Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not found anywhere in book or that I can find

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
When Storm Lord hits he leaves a , well dont know what you call it, a "sheild" around the opponent, I think all of the spells do,, it is refered to as a shock or absorb, anyway what the heck is it and what purpose does it have? No information in the books can be found about it so maybe someone here can enlighten me please....

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Those are stun blocks. It was KI's temp fix to chain stunning in PvP.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
storm lord stuns an opponent for one round(maxes them pass) the shields are to prevent chain stunning in pvp

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
When Storm Lord hits he leaves a , well dont know what you call it, a "sheild" around the opponent, I think all of the spells do,, it is refered to as a shock or absorb, anyway what the heck is it and what purpose does it have? No information in the books can be found about it so maybe someone here can enlighten me please....

The thing around your enemy was a stun block. Your enemy gets one when you stun them.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
If I am correct, I believe you are referring to a Stun Block. The Storm Lord's effect is 690 Storm Damage and Stun to all enemies. A stun causes someone to pass on their next turn regardless of whether or not they wish to cast a spell. Four shields appear around them after the Storm Lord's attack. These are Stun Blocks. For the next 4 times someone uses a Stun spell on you, it will not work. This is to prevent what is called Chain Stunning (stunning players every single turn, mostly in PvP).

I am sorry if this is not what you were talking about but I hope this helps!

Valerian DarkBringer- Grandmaster Necromancer~ Master Artisan
Galen FrostFlame- Magus Thaumaturge~ Krokotopia Explorer
Thomas DragonCaster- Journeyman Theurgist~ Savior of Wizard City

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Those are Stun-block shields. The shield protects the enemy by absorbing the next stun attempt. This was introduced to stop chain-stunning (stunning an enemy every turn so that the enemy can never cast a spell) which was a problem in team PvP.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I read earlier that this stun chain fix is temporary until a future update implements a more... elegant solution.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 50 Ice