Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Cap Increase & New School Spells

AuthorMessage
Wizard101 has added 10 more levels! Level 50 players will see the return of their experience bar. Level 50 players can once again earn new experience from quests and duels.

With this level cap increase, come new Rank 8 Spells! These spells are available at level 58, but only through a quest from your Professor, so watch for those ToolTip messages! The rest of the new spells you'll have to discover on your adventures!

You will not receive experience from prior quests and duels that you completed when you were level 50.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Wizard101 has added 10 more levels! Level 50 players will see the return of their experience bar. Level 50 players can once again earn new experience from quests and duels.

With this level cap increase, come new Rank 8 Spells! These spells are available at level 58, but only through a quest from your Professor, so watch for those ToolTip messages! The rest of the new spells you'll have to discover on your adventures!

You will not receive experience from prior quests and duels that you completed when you were level 50.

Can we get experience from quests before we became grandmasters it is unfair how I tried to get to ravens so i can get a good pet. And at level 58 can there be a hybrid pet of your choice when you beat the quest and get the spell?

fourmyant wrote:
Can we get experience from quests before we became grandmasters it is unfair how I tried to get to ravens so i can get a good pet. And at level 58 can there be a hybrid pet of your choice when you beat the quest and get the spell?

You already got experience from quests you completed BEFORE you turned level 50....

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
fourmyant wrote:

You already got experience from quests you completed BEFORE you turned level 50....

This is not fair. This means I finished GH for nothing.

Defender
May 30, 2009
fourmyant wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
fourmyant wrote:

GH really doesn't give you a whole lot of exp in the first place. Secondly, they have already said there will be enough exp gained in Celestia to reach lvl 60. I wouldn't be too upset about it if I were you.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Prospector Zeke wrote:

will their be any more new spells? like rank 9 spells if they ever update it?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Can you give us a hint on what the new spells will be!!!!!!!!! PLZ i no the hawk guy is balance but i want to no the others?

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
My question is simple with all the new spells and only ten new levels How will we get more than say 4 training points at best? I am including the Zeke quests.

you may want to thinking about adding more levels or more training points per level.

And I hope the newest spell is a time release for storm and an attack spell for life.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
You knew the xp was capped, it was indicated by stating MAX as well as you would have noticed that you were not accumulating anymore. This is definitely fair, you should have saved those quests for after Celestia came to live! Don't blame KI for your failure to notice.

fourmyant wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Here are rhe new spells
myth-medusa
death-skeletal dragon
life-forest lord
balance-ra
fire-ekret
ice-snow angel
storm-leviathan

Hope i helped!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009

"This is not fair. This means I finished GH for nothing."

You should have waited to turn in your quests until the new level cap came out. Thats what i did, i have like 5 quests i'm waiting to turn in until i am able to recieve the experience

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I am sure KI understood that most of the lvl 50 players had completed all the quests. For myself, i skipped GH and a few of the DS quests that were not necessary for the main story. Don't Fret, there is plenty of things to do in celestia and you will probably be at the new level max soon enough! You can always go to golem court and buy back your training points.

Paul Nightward, Master of Death
(for longer than i wanted to be)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Can you give us a hint on what the new spells will be!!!!!!!!! PLZ i no the hawk guy is balance but i want to no the others?

Hawk guy= Ra lol read the red pyramid by rick riorarden then you will have your egyptian gods straight xD. (Not that I believe them )

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
asutton75 wrote:
fourmyant wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
fourmyant wrote:

GH really doesn't give you a whole lot of exp in the first place. Secondly, they have already said there will be enough exp gained in Celestia to reach lvl 60. I wouldn't be too upset about it if I were you.

Besides, how where they supposed to keep track of that experience. The system monitors experience by immediately adding it to your experience meter. When you reach the end of the meter, you go up a level and the process starts over with a higher value meter. Once you hit the level cap, there was no way for the system to monitor the experience gained. Can you even imagine how complex it would have been to record and remember all of the hypothetical experience generated by all the wizards in the spiral? It boggles the mind. Then, there's the fact that they wizards who completed the quests before they instituted such a change (if possible) would be left out in the cold while the newer wizards got the additional experience. Now that would be unfair.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
fourmyant wrote:

hello this is wolfdreamwalker i been in joying the new world but now i trying to learn my new spell and i been going at it for 3 and 1/2 hours becuaes they are to much life and the meaning rely making us mad from been there the boss is hard enoth about it plz take out the menion gout this is from all the fires.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
1233465 wrote:
Here are rhe new spells
myth-medusa
death-skeletal dragon
life-forest lord
balance-ra
fire-ekret
ice-snow angel
storm-leviathan

Hope i helped!

no i saw a genie in vid sso WHAT IS THAT

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
williy9 wrote:
1233465 wrote:
Here are rhe new spells
myth-medusa
death-skeletal dragon
life-forest lord
balance-ra
fire-ekret
ice-snow angel
storm-leviathan

Hope i helped!

Ekret is a genie I think

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
personaly for me the lvl caps increase was needed :D because now my GM friends stop asking me to do duels with them because i want to get the rest of my class spells (i am a lvl 47 balance wizard) and i wish there was a lvl 52 spell added to the class's

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
the level fifthty eight storm quest is too hard you can't port, the minion has about too thousand health( i'm serios people in ds have less health then that) and it's a cheating boss. this quest is evil. plz do something about this ki

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Celestia and The new spells= AWESOME :D but gotta agree with others I want rank 9 and 10 spells hehehe

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
williy9 wrote:
1233465 wrote:
Here are rhe new spells
myth-medusa
death-skeletal dragon
life-forest lord
balance-ra
fire-ekret
ice-snow angel
storm-leviathan

Hope i helped!

the genie IS EFREET

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
CELESTIA IS SO COOL!!! I saw all of the lvl.58 spells!I just have one question,though:Will there be a world after Celestia,or will Celestia be the final world? Please respond!!!

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
There will probably be another world after Celestia because you dont finish off Morganthe in CL, so my guess is that another world will be set for W101. It will be like a second Malistare rival, but with Morganthe.

Hope i helped!

Jack Darkblood
Legendary Balance, Death, Life, and Fire

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Sometimes when I got to Celestia and while i'm in battle, you can't see the monster therfore i can't attack it. What do you think what happened? I'm just trying to do my quest and defeat the fish.