Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question? Please Read (Regarding friends)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Ok, so I am an older player ( a parent) that has been playing with her daughter. She is actually out of the country (my 10 year old) with grandma at the moment, and we kind of started playing together W101.

Anyways, I can't find her anywhere. She is like level 22, while I am a level 8. I don't know if that has anything to do with it; however, I just want to play with her, and we try to meet, and I can't never see her. What is the deal? Any tricks? What do I have to do to actually see her, and have her on my list of friends. Thank you.

Wizard101 has several Realms for our players to enjoy. All the Realms are identical so if you're in the Greyrose Realm and your friend is in the Wu Realm, you can be standing in exactly the same place and not see each other.

There are two ways to find your family and friends.
1. Agree on a Realm to meet in before you log in.
You can switch between Realms easily when you're not in a duel. Simply press Esc and select the very last top on the tab with the above icon - and you will see a list of Realms to choose from.

CTRL - M is the shortcut key to bring up this section of your journal.

2. If you know your friend in real life, you can give him a True Friend Code - this will allow you to teleport directly to each others location. To learn about True Friend codes, please visit this page: https://www.wizard101.com/game/truefriendcode

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Detailed instructions, as applies to your situation:

1) Get a True Friend code. Click on the handshake icon in the upper right corner, then the "0101" button, then the "GET TRUE FRIEND CODE" button. Copy/memorize the eight-character code.

2) Contact your daughter in real life and give her the code.

3) Your daughter then clicks on the handshake icon and "0101" button, enters the code in the box, and clicks on "Check Code". In a few seconds, the two of you will appear on each other's friend list.

Now when you're both online, one of you can teleport ("Go To Location") to the other. That will put you in the same location of the game and on same server (Realm). You can also text chat with each other with few word filter restrictions .

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Ok, so I got the True Friend Code on my daughter's account, and I signed on (onto mine), actually is my son's, and he is registered as a 5 year old. I don't see on his account the 0101 code bubble. Why is this? So, I can't type in the true friend code, for the bubble is not there at all. Do I have to sign in to the parental control, and do something there? Please let me know. Thank you.

angela200053 wrote:
Ok, so I got the True Friend Code on my daughter's account, and I signed on (onto mine), actually is my son's, and he is registered as a 5 year old. I don't see on his account the 0101 code bubble. Why is this? So, I can't type in the true friend code, for the bubble is not there at all. Do I have to sign in to the parental control, and do something there? Please let me know. Thank you.

To protect our underage players, the True Friend code is disabled on accounts under the age of 13, but you as the parent can enable it via the Parental Controls on his account.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.