Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

scrap iron is a pain

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
i think that there should be more scrap iron harvesting areas, and they should have higher respawn rate, either that, or decrease the scrap iron requirement for the craft mission items, the mission for the marelybone crafting items is a pain, i bet that a lot of people would enjoy that

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Yet another thread complaining about scrap iron, be thankful for how it is now. There used to be far fewer spawning location, lower spawn rates, and no option to transmute scrap iron via crafting. Also the requirements needing scrap iron have been cut in half. Plus getting scrap iron is easy now, I can get 40+ pieces in under an hour, that is most of the needed scrap iron for MB crafting quest. Plus if you collect reagents-ore-in this case as you play you should be able to transmute a good deal by now.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
sinfulones wrote:
i think that there should be more scrap iron harvesting areas, and they should have higher respawn rate, either that, or decrease the scrap iron requirement for the craft mission items, the mission for the marelybone crafting items is a pain, i bet that a lot of people would enjoy that

Look over the boards and find the tips on this crafting quest. You make it sound like people can't do this, and you are very wrong. You make it sound like it is difficult, and you are wrong.

Well, let me rephrase...it can't be done if you are willing to only do your collecting at major access times. It is difficult if you try and fight everyone else for the same reagents. So, read the boards, do it at off times if you are truely serious.

Historical Note: When this craft came out, it was crafting five of each item...over a hundred scrap iron total...with a much slower spawn rate and fewer locations...and people still completed the quests.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Just like in everything else, the quests get harder the higher level you get -- Marleybone isn't as hard as Mooshu crafting quests, so if you think finding scrap iron is difficult, just wait until you have to find Black Lotus. SEARCH THE FORUMS! There are hints and tips for each and every reagent. Before moaning about how hard it is, do some research. With a little extra effort on your part, you could find out how EASY finding scrap iron can be.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Also? You haven't seen anything yet.

The scrap iron is a cakewalk compared to the black pearls and blood moss.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I get my scrap iron from Chealsa Court ( sry spelling ) It is past the O' Leary brutes and there is an open space and I would change realms to get what I need.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
don't fret much over scrap iron, I assure you that the following crafting quests will become much worse

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I had more problems with Scrap Iron than Black Lotus or Red Mandrake. Never found an ideal spot, but I will check out that O'Learys. I just keep looking around while doing quests and eventually found it, and used Transmute from Ore. I will check out that Chelsea Court area though, thanks for the tip!

My Life character is trying the Grizzleheim house, but getting all Grandmaster gear and a Satyr that has Life-Giver has priority.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
sinfulones wrote:
LOL! wait until you need diamonds, but even the diamonds are nothing compared to the black pearl nightmare :x :shiver: