Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wow that was boring!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Emma0420 wrote:
I have 6 grandmasters and they all did the quest. I had a good time each time. My kids have done it multiple times on their wizards also. This quest was designed for entertainment for all. If you want a challange, remove all your gear and empty your deck. Blaze through the quest using only level 1 clothes and wand spells.
well ok i ALLREADY did still a LOT of health i had 1650 and only level on spells!!!! sincelry Marcus Skull Wrath Level 50 Death

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
Its for a level 6. Really what did you expect, its not Celestia which is for 48+ Now those will be some hard quests. But I mean really come on, it was a promotion and a pacifer for Celestia.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2008
melcookie925 wrote:
Ok no offence but the Sleana Gomez quest was one word: BORING. Here are the resons why.
1. it was super short
2. it was super easy
3. if you already did the quest the next time you log on it tells you to do it again
4. the enemys had like NO heath.
5. the boss only had about 320 heath. Really? I could kill him in one shot ( because i'm a level 39 life wizard)
6. Selena was a little mean
7. there are so many bad things about it
8. it was boring
Now there are SOME goods things. Here they are.
1. you got to listen to good music
2. you got to go to a cool place( and i mean really cool)
3. you got some cool stuff (tresure cards, Selena stuff, gold)
4. you got to see Selena in coumputer anamation
So I wish it would of been somewhere hard like marleybone or mooshu. The enemys had 120 - 220 or something like that. They need to make hard for higher level wizards. This is where the quest should be.
Level 6-10 : wizard city
Level 11-20 : krokotopia
Level 21-30 : grizzleheim
Level 30-35 : marleybone
Level 36-40 : mooshu
Level 40-50 : dragonsprye
You should earn at least 2 levels during the quest. And a lot of gold. I mean your helping a pop star get home you have to get a lot. And the boss should have this much heath:
Level 6-10 : boss has 700 heath
Level 11-20 : boss has 1,500 heath
Level 21-30 : boss has 2,000 heath
Level 30-35 : boss has 2,600 heath
Level 35-40 : boss has 3,200 heath
Level 40-50 : boss has 6,000 heath
So if your planning on doing the Selena Gomez quest, DON'T. You'll just wast your time.

It was easy but it was fun because it was underwater, they are showing us how Celestia will look. You got to be thankful they brought a Celebritie to Wizard101 they work hard on that quest is not easy doing that job takes a lot of time. They did that quest and plus they are working hard on Celestia to release it as soon as possible so we can have fun yep be thankful because they take time of their life to make this game better and add new stuff for us. If you think you can do better then do your own game and see how difficult it is.

Thanks wizard101 for everything :)

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
Ok no offence but the Sleana Gomez quest was one word: BORING. Here are the resons why.
1. it was super short
2. it was super easy
3. if you already did the quest the next time you log on it tells you to do it again
5. the boss only had about 320 heath. Really? I could kill him in one shot ( because i'm a level 39 life wizard)
8. it was boring
So I wish it would of been somewhere hard like marleybone or mooshu. The enemys had 120 - 220 or something like that. They need to make hard for higher level wizards. This is where the quest should be.
You should earn at least 2 levels during the quest. And a lot of gold. I mean your helping a pop star get home you have to get a lot. And the boss should have this much heath:
So if your planning on doing the Selena Gomez quest, DON'T. You'll just wast your time.

1. It's for level 6 wizards
2. Your boss health is totally UNFAIR
3. Same as #1
4. Your locations are unfair, what if non-members took the quest?
5.That's all I have and, don't tell people not to waste there times on the quest, please.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:
At level 6, you've gotten the Seraph card from Lady Oriel (normally), so it's conceivable you could use that on the boss. Of course, you'd need to survive long enough to collect the four pips....
You get Pixie at lvl 6, not Seraph. Seraph is a lvl 22 spell.

