Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Things worse than judgment and balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
1. Myth-Not Similar accuracy, damage and health as balance, but with the ability to hit TWICE, whether you going first or second, there is no way you can expect to get enough shields up.
2. Storm-compare storms WILD BOLT with judgment. A good PvPer can cast one every turn! WILD BOLT does 1000 damage for only two pips. If that if their going first, you can't shield and will almost definitely die.
3. Sacrifice-I once had a hour long battle because the death continuously used sacrifice.

While I could name more, I'm eager to get to my second point. Judgment isn't overpowered, and neither is balance. Judge is easily countered by a tower shield or weakness if they wand, they also lose their boosts for it. Balance has an unhelpful PvP bubble, and while it probably has more buffs, their help by a smaller amount. None of their damaging spells do extraordinary damage if you look at a pip to damage ratio.

P.S. a 12 pip unbuffed judge does 1200. 2 orthrus (12 pips) does 1400 AND is tougher to shield against.

IN NO WAY IS JUDGMENT BROKEN!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
a good PvP storm player can't get off a single storm attack any turn except the very first and only if lucky enough to go first if the person they are up against is also good and stocks 1 pip storm dispels in their deck... these dispels stay on storm until storm casts a storm attack or dispels it, as such they can be stacked several times and storm is effectively able to do absolutely nothing

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
originaluber wrote:
1. Myth-Not Similar accuracy, damage and health as balance, but with the ability to hit TWICE, whether you going first or second, there is no way you can expect to get enough shields up.
2. Storm-compare storms WILD BOLT with judgment. A good PvPer can cast one every turn! WILD BOLT does 1000 damage for only two pips. If that if their going first, you can't shield and will almost definitely die.
3. Sacrifice-I once had a hour long battle because the death continuously used sacrifice.

While I could name more, I'm eager to get to my second point. Judgment isn't overpowered, and neither is balance. Judge is easily countered by a tower shield or weakness if they wand, they also lose their boosts for it. Balance has an unhelpful PvP bubble, and while it probably has more buffs, their help by a smaller amount. None of their damaging spells do extraordinary damage if you look at a pip to damage ratio.

P.S. a 12 pip unbuffed judge does 1200. 2 orthrus (12 pips) does 1400 AND is tougher to shield against.

I am balance while most of what you say is true i dont think that you have seen someone who knows how to use a judgement i have took people out with one hit even with the tower shield on. Its easy if you have a death person with but only if your level 50 have the robe that gives you the 125 per pip and a death friend who works as a team. I get lots of power pips so i alway can have all power pips i use balance blade hex trap and the one that gives everyone a blade i forget what it is called. Heres where a death friend comes in they put a curse on you and feint all that and your down for the count even if you have tower shield and i have weakness try it sometime you will see what i am talking about.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
seasnake wrote:
a good PvP storm player can't get off a single storm attack any turn except the very first and only if lucky enough to go first if the person they are up against is also good and stocks 1 pip storm dispels in their deck... these dispels stay on storm until storm casts a storm attack or dispels it, as such they can be stacked several times and storm is effectively able to do absolutely nothing

And while your dispelling storm attacks their gaining pips. Then, as soon as you run out, BAM! Triton, Wild Bolt or Storm lord and your gone, because you wasted all those dispels that do nothing except stall the battle a turn. (except for life dispel which blocks heals). Sure, you can reshuffle them, but that means they have an opportunity to attack. If dispels cost a pip, then every turn you use one, they basically just gain pip advantage.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
norr4687 wrote:
originaluber wrote:

I am balance while most of what you say is true i dont think that you have seen someone who knows how to use a judgement i have took people out with one hit even with the tower shield on. Its easy if you have a death person with but only if your level 50 have the robe that gives you the 125 per pip and a death friend who works as a team. I get lots of power pips so i alway can have all power pips i use balance blade hex trap and the one that gives everyone a blade i forget what it is called. Heres where a death friend comes in they put a curse on you and feint all that and your down for the count even if you have tower shield and i have weakness try it sometime you will see what i am talking about.

I've faced two Judgmenters, and won both times. Also, I was referring to 1v1. I expect in 2v2 or higher that you would have a life on your side to heal and cast spirit armor. That way you would have tower (-50%) weakness (-25%) and spirit armor (absorbs 400 i think). If you used treasures, you could also stack a second tower, weakness and spirit armor.