Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

character clothing gone, loading issues.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
laundry list of problems. Came back to the game after being gone for a while and my characters clothing went back to default. The stats are still there when i log in (when i can log in) but the clothing and my hair turned red/default. Tried re-downloading game, but no change.

I also have that loading sign continually going on the top left of my screen and i know it's not my internet connection, because my friend is playing right next to me without any problems on the same connection.

I also have trouble logging in. It says that things are busy, try again. It is not because of full servers. I am on the same server/etc as my friend and get different problems. It does this for every zone/loading thing.

My whole account is pretty much on the fritz.

Your account is not on the fritz, in fact you answered your own question.

I also have that loading sign continually going on the top left of my screen and i know it's not my internet connection, because my friend is playing right next to me without any problems on the same connection.

We are constantly adding new items to the game, you haven't been on in a while so you need to download all these items. This is why you're seeing the downloading symbol. This can also delay you getting into the game, which is why you're seeing the 'Wizard101 is very busy right now' message.

As for your clothing, this issue is also covered in the Known Bugs (though it is not a bug)

Still Wearing your Starter Outfit?: If you log in to Wizard101 on a different computer, or after reinstalling Wizard101, your characters will appear on the classroom screen in their starting outfits. Don't panic, your characters are still wearing their higher level gear, but you need to re-download all the clothing items. Once you log in and start exploring the worlds, you'll notice the downloading icon in the upper left of your screen. Once you have downloaded the clothing and other equipment, it will update your look.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.