Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
deff need to rethink the spawns of them i mean its getting really hard to find almost anything needed. I think there needs to be a store or shopkeeper that sell every kind of reagent but the rare stuff. That is just my opinion.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
It's called the Bazaar.

Have you tried buying Black Lotus, Diamonds, Red Mandrake, and Scrap Iron at the Bazaar recently. If you have a slower internet connection it is nearly impossible to get what you need without others grabbing them first.

I have four grandmasters, three which are master artisans, the fourth is close to becoming master artisan. I am finding it much more difficult to harvest reagents with my fourth grandmaster than i did my other three.

There definitely needs to be more spawns of the reagents needed.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Defender
May 31, 2010
I have to agree about the spawn rate being low. I have been working on crafting kitchen cabinets and place settings. Going to need about 300 scrap iron to get it all done. Only way for me to get the scrap iron now , is to wait during the early morning weekdays , and even then I run into a lot of other crafters who are out reagent hunting too. But *sighs* guess if it was too easy , wouldn't be worth crafting . I can't imagine how difficult it would be to hunt reagents during the evening when most people are home from work/school.
Trying to find these things at the bazaar can be next to impossible even with a great internet connection.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I don't buy rare reagents at the Bazaar - I tried when crafting first came out and I find it more frustrating than trying to hunt for them. However, it is available as a place where rare reagents are sold., which is what the original poster asked for.

Wizards have been complaining about the spawn rates since Crafting was in Test. Many of us still managed to get to Master Artisan BEFORE the update which reduced requirements for quests and gave us the Transmute Recipes. At the time, there were probably many less wizards doing the crafting quests simply because it was so much harder.

The recipe I am working on now requires 35 Blood Moss. I know it's going to be a hard slog trying to get that many. -- it may take me weeks. But it is an accomplishment that I can be proud of when I am finished.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
Most things can be bought at the bazaar. The couple of harder things to find that I hunt for are scrap iron, ( I go to newgate prison) and diamonds. I usually transmutate those from ore, that I find next to the library in DS. Some of the ore you find there, has a diamond inside of it. :)
I found it handy to buy all the transmutate cards that are available in each world.
I have found that when I am out "hunting" reagents, it is best to do in the early am or very late at night.
I do agree that there needs to be shorter re-spawn times and more spawn areas avaiable.