Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weirdness.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2009
Suddenly, on my laptop system, none of the letter keys work ingame...so I can't move around with asdw, I can't use x to select things, and especially troubling, I can't go through any portals in Dragonspyre at all, since there isn't any equivalent key to pressing 'x'.

I can use the arrow keys, the mouse buttons of course, and the space bar to jump, but nothing that has a letter key hotkey (or chat, for that matter) works. It was working fine a week or two ago, the last time I was playing W101.

Anyone have any ideas?

Defender
May 06, 2009
A few other notes:

Rebooting does not seem to have any impact. And I am trying to do the Celestian missions and I cannot select the stone in the tower in the Crucible, even though it claims to have a mouse-click equivalent, so I am stuck there entirely.

If I open chat (again, not by the hotkeys) then all letters do seem to work, just not as hotkeys. :-(

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I am having the same problem The keyboard works fine for all other applications and web pages. I have windows 7 and there have been a lot of updates lately I don't know if that affected it.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I think there is a way to toggle Hot Keys off and on in the game. It should be somewhere under gameplay options if this is so.

I'm betting that's what happened.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I couldn't find the hot keys part. I finally just uninstalled and then reinstalled the whole thing which takes forever boo. But so far it seems to have fixed the problem Crossing my fingers.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Okay so I logged back in this morning and it is not letting me use X again ugh. It is letting me use my mouse all of a sudden to click on most X items but not for sigils. It will allow me to use x the first time I log into the game. Such a strange problem.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Did you check for Gremlins? With all the new safety and security equipment in place I heard they gave up on airplanes.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
You are not alone! Both my daughter and myself (one on a laptop and the other on a desktop) have the same problem. the "X" works the first time we use it after logging on, but after that, nothing!! Sure would like to see it fixed soon!