Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Prism problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2010
I've noticed that the prism will not work on my DoT spells, even if I already have them set up for the full run of the spell. The prism will turn the first hit to ice showing a boost on fire enemies. However the DoTs will take other prisms but not change, the enemy will resist as if it were a normal fire spell.

For example, in the fight with Viktor Snowcrusher, I will set up my prisms. When using Fire Dragon, the firebreath will be transformed into an ice spell with the damage resulting around 1000 up. The dragon DoTs even though eating the rest of my fire prisms will just show as regular fire damage and hitting Snowcrusher for only 40 points.

Is this supposed to happen?

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I'm Death School and I can have four blades on me but only one blade activates with the first hit.

I'm going to test the multi hit Scarecrow to see if it properly uses all my death prisms in succession.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Test successful. I tested it on the first indoor fight in Sunken City since all three are of the death school Banshee family.

No other spells were in effect except the small damage done to me and it used all three Prism in succession properly , 594 damage each, all dead.

Were other spells involved when you have this problem?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
My DOT (Damage Over Time) Poison spell uses Prism but only when I first cast it. The first cast of Poison without Prism is 35 but Prism increases it to 52 but it doesn't continue to have the Prism effects over the next 3 rounds so those are regular Poison hits.

None the less, it does use Prism.

I retested by putting 4 Death to Life Prism on a Death school enemy and then using DOT Poison and I get the same results as the original poster.

The Prism is used by Poison on the first hit increasing it from 35 to 52 but the next three Poison hits use Prism, it says conversion takes place but there is no more damage than the 104 which is the same hit I would get against a Death school enemy by using Poison without using Prism.

The Prism should increase the 104 damage against Death school but it doesn't.

Hero
May 27, 2009
If what you did was set up four prisms before casting your spell, it seems to me that you have a valid point, if the second, third and fourth fire damages did not convert to ice -- have you sent in this information to Help & Support? It seems like something they need to have some programmers take a look at.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
KI has seem to skip over aura spells. If you inflict ice damage from the beginning hit, then the WHOLE THING should be ice. Why have fire damage when fire damage wasnt done during the incoming? Same with death to life, ice to fire, etc.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I did some more tests and found out that DOT, Damage Over Time Spells are affected for every hit the DOT makes by the Blade.

No other spells involved except the traps and hits on me;

Using DOT Death school Poison with Blade on me against a Death school enemy results in:

First hit= 48
Second hit=145
Third hit=145
Fourth hit=145
(the Blade effects the whole DOT spell)

Without Blade:
First hit=34
Second hit=104
Third hit=104
Fourth hit=104

With Death school Prism (placing 4 prism first) that converts Death damage to Life damage:

First hit=52
Second hit=104
Third hit=104
Fourth hit=104
(subsequent hits of the DOT spell use Prism but there is no conversion to Life damage)

Without Prism Or Blade but Prism is cast AFTER DOT poison is cast also results in no conversion from Death damage to Life damage even though Prism is used.

This really needs to be fixed. It should either use it or not because the spell is being totally wasted.

Now I'm going to test this with Death Trap, Spirit Trap and Spirit Blade to see how those effect DOT spells.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
I'm going to log this into support as a Bug.

It is so annoying to see Fire enemies resist the DOTs that have been properly prepped with prisms. It also seems that this problem affects other schools as well.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
I contacted support, they are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I hope that the prism-bug gets fixed soon. It's annoying in longer battles against a same-school boss - especially if you're a Pyromancer...

About the Scarecrow, however: A spell only consumes blades on the INITIAL cast - traps/shields are consumed on every hit of the targetted enemy. So a DoT spell would only drain your blades in the round you cast it (the additional damage, however, is applied to every tick of the spell), while the traps on the enemy would be used every time it takes damage.