Short of treasure cards and crowns/transferred high damage card pets, you will not kill the boss in one hit, period.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
to be honest, i hated the quest at first. i thought it was totally not magical to have a american star be in W101. but hey. it was fun, she is cool, we got a preveiw to celestia, and i was bored. it was fun, easy, and it obviously had a lot of time put into it. besides, if you dont like it, dont do it again! hehe. its just somethin fun to do, and best of all, it was free. which is really nice of KI to make it available to everyone. ty KI! I like the quest now that i look it it with a positive attitude. and selena has some really great songs. :D

Kelly, lvl 27 life.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Look, the Selena Gomez quest was designed to be done at level 6. If you did it with your level 50, what did you expect?
Try doing it solo with a level 6 and let us know if you still think it was too easy.
It's not a required quest, therefore you do not need to repeat the quest on other characters.
This quest may not stay in the Spiral forever, so those who wish to do it to receive the rewards should do so soon.
yeah sorry i just thought it could of been a little more changlling, because i did it on my level 39 wizard. i'm sure you guys worked hard on it but i just did not like it.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Araylia wrote:
to be honest, i hated the quest at first. i thought it was totally not magical to have a american star be in W101. but hey. it was fun, she is cool, we got a preveiw to celestia, and i was bored. it was fun, easy, and it obviously had a lot of time put into it. besides, if you dont like it, dont do it again! hehe. its just somethin fun to do, and best of all, it was free. which is really nice of KI to make it available to everyone. ty KI! I like the quest now that i look it it with a positive attitude. and selena has some really great songs. :D

Kelly, lvl 27 life.
that's a great to look at it kelly!! :D

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
nijac wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
1. it was super short
2. it was super easy
8. it was boring

1. It's for level 6 wizards
2. Your boss health is totally UNFAIR
3. Same as #1
4. Your locations are unfair, what if non-members took the quest?
5.That's all I have and, don't tell people not to waste there times on the quest, please.
well, I was just giving my opinoin. my boss heath may be a little high and my locations might be unfair but I like my own choice and I don't need people telling me it's bad. and a lot of people really don't like my opinoin. but hey, that's ok. this is my first popurley topic so i'm happy. and I'm sorry about those last two sentences in the post. I take them back. I just felt like I wasted my time. It was kinda fun because I was thinking ''what will happen next''? I just could not belive how short and easy it was. so can anyone forgive me if they don't like me now.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
puertoricanwarrior wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
1. it was super short
2. it was super easy
8. it was boring

It was easy but it was fun because it was underwater, they are showing us how Celestia will look. You got to be thankful they brought a Celebritie to Wizard101 they work hard on that quest is not easy doing that job takes a lot of time. They did that quest and plus they are working hard on Celestia to release it as soon as possible so we can have fun yep be thankful because they take time of their life to make this game better and add new stuff for us. If you think you can do better then do your own game and see how difficult it is.

Thanks wizard101 for everything :)
i can do some stuff by myself. but i chose not to.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
WHY ARE YOU ALL MAD AT ME!!! I was just giving my opinion! I really was not trying to be mean! I really wasn't! So if you think that I was being mean, I wasn't trying to. Ok? So please don't be mad at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Orbit100 wrote:
Geez dont be mean they were entertaining us okay so dont be mean at least you got some lvling up for it Wizard101 was still doing a good job and it was actually kinda fun you got cool stuff like a statue a potrait and gold and ALLOT MORE so i think it was intresting to do so dont blame Wizard101 for this okay just saying :D well anyways Selena Gomez was so cool at the end on the Round and Round scene well thats all i gotta say

