Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anybody else sick of pet repeats?!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
i find it ridiculous that we can hatch a pet and get a twin out of it.. i don't want another one of something i already have.. and no i don't want to re-train it.. because the games are to boring after i do them over and over and over again.. after i hatch i sprint to the store to c what i get only to see i wasted 40000 gold.. which takes an hour or so to get.. plz let us choose our mix or something or just not repeats.. if you want a repeat you should be able to PICK that.. i'm really tired of it :( plz at least give me a reason as to why i hafta try a million times to get a burnzilla.. or a archfiend.. really getting on my nerves and i'm losing the drive after each repeat.. (on my 5th try for burnzilla and my 3rd try for archfiend)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Wizard101 has fixed pet hatching so that you no longer recieve pets you can't use. This means if you put you grandmaster pet on a character that can not use your school only pet, your character will recieve a mix of the copy of the other person's pet. Now if you are mixing your grandmaster pet that you can not use with another grandmaster pet that you can also not use the only pet you can get that you could use would be the hybred you are after. So, if you want a hybred you can get it as long as you have another character, the gold to hatch it with, and a school only pet that is able to mix hybreds with.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
It's great that we get twins of pets we already have.
It allows us to breed the Talents and Derby skills that we like into the pet.
That's how we can run around with an Arctic Cat that has Spell-Proof and Spritely.

Hybrids, like Archfiend, are rare.
The cost of Hatching does not include getting a different pet - that is a free bonus.
The cost of Hatching is based on the mix of Talents and Derby skills.

Train the hatchlings if you think they have Talents and Derby skills you like. If you want to try to for a different pet type, you can use the original parent...
Or you could Hatch the parent with a low pedigree pet in order and use the twin offspring to reduce the cost of Hatching with that type of pet.
My P-28 Orthrus and P-30 Ice Hound are much cheaper Hatches than the original parents.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Wizard101 has fixed pet hatching so that you no longer recieve pets you can't use. This means if you put you grandmaster pet on a character that can not use your school only pet, your character will recieve a mix of the copy of the other person's pet. Now if you are mixing your grandmaster pet that you can not use with another grandmaster pet that you can also not use the only pet you can get that you could use would be the hybred you are after. So, if you want a hybred you can get it as long as you have another character, the gold to hatch it with, and a school only pet that is able to mix hybreds with.

this was kind of confusing can you re-phrase for me? i want to make sure i understand this so i can get burninator ha

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
this was kind of confusing...
It's actually not 100%.
But, you will have better odds if you put the Helephant in the backpack of a wizard that is not Fire school.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Gandolf619 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

this was kind of confusing can you re-phrase for me? i want to make sure i understand this so i can get burninator ha

In theory, this could work but it doesn't. They stated that when you mix two GM pets you will not be able to receive a pet you cannot equip. So let's say I take my orthrus from myth and place it in the backpack of my balance. What seasnake is trying to say is, if I hatch with, say, a wraith I should be able to get the hybrid because I cannot equip the orthrus OR the wraith on my balance. I believe what KI meant was you will not get a pet that ANY of your characters can't equip. Seems a bit confusing I know but here's how I see it. I have all schools except life so if I were to change pets around on characters and hatch different pets with different characters then unless I am hatching with a satyr, I still have a chance of getting a repeat. Does that make sense? I can equip any pet except satyr on at least one of my characters so maybe this is what they were meaning when they said that. My suggestion would be to hatch with yourself. Putting two level 48 pets into your backpack and hatching alone, to me, seems like you have a higher chance of getting a hybrid. But that's totally my opinion and not been proven as correct. I have had better luck that way though, just sayin.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Yes. I wasted 38,000 gold on grimzilla and I didn't even get it. grimzilla was all i wanted and i look for 2 hours for nothing :( grimzilla. you will be waiting for me some day