Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which School is the Best?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
When You Start your Journey into the World of Wizard101 You Will think to yourself. Which School Should I choose, Ice For Defence, Life for Healing, Death for stealing life, Myth for Summoning Minions to Aid you in battle, Fire for a In Between State, Storm for Damage, or Balance, For, well, A Balance Between all the schools.
The Good And Bads of Each School

Ice

Good: Extreme Defence like Tower Sheilds and Ice Absorb, Can help you in PVE and PVP.

Bad: Low Damage. Only a Little less but still, it can decide the winner for you.

Life

Good: Healing! You always want a good Heal every now and then. Also Accuracy Is high!

Bad: No Multi-hit Spells! Actually You only get a couple damage spells overall. Also The Level 48 Pet does a Healing Move which is sort of pointless due to all the other ones!

Death

Good: You Can Steal there health! Why not! Also high Percentage Traps for All classes

Bad: No Multi Hit Spells Besides Scarecrow and Feint puts a trap on You too! But other that that Death is pretty awesome

Myth

Good: Summon Minions to Aid you in battle!

Bad: Minions will use your traps and hit at unnecessary times

Fire

Good: Normal Accuracy, Strength and sheilds!

Nothing Really Bad!

Storm:
Good: Extreme Damage, Cool level 48 Pet ( hehe) and a great Class to Solo With!

Bad: Low Accuracy which can chip down health if You fizzle, Spells Like Wild Bolt wont help you!

Balance

Good: Judgement is Epic! Nice Multi Hits and Accuracy, Great Buffs and Traps and Secondary Class is good no matter what!

Bad Your Blades and Traps can be used by anything!

Secondary Class
Hard Choice. This is what You can do. Think of the greatest power of your class. Ice for instance, Has Great defence! So Pair it up with something with a bad defence! You Can put it all together for the win and Strike After you've toke a few blows and built your pips

Ugh! I cant Chose a Secondary, What Should I do?

Easy! If you feel the need to, You can choose NOT to have a secondary Class. But seriously they help. Death doesnt have a Multi-hit Until level 48, so choose something like Myth, Fire, or Ice for Multi Hits!

My Secondary Isnt Woking and It is Killing Me

Then Dont use it in your deck or even go to Golem Court and use crowns to return all training points to choose a new school.

So What Are you gonna choose? Reply Here It is Your Choice to Choose

Yours Truly, Edward Night

Survivor
Jun 07, 2008
For me all the schools are awesome
But my favorite school is Life, I mean come on you need to be heal right? :P

Thanks Wizard101 for everything :)

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
So what would you suggest as an easy to learn and solo combo for a new wizard to the game?

Survivor
Jun 07, 2008
Mielikki wrote:
So what would you suggest as an easy to learn and solo combo for a new wizard to the game?

Storm and Life are a nice combo, or Storm and death.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
mychiller wrote:
When You Start your Journey into the World of Wizard101 You Will think to yourself. Which School Should I choose, Ice For Defence, Life for Healing, Death for stealing life, Myth for Summoning Minions to Aid you in battle, Fire for a In Between State, Storm for Damage, or Balance, For, well, A Balance Between all the schools.
The Good And Bads of Each School

Ice

Good: Extreme Defence like Tower Sheilds and Ice Absorb, Can help you in PVE and PVP.

Bad: Low Damage. Only a Little less but still, it can decide the winner for you.

Life

Good: Healing! You always want a good Heal every now and then. Also Accuracy Is high!

Bad: No Multi-hit Spells! Actually You only get a couple damage spells overall. Also The Level 48 Pet does a Healing Move which is sort of pointless due to all the other ones!

Death

Good: You Can Steal there health! Why not! Also high Percentage Traps for All classes

Bad: No Multi Hit Spells Besides Scarecrow and Feint puts a trap on You too! But other that that Death is pretty awesome

Myth

Good: Summon Minions to Aid you in battle!

Bad: Minions will use your traps and hit at unnecessary times

Fire

Good: Normal Accuracy, Strength and sheilds!

Nothing Really Bad!

Storm:
Good: Extreme Damage, Cool level 48 Pet ( hehe) and a great Class to Solo With!

Bad: Low Accuracy which can chip down health if You fizzle, Spells Like Wild Bolt wont help you!

Balance

Good: Judgement is Epic! Nice Multi Hits and Accuracy, Great Buffs and Traps and Secondary Class is good no matter what!

Bad Your Blades and Traps can be used by anything!

Secondary Class
Hard Choice. This is what You can do. Think of the greatest power of your class. Ice for instance, Has Great defence! So Pair it up with something with a bad defence! You Can put it all together for the win and Strike After you've toke a few blows and built your pips

Ugh! I cant Chose a Secondary, What Should I do?

Easy! If you feel the need to, You can choose NOT to have a secondary Class. But seriously they help. Death doesnt have a Multi-hit Until level 48, so choose something like Myth, Fire, or Ice for Multi Hits!

My Secondary Isnt Woking and It is Killing Me

Then Dont use it in your deck or even go to Golem Court and use crowns to return all training points to choose a new school.

So What Are you gonna choose? Reply Here It is Your Choice to Choose

Yours Truly, Edward Night

There's no such thing as a best school. The question is what school is the best to fit the playing style of a specific individual.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
It really depends if you're looking on damage, accuacy, pip cost, and survival. LI fe is probably the best to choose in the category of survival. Though death can be put in both the categories of damage and survival. The accuracy group contains of death, myth, and life. The pip cost group is balanced betwenn the schools who have the most X pip cost cards. Either way, you get the point. Looking at all of the schools, you really can't say witch one is the best(though I prefer life).