Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

making a new wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
I am designing a new character I am using myth as the base. However, I am lost on a secondary school I thought maybe life but my only concern is I will have no elemental shields early on which posses a problem even with additional life spells. I have also considered storm for its offensive power and obvious elemental shield but I do not know this is a tuff one.

Any ideas?

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Ice to tower
Death to feint
and get your balance blades/traps

Trust me, this works for almost any wizard.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I would go ice first up to tower shield, and then death up to feint, after that I might consider going life. The tower shield is very useful no matter what school you are and also comes with a double shield against storm and fire which is also very useful. Feint allows you to kill really fast and stuff that is dead deals no damage to you, feint also enables you to save pips, blades, and traps for when you miss a kill you have to do all of that stuff over again which means you need a much larger deck size to get through battles with. Pixiey and satyre are very useful when it comes to life spells. Some characters find it hard to find four pips to cast a healing spell with (my balance never has pips for a satyre even though it uses the necklace). A one pip per turn heal is however about right. If you want healing I'd suggest going with a necklace until you get tower shield and feint.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Myth has both decent hp and defense and the minions can tank in a pinch, so I didn’t go with life.

Due to Myth’s best attacks being double hitters, I figured going Death up to feint wasn’t the way to go.

My Myth character went ice.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 50 Ice

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
I say fire or balance. which both have shields and powerful spells. Same with storm. I say go with one of these. I am full fire, half storm, and half myth. sometimes I wish I chose balance as a secondary. So I say its good to go with fire or balance.

- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 42 pyromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Go with Ice up to the Tower Shield first. You'll get an elemental shield against Storm and Fire, the two schools that hit hardest, then the Tower Shield itself.

Community Leader
Hello,
There are so many ways to set up a wizard, some say myth and life some say myth and death and life, What I would suggest is check out some of the wizard101 fan sites. You can do this by going to Wizard community then news and links, from there go to fan sites.

I know wizard101 central has many guides on myth wizards.

Hope this helps

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Well ok I ran a test with the myth wizard and he dies to quick for my taste I stuck with what I knew and made a second Ice wizard but here is the best part I chose death as his secondary on the advice of you all I will stick with that until I gain feint then we will see I am torn between life and storm really.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
matvince90 wrote:
Ice to tower
Death to feint
and get your balance blades/traps

Trust me, this works for almost any wizard.
feint is death only

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Things are going well I almost have tower shield from ice, thank you to all for your help I think I will see my first grand! You guys take it easy thanks again

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Well I got the tower shield would going for life next be over doing it on the healing? Should I go with something else?

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
When you want to make a new wizard and choose a class yourself you can however press (skip the test) button and the choice of class will come up as:

Fire

Ice

Storm

Myth

Life

Death

Balance