Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-08-10 AND 10-15-10

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Apologies everyone - we thought this posted yesterday but apparently gobblers ate it! Welcome to (what was going to be) Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Well, you should know by now that Celestia has launched! Woohoo! We are extremely excited to share this new world with you! So, jump onto Test Realm and check it out. We'd love to know:

a) What is your FAVORITE thing about Celestia?
b) What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing about Celestia?

If you're not quite up there in levels yet, or you haven't had a chance to get in and play, check out the <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes">update notes</a> and let us know what you're most looking forward to seeing!

Good luck, happy wizarding, and we'll see you in the spiral.

***Edit - going to keep this discussion going for one more week. Please continue to post feedback! We are definitely keeping an eye on this thread!!!***

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Apologies everyone - we thought this posted yesterday but apparently gobblers ate it! Welcome to (what was going to be) Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Well, you should know by now that Celestia has launched! Woohoo! We are extremely excited to share this new world with you! So, jump onto Test Realm and check it out. We'd love to know:

If you're not quite up there in levels yet, or you haven't had a chance to get in and play, check out the <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes">update notes</a> and let us know what you're most looking forward to seeing!

I think Celestia will Be GREAT!!!

Defender
May 28, 2009
Well I'm just really upset that there's no castles! Ever since even the RUMOR of celestia came out I made up castle ideas just waiting to see if they were used. I rode my manta ray mount (loved it!) there and found then were no castles! I was so upset I landed up not doing any quests. I might do some though when they go on live realm though. Also was I the only one a little disappointed with the new schools? (P.S. if these ever turn into main schools they have to be a lot more then just buffs!) Thanks for reading!

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I like the fact the combat is slightly harder. However I don't like how hard it is to get stuff for quests with only 1 at a time.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
My favorite thing is the new spells . My least favorite is the enemies and bosses start of with 6 Pips .

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
:( The mana recharge balls seem to be missing from the common areas.
:) Another change from the world before. Although tougher, it doesn't seem as heavy a feel as DS.

We see all the new crafting items and spells...is there a crafting quest-line missing to gain another level of crafting???

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
i love celestia!!!!!!!!! i love being underwater. water is awesome!!! but i think the bosses, aww what the heck, even the other creatures could be easier. theyre too tough to do alone! i cant get the balance ones without help. and the WORST thing ever is you hardly get items you need from them! PLS FIX THIS KI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. WHERE IS THE HALLOWEEN STUFF? LIKE SPOOKY BOB? is that in the live realm? if it isnt when does it come up? will it show in the test realm? pls let it!

Explorer
Sep 01, 2009
I love celestia BUT...

someone completed it in 2 days i think it should be more longerr because we were waiting so long for it and its tiny. plus are there other worlds after celestia because we did not fight morganthe wwe saw here but did not fight her.

Please could you tell us the new evel 58 spell i am dieing to know i already now levithian.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
a) So far, absolutely nothing.

b) So many things that I have immediately cancelled both my accounts from auto-renewing.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Personally, I dislike the new jumping (like when you hit "space" on your keyboard), but I love the new mounts. And no you are not the only one that dislikes the new schools, however i love the idea of polymorphs.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1) I love how the enemies seem to stay within their school of magic. So far not one weakness was used on me. I also like the critical hit and block. This give a better chance of 'one hitting' and opponent.

2) I don't like how critical block and critical attack bonuses are not added to the grandmaster items we got in the past. This makes those items inferior and finding anything on par with them as in mana, health, accuracy, and power pip boost very difficult.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
May 15, 2009
My favorite thing would have to be how smart the npc enemies are they setup traps and blade each other it makes it much more challenging. I also like the new wands starting off with three power pips is AWESOME.

My least favorite thing would have to be the new school trainers. They are cubes which is really odd.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
FAVORITE THING: New schools

LEAST FAVORITE THING: The fact that I'm gonna have to buy back my Training Points in the live realm to get spells from the new schools

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I love Celestia so far, but it is a little too hard, I know some people flew by Celestia, but that was because they were excited and had crowns to buy henchmen and potions. It is way too hard to solo. And the prices, over 12000 for a starfish pet? And I don't like that the street monsters (or bosses) can use level 48 spells and stuns or start out wih six pips. It also is too hard to level up. I have played on test for the past two or three days and i'm only a level 52. Celestia would be perfect if it was a little easier. Now for the things i like about it, I love the new pets and mounts( they cost a little too much though)
And i love the new spells and schools. I also like how celestia looks. Please make Celestia easier.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
My favorite thing is that you have to grroup up.

