Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns Shop prices are to high...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
I've been playing wizard101 since 2008 and since then they higher and higher the prices for stuff! It happens every three months. But now in 2010 they highered the prices in the crowns shop and I mean everything! Game example: a day ago I bought crowns and I was ready to get a new storm house. I looked at it and they highered it to ten thousand more crowns! Do you think this is really bad for us wizards?! Well I think this; if there's more people joining every day does Kingsisle really need to higher prices on crowns?

Hero
May 27, 2009
The word you are looking for is "raise" as opposed to "higher" -- "higher" is not a verb, it's an adjective. And as for the prices in the Crown Shop, it is what the market will bear. If the prices go too high and people don't buy anything there, then perhaps the prices will come down. Unfortunately for you, other people are willing to spend that amount of crowns, and therefore, the prices will stay at this level.

Defender
May 31, 2010
Keller257 wrote:
I've been playing wizard101 since 2008 and since then they higher and higher the prices for stuff! It happens every three months. But now in 2010 they highered the prices in the crowns shop and I mean everything! Game example: a day ago I bought crowns and I was ready to get a new storm house. I looked at it and they highered it to ten thousand more crowns! Do you think this is really bad for us wizards?! Well I think this; if there's more people joining every day does Kingsisle really need to higher prices on crowns?

If you want to save money on crowns you could try using gold when you can. That storm house can be bought with gold , I farmed some street mobs for just 2 days and had more than enough gold to buy my death house. Same with the mounts , I use gold to buy them.
KI extra prices for crown only items doesnt really bother me , last game I played the sub was $15 a month per character , I had four. Here I get charged less than 15 for two accounts , and can have up to twelve characters. KI to me is a bargian. With more people joining , doesnt mean KI expenses will stay the same. With more people comes more technical support , and email that need to be answered , more GMs in the game to make sure those wizards are behaving themselves , not to mention the server maintenance. Think of all those account they they let people have for free too. C'mon they ain't so bad , they need to eat too.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Keller257 wrote:

I dont know where you are looking, but the Storm House was 10K crowns back when I bought my Life house about a month ago, and is still 10K crowns now.

Perhaps you live in a different area then the US and they have different pricing?

We have not raised any prices in the Crowns Shop.

Items do randomly go on sale, so one day the Storm House may be on sale and the next day it is not. This may seem to appear as though the price went up when really, the item was back at its original price.

Keep watching for sales, you never know what's going to be on sale tomorrow!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
Okay but just saying this right here: I think the shark mount should be bought also in gold cause I've saved a lot of gold now.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Keller257 wrote:
well maybe.. maybe you thought it was a different number or you didnt gather enough and you thought it was enough. they dont raise the prices

Survivor
May 04, 2009
When I tried to buy the guardians vestment with gold in crown shop it says " Crown Shop Error" plz help!!

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
We have not raised any prices in the Crowns Shop.

Items do randomly go on sale, so one day the Storm House may be on sale and the next day it is not. This may seem to appear as though the price went up when really, the item was back at its original price.

Keep watching for sales, you never know what's going to be on sale tomorrow!

Actually, that should be "You never what's going to be on sale in a couple of hours".

I bought 60,000 for $80 yesterday morning and then in the afternoon, my girlfriend bought 60,000 for $60. :?

But - we must be having fun, between subs, crowns and giftcards, we're spending between $150 - $200 a month playing this game.

While we're talking about the Crown Shop, how about some school symbol clothes in there? I love the robe I picked up with the balance symbol on the cape so much that I just keep stitching it; and I paid 11,000 gold for a similar robe for my death character. If there was a "Musketeer" type outfit in the crown shop with the school symbol on the cape, I would buy one for every character.