Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blade storm should cost 4 pips to cast

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Blade storm is way to powerful to be a 1 pip cast. Everyone on your side gets a pip at the cost of one pip is a but absurd. Balance and life play pretty much even on par with each other when soloing the game. When not soloing life heals the team and balance blades the team. The huge difference being that when life heals the team it loses a large number of its pips, three pips if using unicorn, seven pips if using rebirth. In comparsion balance uses only one pip to increase all its team members damage on their next attacks by quite a lot. Balance also kills faster than I think it should and overkills by quite a lot. Making blade storm a four pip cast would put balance more in line with life, and would help decrease the killing speed and overkilling hits of balance and the teams that balance plays upon.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
1. It's only 20% more damage which is the lowest boost % in the game.
2. All blades are worth 0 pips per person per blade so your second sentence is wrong.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Blade storm is way to powerful to be a 1 pip cast. Everyone on your side gets a pip at the cost of one pip is a but absurd. Balance and life play pretty much even on par with each other when soloing the game. When not soloing life heals the team and balance blades the team. The huge difference being that when life heals the team it loses a large number of its pips, three pips if using unicorn, seven pips if using rebirth. In comparsion balance uses only one pip to increase all its team members damage on their next attacks by quite a lot. Balance also kills faster than I think it should and overkills by quite a lot. Making blade storm a four pip cast would put balance more in line with life, and would help decrease the killing speed and overkilling hits of balance and the teams that balance plays upon.

Are... you... INSANE?!?!?

I never see in here the merest hint that WindStorm should have a similar adjustment. Pretty much the same effect, only with traps and off-school wands won't break them.

Besides, BladeStorm boosts by less than any 1v1 blade, all of which cost 0 pips. 0 times four is still 0. KI has already tacked on pip cost beyond the multiplier.

Oh, and just because you haven't found a way to beat Balance doesn't mean the school is overpowered. Try learning some strategy before you try to nerf a whole school just so you can win more often.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Again with the balance threads seasnake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:

With the announcement that Celestia will be out sometime this month, I'll lay off of balance until I see how things have been changed. Hope they also fixed PvP, or at least put some real effort into making it fair and balanced, so I can stop complaining about that as well.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
seasnake wrote:

I’m not convinced with this one Seasnake. There is no doubt it is a powerful spell, but 4 pips is a bit much.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge – lvl 50 Ice
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:

With the announcement that Celestia will be out sometime this month, I'll lay off of balance until I see how things have been changed. Hope they also fixed PvP, or at least put some real effort into making it fair and balanced, so I can stop complaining about that as well.

Good, no hard feelings rite, i sorta posted the same thing on all your balance threads?
Daniel ThunderFlame Grandmaster Pyromancer.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:

the only change will be the level 50+ spells, as far as anyone knows. this is because the schools don't really need changing. before you say that so many threads about it means balance is overpowered, let's clarify: it's the same small group, posting variations of the same thread over and over.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Seasnake, stop complaining, ever heard of this word : Strategy

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
seasnake wrote:

I never see in here the merest hint that WindStorm should have a similar adjustment. Pretty much the same effect, only with traps and off-school wands won't break them.

Besides, BladeStorm boosts by less than any 1v1 blade, all of which cost 0 pips. 0 times four is still 0. KI has already tacked on pip cost beyond the multiplier.

Oh, and just because you haven't found a way to beat Balance doesn't mean the school is overpowered. Try learning some strategy before you try to nerf a whole school just so you can win more often.

Yes, and thank god he has no control over Wizard101.... If you take all of his ideas together, he is pretty much giving storm spells like "take no damage or charms" and " a 4 pip wild bolt that attacks all and stuns." Then, he nerfs balance by repeatedly making threads like " I am so weak! I want to beat balance but I am just not good enough so I am going to try to nerf it!" And the funny thing is that KI is sadly listening to him, giving storm a great spell like leviathan and giving balance a wimpy card than only has good animation. Come on, lets comepare these to spells..

Storm Lord Ra
------------ -----------
690 damage 540-640 damage
7 pips 8 pips
Stun to all

See a difference? Storm lord is garanteed more damage, less pips, AND it stuns, which is a HUGE advantage in a turn based game.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Yes, and thank god he has no control over Wizard101.... If you take all of his ideas together, he is pretty much giving storm spells like "take no damage or charms" and " a 4 pip wild bolt that attacks all and stuns." Then, he nerfs balance by repeatedly making threads like " I am so weak! I want to beat balance but I am just not good enough so I am going to try to nerf it!" And the funny thing is that KI is sadly listening to him, giving storm a great spell like leviathan and giving balance a wimpy card than only has good animation. Come on, lets comepare these to spells..

Storm Lord Ra
------------ -----------
690 damage 540-640 damage
7 pips 8 pips
Stun to all

See a difference? Storm lord is garanteed more damage, less pips, AND it stuns, which is a HUGE advantage in a turn based game.

Ra is indeed underpowered. The rule of thumb is that an AoE deals the same Damage as a single-target Spell one Rank lower; Balance Spells should deal an average of about 91 Damage per pip. Ra should be dealing an AVERAGE of about 635 or 640 (91x7, rounded up or down), not a maximum of said numbers.