Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to get a snowman?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2008
Ive fought all those boses a dozen times that people have listed can someone please tell me which boss to fight to get the anowman and the ghoul

okay so I finally won a pet!!! The blackwidow !! and when in the lab in scotland yard me and my friend was playing the secret boss she won a fairy with a card and i got a special staff i like my staff haven't seen anyone with it yet but I was so mad I didn't win a fairy

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
A dozen times is nothing. I fought Lord Nightshade something like fifty or sixty times before he finally rewarded me with a Dark Fairy pet.

The pets are normally the rarest loot in the game. You have to have perseverance to win one, or incredible luck. (Don't discount luck. I was fighting General Akilles yesterday and I won two Boo Didleys. One would normally be remarkable.)

The pets are intended to be something that you work for.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
I can't remember where to get the goul, but you can get a snowman from Pops O'Leary[The last boss in Ironworks] or from Jacques the Scratcher[The tower where Lady Miltop is standing in front of] These are both in MarleyBone and there's probably more places you can get a snowman.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I got a sprite but I cannot afford to tell anyone :D im probly like one of 50 people who have it!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
Sorry Orca...there is already a thread elsewhere on the forums that tells where to get the special pets.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
Orca wrote:
I got a sprite but I cannot afford to tell anyone :D im probly like one of 50 people who have it!

Ya ive seen them everywhere. I hav battled this dude in Kroktopia 57 times and I cant get the staff everyone says beating him gets you argg

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
The drops are totally random, might take one or one hundred! But, if determined you will get them! I try to remember when I don't get a drop i'm farming for that I am still getting xp AND I can sell the stuff I don't want or need for more gold.
Also, in instance areas the bosses don't respawn and you have to start over at the beginning if you don't get it.
Tip: When farming for a drop in instance area, if you don't get it, Open book and click on quit, then click play, that way you are back at the entrance and don't have to run back.

Here are the locations of the ghouls and snowmen:

GHOULS

Beetlejuice Drinker (ghoul/NO card)
- Defeat Prince Suten Sokkwi in Emperor's Retreat (Instance)
Krokosphinx, Krokotopia

Kanyo Diggit (ghoul /HAS card) -
- Defeat Death Oni in Tree of Life (Instance)
Yoshohito Temple, Mooshu

SNOWMEN

Melty Jack (No card)
- Defeat Pops O'Leary in Ironworks (Instance)
Digamore Station, Marlybone

Malign Frost (*Has card)
- Defeat Jacques the Scratcher in Knight's Court
Scotland Yard, Marlybone
* the card that comes with Malign Frost has a bug. It will show it has "0" cards, and does not add a card to your deck

Good Luck ! :D
~ Alura ~

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
i heard that you are able to find that snowman thing from either jacques [first boss in knights i think] or Pop's O'Leary [The ironworks] :)

Hope this might help

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
You can also buy a snowman from Felix Navidad in Wizard City Shopping District, only if Christmas is still around. I can't be bothered fighting bosses lots of times just to get a pet. I prefer buying them. That is what makes them special to me. If I get one from a boss, yay, lucky me. I'm not the type that looks for pets, more enjoying the game and the tasks. :-)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
Sorry to break it to you Orca... I have 2 of my wizards with the Sprite. It's not really a secret where to get it. It is however one of the hardest ones to get dropped.

Heather Ravenblood
Level 46 - Death/Life

Survivor
Nov 17, 2008
Hi i'm level 31 i have a low life wizard to and whith her i got the sprite from elf boss in firecatalley.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Slickriptide wrote:
A dozen times is nothing. I fought Lord Nightshade something like fifty or sixty times before he finally rewarded me with a Dark Fairy pet.

The pets are normally the rarest loot in the game. You have to have perseverance to win one, or incredible luck. (Don't discount luck. I was fighting General Akilles yesterday and I won two Boo Didleys. One would normally be remarkable.)

OK thats just creepy... I thought the dark sprite was commen because the very first time i defeated Lord Nightshade I got the sprite pet...... :D :P

Lv 29 Necrmancer

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I got a dark sprite from Bastilla on the second try. My friend got it on the first.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I got a dark fairy without card from Bastilla, the tower next to Wormguts tower in Firecat Alley on my life wizard. It was the first time when I was doing the quest. I only had to do it once.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
LadyMercury wrote:
The drops are totally random, might take one or one hundred! But, if determined you will get them! I try to remember when I don't get a drop i'm farming for that I am still getting xp AND I can sell the stuff I don't want or need for more gold.
Also, in instance areas the bosses don't respawn and you have to start over at the beginning if you don't get it.
Tip: When farming for a drop in instance area, if you don't get it, Open book and click on quit, then click play, that way you are back at the entrance and don't have to run back.

Here are the locations of the ghouls and snowmen:

GHOULS

Beetlejuice Drinker (ghoul/NO card)
- Defeat Prince Suten Sokkwi in Emperor's Retreat (Instance)
Krokosphinx, Krokotopia

Kanyo Diggit (ghoul /HAS card) -
- Defeat Death Oni in Tree of Life (Instance)
Yoshohito Temple, Mooshu

SNOWMEN

Melty Jack (No card)
- Defeat Pops O'Leary in Ironworks (Instance)
Digamore Station, Marlybone

Malign Frost (*Has card)
- Defeat Jacques the Scratcher in Knight's Court
Scotland Yard, Marlybone
* the card that comes with Malign Frost has a bug. It will show it has "0" cards, and does not add a card to your deck

Good Luck ! :D
~ Alura ~
i been trying for the statue from manu nirini and from suten sokkwi.but i have got the pets

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I got the dark sprite from Nightshade on my second or third try and I wasn't even farming! (I was helping my dad) :P

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Xinaed wrote:
I got a dark sprite from Bastilla on the second try. My friend got it on the first.

ya me to it only took me one time to beat it i heard that if you beat the boss with higher rank cards it give you better stuff well hope i helped anyone :D

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
carmillo56 wrote:
Xinaed wrote:

ya me to it only took me one time to beat it i heard that if you beat the boss with higher rank cards it give you better stuff well hope i helped anyone :D
i got a life sprite from that prince guy in FIRECAT ALLEY

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Slickriptide wrote:

LOL i fought lord nightshade once when i was helpng my friend and got the pet!

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
You can get fairys allot of Places in WC I suggest you try Night Shade if You can get there.

Hope this helps!

~ Annabell7 ! ~

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I would just like to add that now the Bazaar is out you can be lucky and find pets there. I bought lots of pets at the bazaar. It also depends if you have enough gold. It is good also that you transfer pets from one character to another to match your school.

Regards,

Maryanne for this awesome update.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
ashbaer wrote:
Sorry to break it to you Orca... I have 2 of my wizards with the Sprite. It's not really a secret where to get it. It is however one of the hardest ones to get dropped.

Heather Ravenblood
Level 46 - Death/Life

Nope, its not the hardest. I've gotten them from Alicane Swiftarrow in Firecat Alley

But the hardest pet in the WHOLE game to get is the Sheep, there are 5 around.