me. (The problems come when a few bad apples run around leaving chaos in their wake.)

People also need to be aware the problems are caused by the PLAYER not the cartoon wizard. Give me that problem wizard and it will be a nice considerate wizard. Give my wizard to a problem player and it is a rude inconsiderate wizard.

OK, I am now stepping down off my soap box.

Megan

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
i dont see why your complaning i mean we have been wait FOREVER for cl to come out and so have lower lvls they really want to see what it looks like and what the monsters are like gesse

lvl 36 ice

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:

That idea is stupid . Im level 13 and you make lower levels seem bad. I go Regents Square and do my own quset.