Your Wizard,

Cole Stormspear
i wasn't being mean!!! ok! i was just giving my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Emma0420 wrote:
I have 6 grandmasters and they all did the quest. I had a good time each time. My kids have done it multiple times on their wizards also. This quest was designed for entertainment for all. If you want a challange, remove all your gear and empty your deck. Blaze through the quest using only level 1 clothes and wand spells.
But if you empty your deck, how will you win? And I really don't think that will help me have a challange.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Pygmalin wrote:
Its for a level 6. Really what did you expect, its not Celestia which is for 48+ Now those will be some hard quests. But I mean really come on, it was a promotion and a pacifer for Celestia.
Yes, I did see it looked like celistia. OK??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
tickybomb wrote:
you tell it like it is zeke i loved the quest and had a lot of fun doing it.
REALLY?Now your against me?!? Thank you( p.s. I ment that sarcastickly)

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
tickybomb wrote:
you tell it like it is zeke i loved the quest and had a lot of fun doing it.
REALLY?Now your against me?!? Thank you( p.s. I ment that sarcastickly)
we know

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
wah wah wah!

Lol.

Selena was supposed to attract people, not the people already playing.

We were LUCKY enough to even get her for free. Calm down.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Look, the Selena Gomez quest was designed to be done at level 6. If you did it with your level 50, what did you expect?
Try doing it solo with a level 6 and let us know if you still think it was too easy.
It's not a required quest, therefore you do not need to repeat the quest on other characters.
This quest may not stay in the Spiral forever, so those who wish to do it to receive the rewards should do so soon.

Yeppers!

Heck! I thot it was fun ... I was afraid to even TRY it (having been slammed in the Sunken City at first) I figured it would be too brutal ... I found out later ...

it was fun, cute and a delight! (ummm... can I say it reminded me of Little Mermaid without getting *dinged*/censored?)

IMHO This side quest, just like the rest of this game is/was a credit to the artistic/innovative immagination that is such a credit to KI and this game. (and a *-good reason I intend to stick around!)

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
the quest was easy, but I did it on my grandmaster wizards so I expected that :)

still though it was a fun little quest to do.

One thing though, the whole Selena calling you short thing was a bit uneccessary.

just saying.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:
i wasn't being mean!!! ok! i was just giving my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Understood! Opinions ARE important! Yous as well as every one else's :D

I respect your opinion! Moreover, I respect the EFFORT you put into your original post (hey! I can't type that well ;) ) ...And the thought you put into it!

Mel ... don't take things too personally! Words and meanings don't always translate well over a digital medium ;) Sometimes there's good emotions lost as well as enhanced feeelings of ...rage?

So ... point-blank I tell you this:
#1, Your thots made people THINK (thats a GOOD thing!)
#2 ... get over it ... don't feel 'bashed' no-one can ever make everyone happy whether they agree or disagree ... ;)
#3 Cool game, huh? (well, I like it anyway) I think you do too ;) :) Peace brother :D

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
When I did the Selena Gomez quest I didn't get any rewards! I didn't get any XP, Gold or equipment! I am definately sure I completed it, twice! I did it once with each of my characters (a level 10 and a level 50) and didn't get anything for either of them! Someone please tell me why!

Amber Ledgend Blade,
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Seth Storm,
Level 10 (I don't know what the name of a torm Wizard is!)

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
ok, I may be a little harsh on these posts and I'm sorry. I'm just getting irrataited.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
I miss Selena.

I was only able to save her 45 times. I still had 9 wizards to go. :(

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
I liked the Selena quest for the most part. I actually never heard of her before and I thought her music was pretty good for all age groups. The plot/storyline was fun and light - that was the best part of this quest. I don't look at it as "easy" or "hard" because that is completely subjective to the level of the wizard, the player behind the wizard, what the wizard is wearing and his spell deck availability. I did like the look of an underwater city and I give props to KI for giving this quest to the entire gaming public of Wizard101.

However, with all those people in that area, it ended up being highly populated. I ran the quest on two different wizards and it was fairly laggy in that area because of all the mobs and wizards moving around - due to the fact that it is for the entire gaming public of Wizard101. That's the one downside to the quest. I'm hoping when I get to Celestia, that it will be less laggy only because there will be less people for a much bigger area. We will see.

My two cents.