My least favorite thing is if you spent all of your other training points oyu will only get 3 in CL and that you dont get a potion bottle.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Celestia is beautiful.

It is very difficult. I wasn't expecting to solo on my Life. But, I was expecting to hold my own. My Life died 4-5 times. My son died an equal amount of times. I am really disappointed. Not being able to live through two street battles was disheartening. :( I have loved all the challenges in the game. My Life went through DS before all the changes. It was a blast. This was very different. I guess I just don;t understand the system.

Megan

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Sorry for posting twice.

An update from my original post.

I changed my deck and now am able to survive street battles. The new world requires a new battle strategy. Silly me not thinking of that sooner. That is a definite like. I am really enjoying figuring out new ways of doing things. Have not faced a boss yet.

*edit here*

I really like the enemies are casting spells in their school. I fought Storm guys and they used Triton and Storm Lord me. That made me laugh. Fire guys used Helephant etc.

I also am enjoying the sense of community I get. People are helping each other and really enjoying it.

My dislike is there are no mana wisps anywhere I have been in Celestia. I vacation in DS to get mana. I hope they get added in.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

I feel that I do not like the whole concept of The floating Land. I mean, a world that's entirely about legions and being sunken has surviving people above water? That, plus the fact that it takes forever to get to the Lunarium, but I know that's kinda more like a glitch

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Going off the update notes, here are my thoughts:

I really like being able to share reagents and pet snacks in my shared bank.

I'm not really interested in any of the new schools. Sun sounds like treasure cards on demand, but, i've never needed them or used them. With moon, I level up and buy gear to make my wizards what I want them to be to be strong enough to stand on their on so I do not see where being able to completely change my deck will be helpfull. If I use any of the new schools, it will be star because it will be nice to have a boost in accuracy that lasts more than one round.

I'd rather have more interaction with my secondary teacher/s but that's for a different thread.

This is kind of disappointing too: "Players can no longer preview the contents of eggs in the Dye Shop."

My favorite thing is that you have to grroup up.

I hope not. I vert highly value my ability stand strong by myself.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
a) A lot of new game play elements to enjoy - I'm enjoying enchantments and auras, and polymorph is fun (but requires a little bit of learning to get best effect out of it).

b) For someone playing the game straight through the last world, Dragonspyre, was a let-down. Yes, you saved the spiral, but you also spent several weeks (or months) in a world of ruins, and fire. And, ultimately, your actions as a player did nothing to change that. It's a bit depressing, actually.

Then comes Celestia: also in ruins, also in the midst of calamity. Whereas I re-visit Wizard City, Marleybone, Grizzleheim, or Moo Shu just to take in the majesty of it all. I can see Celestia has some beautiful artwork, but it seems there's rarely good vantage points from which to enjoy it. Some humor, or light heartedness in the initial quests would have been a welcome relief also.

I must limit my complaint - there may be more I haven't yet seen in the test realm. However, these are initial reactions. My other initial reaction was being overwhelmed: this is a whole new storyline and it seemed to hit with the speed of a bullet train.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I havent played it yet and i still feel the awesomeness of a new spell and lvl 60

jasonfariyblossom lvl 50 ( soon to be 60 ) pyro

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
My favorite thing about it is .... the environment. My least favorite thing is the difficulty of the bosses

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
this world is GREAT! i'm currently on the lunarium and i gotta say this place is truley EPIC cant for skeletal dragon (necromancer) i wish the lunarium was kinda darkish cause its called the lunarium why not coat it with some moonlight and add a moon to the waters its just my opinion anyways i love celest cause the super combo of land domes and waters are truly epic btw nice airship crash design on the floating land i loved going inside the ' explorer' keep up the epic work KI! i dont think i have a bad part of celestia its all epic!

hunter legendwraith level54? necromancer :D

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
nightofnostars wrote:
i love celestia!!!!!!!!! i love being underwater. water is awesome!!! but i think the bosses, aww what the heck, even the other creatures could be easier. theyre too tough to do alone! i cant get the balance ones without help. and the WORST thing ever is you hardly get items you need from them! PLS FIX THIS KI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. WHERE IS THE HALLOWEEN STUFF? LIKE SPOOKY BOB? is that in the live realm? if it isnt when does it come up? will it show in the test realm? pls let it!

Spooky Bob is in the Shopping District in Wizard City by the house shop.
All the Halloween stuff is in Wizard City, actually, and it's quite fun!

Community Leader
Graphics ,world atmosphere are simply wonderful.

Must collect item quests, never fails takes me forever to get the items I need.