Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not sure what to do?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
Hello everyone!

I'm new to W101. I understand how to play and everything, but, I just got finished with that duel you do in the beginning, and the guy told me: "I'll summon you when things are presentable. So many books and papers to tidy up...where did I put those forms... See you soon." After that he went away, and now I am stuck in that room and I have NO idea of where to go or what to do. It's been almost 20minutes and he has not summoned me. Am I doing something wrong? What should I do? Where do I need to go? Help!? :( Thank you

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
yodus91 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm new to W101. I understand how to play and everything, but, I just got finished with that duel you do in the beginning, and the guy told me: "I'll summon you when things are presentable. So many books and papers to tidy up...where did I put those forms... See you soon." After that he went away, and now I am stuck in that room and I have NO idea of where to go or what to do. It's been almost 20minutes and he has not summoned me. Am I doing something wrong? What should I do? Where do I need to go? Help!? :( Thank you

Usually it just takes about a minute or less, and then Merle Ambrose summons you to come to the Headmaster's House. If that hasn't happened yet, you might want to contact Help and Support. Use the tab on the left side of this page.Then use the Contact Us tab.

Explain the problem and give them your username and your character name too. Hope this helps.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
yodus91, welcome to the Spiral. :)

Just press "Q" to open/close your quest journal. This will help you find out what to do next.

Check this link for more keyboard shortcuts to the game
https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/keyboardshortcuts

See you in the Spiral. :-)

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
That happened to me when I first started :P Although I'm assuming that since it was my first character, it still needed to load or something. When I started a second character, it took about...10 seconds. I just read a book or something while I waited. But if you end up FINISHING the book, then you might wanna contact Help and Support XP

Cya in the Spiral!

Defender
May 31, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:

Usually it just takes about a minute or less, and then Merle Ambrose summons you to come to the Headmaster's House. If that hasn't happened yet, you might want to contact Help and Support. Use the tab on the left side of this page.Then use the Contact Us tab.

Explain the problem and give them your username and your character name too. Hope this helps.

Not sure about less than a minute Honeybee. maybe for second wizard, but the first time I tried playing this game , over a year ago , I got this same message after doing the tutorial , I waited maybe fifteen minutes , then closed the game out and never touched it again till about 4 months ago. This time I gave Ambrose time to get things in order , and it took around 45 minutes. I have a dsl connection and have no problems with streaming movies and such , but think that minute you suggested , might take a little longer for some of us.

Yodus , more than likely you have the game downloaded by now , and are playing the game . In the future , when you are downloading a new area, creatures etc .. a spiral icon will appear on the left side of the screen. Thankfully, the game is set up so as you trigger a quest near the end of the world , you will automatically start downloading the next world, and can have it ready for you by the time you are done.