Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tower shield is not a shield meant vs balance

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I find it funny that balance school likes to point out that it has a shield against it and that shield is balance shield. If balance shield was a shield created to be a reduction to balance school it would not be an ice school card, but rather would be found in the mini game area where all the other single school shields are found. Rather, tower shield is an ice school shield that takes off half damage and works against everything including balance attacks. Unless for some strange reason someone wishes to argue that the opposite school of balance school is ice school, and I must say that is pretty rediculous.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I find it funny that balance school likes to point out that it has a shield against it and that shield is balance shield. If balance shield was a shield created to be a reduction to balance school it would not be an ice school card, but rather would be found in the mini game area where all the other single school shields are found. Rather, tower shield is an ice school shield that takes off half damage and works against everything including balance attacks. Unless for some strange reason someone wishes to argue that the opposite school of balance school is ice school, and I must say that is pretty rediculous.

i, however, do not think that taking people's words out of context is humorous. yes, we sorcerers do point out that towershields can be used to mitigate our damage, but never do we say that it is specifically geared toward blance attacks.

by the way, this post has nothing to do with your usual complaints, really... good to branch out, i guess. :-D

ps: you misspelled "ridiculous."

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
seasnake wrote:

I agree. Where is the -70% or -80% balance shield? Anyone?

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge – lvl 50 Ice
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Moribund wrote:
seasnake wrote:

where is the balance-specific blade? how about the similar trap? or a prism we actually get on our own?

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
Moribund wrote:
seasnake wrote:

where is the balance-specific blade? how about the similar trap? or a prism we actually get on our own?

Couldnt have said it better myself ;D

Delver
Aug 12, 2009

Sure, add these in too :-D

Glad to see we are all agree! ;)

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
why should balance get a prism when they have no opposite?
oh btw the scool of moon can be a great counter to balance

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
CFuquay wrote:
why should balance get a prism when they have no opposite?
oh btw the scool of moon can be a great counter to balance

I meant a generic prism, one that turns the next attack to another random school.

At any rate, the point that seasnake makes about TowerShield, and the anti-Judgement blacoking strategy, being generic... well, then use it for everything if that's what it's applicable to. Honestly. If it works, use it.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
ok ice is the school for defense right, so doesn't it make sense that it would have a shield against all schools?

Historian
May 15, 2009
ice is the school of defence so if you want to go technical yes ice is not its natural opposit but it is its enemy because ice has resistance to all other schools as well as very high powered defense spells

and people why do you call level 58 storm card sea snake?
seriously
its LEVIATHAN
you know the legendary monster of the sea
the one that could sinks ships and raise gigantic waves with a swing of its tail
the one that dragged ships to the bottom?

its leviathan
not sea snake

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Moribund wrote:

If we added such things in then there'd be no point to adding blades and traps. Secondly balance has the most blades already, 4. And 3 traps.

The reason people complain about balance is because the only schools that can really defend against it are death and myth. Death's sacrifice ruins the traps. And myth can remove traps on self and take off balance's blades. If you are not one of those two schools and you are facing a good balance the odds are against you. So really balance's only problem is card flow and sacrifice/earthquake/cleanse ward.

That is why people complain so much. Because they feel it is an unfair advantage to balance that only so few schools can actually compete with them. And for those saying just make a balance then, I would like a balance but not to pvp with much, and I already have 1 account full lol.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Moribund wrote:

If we added such things in then there'd be no point to adding blades and traps. Secondly balance has the most blades already, 4. And 3 traps.

The reason people complain about balance is because the only schools that can really defend against it are death and myth. Death's sacrifice ruins the traps. And myth can remove traps on self and take off balance's blades. If you are not one of those two schools and you are facing a good balance the odds are against you. So really balance's only problem is card flow and sacrifice/earthquake/cleanse ward.

That is why people complain so much. Because they feel it is an unfair advantage to balance that only so few schools can actually compete with them. And for those saying just make a balance then, I would like a balance but not to pvp with much, and I already have 1 account full lol.

Oh, so I guess Fire's DoT spells and Immolate don't affect Spells cast by a Sorcerer. I suppose, then, that Ice's TowerShield and IceArmor don't operate against a Balance Wizard. Storm's Charm removal obviously doesn't work, and Life can't Heal when fighting a Sorcerer. Mm hmm, ALL the Schools can beat a Balance Wizard, and quite effectively too...

Also, FOUR of the seven Boosts available to Balance do not apply to Balance-type Damage. Therefore, Fire, Storm, and Death all get access to more spells that Boost their Damage for no Training Points. Myth, technically, ties, as the BuffMinion Spell can be counted in (combine THAT with a MythBlade and MythTrap and you've got one murderous Minotaur).

See my post "balance blending in" in the Dorms section, to get an idea of what I suggest.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
tower shield does everything so it does block balance. stop complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
May 09, 2009
i would like to point out that balance does have an opposite or rather opposites.

althought their is no specific balance sheild thier is no specific balance blade or trap or prism as pointed out earlyer.

if you fight any real balance monsters and you REALLY pay attention to whats going on. you will see that LIFE, MYTH, AND DEATH all get a boost against balance. this is because (if you have a balance guy like me you already know this) balance is made out of all 3 elemental schools fire, ice, and storm.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
well FoxFyr if you used immolate then youd do judgements work for him. And I am speaking mostly about defending oneself against hexes feints balance blades and blade storms