Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May "not" cast when it's traps and blades?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
Just a question to anyone out there...(KI staff would be great). I have been asking many players and am yet to find one that has seen his/her pet cast a trap or blade. Shields, sprites, yes but not the others. Is this a glitch that someone has brought to KI's attention or has someone had a pet do these that can verify? Many inquiring minds would like to know.

Thanks!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
It's not always just blades and traps, also wards and sometimes pixie, anyways. KI has stated with the Celestia update that the pets will cast more often, as well as minions get smarter

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
My husband has a Satyr that has Spritely, and it has cast the sprite several times. He has also had his Collossus cast an Ice Shield once. I have three pets with the "May Cast" talent (two with a trap talent and one with a blade) and none of them have ever cast anything. I really hope KI does increase the chance that the pets will cast, because as it stands now, it is a useless talent, in my opinion.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
I appreciate the responses. I have a storm cat with the may cast shield talent and he does it every time i get hit by a storm spell (that seems to be the catalyst to provoke the talent), I also have a storm dancer with spritely and he is a sprite casting maniac (like 5 or more times per battle but I have no idea what promts the cast). My question is in regard to blades and traps only. So if you have info about either of these may cast talents ever working please let me know.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
In a 4v4 PVP battle, my FOG unicorn used Sprite a possible record 8 times!
everyone thought i was cheating.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
i have some problem with few my pet that had may cast talents for blades and traps i think they are bugged right now i being try to get the talents to work but so far no luck.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Icecombe wrote:
I appreciate the responses. I have a storm cat with the may cast shield talent and he does it every time i get hit by a storm spell (that seems to be the catalyst to provoke the talent), I also have a storm dancer with spritely and he is a sprite casting maniac (like 5 or more times per battle but I have no idea what promts the cast). My question is in regard to blades and traps only. So if you have info about either of these may cast talents ever working please let me know.

Wait your pets can randomly cast a spell with out you telling it too? I hope i dont sound to silly but i was wondering if that is what you mean.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
May Cast blades and traps never cast. It's a bug.
KI is aware of the issue.