Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friendly Dragon?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
You sure you don't mean the pioneer dragon or the dragon you buy from the pet shop?

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
You can buy regular pet dragons in the shopping district of Wizard City. Dragons that you see with stars on them, however, were "thank you" gifts for the game's beta testers.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
The Friendly Dragon is the new dragon KingIsle have given to the new subscribers that get new accounts, and purchase one. It's just like the Pioneer Dragon, just has stripes instead of stars.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Does this friendly dragon have stripes? If so, then i know what you're talking about:

You click on the "Earn Crowns" button [in-game] and invite a friend to play Wizard101. If the "Invited Friend" comes to play and game and makes an account then the "Invited Friend" will recieve and friendly dragon.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Administrator
How do I get a Friendly Dragon?
Friendly Dragons are a welcome gift to those who signed up from being invited to Wizard101 by someone who used the in game or website "Earn Crowns / Invite a Friend" option.

Where is my Friendly Dragon?
Press B to bring up your backpack, there will be an item in there that is in a red box with yellow text. Double click on it and it will equip the item. Hit escape to exit your backpack and the dragon should appear beside you.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Friendly Dragons are a welcome gift to those who signed up from being invited to Wizard101 by someone who used the in game or website "Earn Crowns / Invite a Friend" option.

Press B to bring up your backpack, there will be an item in there that is in a red box with yellow text. Double click on it and it will equip the item. Hit escape to exit your backpack and the dragon should appear beside you.

But i invite a friends and i didnt get as friendly dragon and i invite three friends and they are playing and i want one

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
Ok i invite a lot of friends and i didnt get a friendly dragon thats not fair i want one because it help me and my tree friends join and they are playing but they dont paying yet but i hope we get something special i will not be sad :D :D :D :D :D :D

Administrator
The person you invited gets the dragon, to help them get started. If they purchase a subscription or $10 worth of Crowns, you will get the crowns reward.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Since you can do this with friendly dragon anyway we could do this for pioneer dragons. We could still use crowns to buy it if necessary. I am sad that the character I made second I like the best and does not have a dragon.

Or at the very least give us a pioneer dragon with no card attached. I just wish we could trade it between our characters :)

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
littlebelle wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Since you can do this with friendly dragon anyway we could do this for pioneer dragons. We could still use crowns to buy it if necessary. I am sad that the character I made second I like the best and does not have a dragon.

Or at the very least give us a pioneer dragon with no card attached. I just wish we could trade it between our characters :)

Yes, I find it unfair. we only had two days was it? And now the Friendly Dragon comes out? What makes the Pioneer Dragon special anymore. I'm very upset about this, and the whole Crown idea.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The person you invited gets the dragon, to help them get started. You get the crowns.

Ok ok wait a minute i didnt get crowns and they are playing how that fair he is playing and i didnt get any crowns? I hope i get some i really need them :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I think both the player who invited thier friend should get the freindly dargon and the invited friend, so both players get the dragon and its fair! :D

After seeing the friendly dragons, I sort of hate my old dragon now :?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2008
For those of us who have been around since beta and have a penchant for collecting pets, I must agree that it is rather unfair that there is no way for us to receive the Friendly Dragon. Both parties of a Friend referral should receive the gift - after all, if we weren't friends with the people we referred, it wouldn't be that friendly, would it? ;)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I very much agree with this. I have been playing for a while and invited some accounts. I am the one that wants the Friendly dragon being a dragon fanatic. Every other game I play the person that "gained" the company money gets the special item. Not the person that will sign up.
My other problem with this is I found out about it three days after I paid for a year on wizard 101. I am spending a good amount of money, while someone who may not play past a month gets the pet. A good thing would be something special for subscribers that pay for a year or after paying 6 months 2 time get something special. Just putting my 2 cents in because I almost left the game and demanded my money back I was so mad. I am over it but this should be corrected.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
i have the friendly dragon . I love ti o much i think he is so cute
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-o 8) :?

Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
PeteWhite wrote:
You can buy regular pet dragons in the shopping district of Wizard City. Dragons that you see with stars on them, however, were "thank you" gifts for the game's beta testers.

I wish I could get a dragon with stars on it! Is there any other way?

Administrator
No, the Pioneer dragon was solely for our Beta testers, the players who helped us with the game prior to launching it to the world.

community@wizard101.com