Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is overpowered, too easy, and boring

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Moribund wrote:

Yea you think balance is to good make your own balance wiz and dont complain.

I have a Balance Grandmaster and feel that it is too powerful in pvp. Just because we have a Balance character doesnt mean that we enjoy effortless battle. Balance is a good school and improvements are encouraged in an effort to enjoy playing it more.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

Are you seriously insinuating that combat takes no work or strategy? I highly doubt you have a Sorcerer, because... well, remember the time BEFORE you got Judgement? Wasn't that a pain? Mm hmm, and then, you got this spell with a Rank of X. "Cool! Now, how's this work exactly?" Then, you had to fight your way through Marleybone befor getting your last boost. Now, what do you do then? Why, figure out how good BladeStorm is, of course! Finally, you have all the boosts available to you. Then what? Figure out how to use them to their fullest potential, obviously! But, all this time, no one thought it was worth it to use a generic defense. So, the Judgement comes and deals 4000+ Damage, and instead of fixing up their survival strategy, people would rather take a spell away! Assuming, of course, you went through that; if you have a Balance Wizard, you did.

Also, the Judgement mechanics should be geared toward where about 90% of the play is: PvE. In PvE, Judgement is difficult to wield, particularly in the worlds of MooShu and DragonSpyre (where 75% of that 90% happens). The multiple-Enemy scenarios force a difficult choice: use other spells to take one out and have some Pips left over, or wipe one out with Judgement and start from scratch.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
JUDGEMENT IS FAIR IN PVP. You got about 10 rounds to mess it up with weakness or tower shields. And balance ISNT overpowered, I am balance and I get beat in the arena when I battle sometimes. each school has it's strength and weaknesses. Just because youa re too lazy to buy tower shields and your a low private doesn't mean that balance is overpowered. GET OVER IT WITH BALANCE ALREADY

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
treef5 wrote:
Weakness, tower shield, guardian dragon tower, tresure tower, judgement is down to maybe at best 300 damage? If you tower shield AFTER the feint. Feints power is greatly reduced. Max judge strategy does NOT work! i beat balance every day in the arena, i found there the easiest to face, because their shields are SO weak
Evan icefist
Evan mythfist
Evan stormfist
ice is grand, myth is adept, and storm is master

It always amuses me how much you expect other schools to totally revamp their decks just to hold up against a balance attack, while playing as such requires not only taking those secondary schools, but also giving up ones pet and equipments to be able to do it, and giving up all blades and traps and so forth cause you need to play the preventive stuff that breaks off in a single hit first. Doing what you suggest at best slows down the pace while giving up any sort of offense one might have, which still places balance in commanding control.

What I find amusing(ly unintelligent) is the fact that you claim that the method to deflecting Judgement only works on Balance Attacks. It's 100% generic, and therefore works on everything.

Also, see my post "once and for all" - right, in the PvP section (I can't believe I still have to tell you this) - for a guide on beating a Sorcerer without spending a single Training Point.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
I find that whenever seasnake posts his opinion (bearing in mind that it is only his opinion and these forums allow freedom of speach)

He gets attacked from all angles! Not from anyone but balance wizards :(
Sad!
If you have a problem with what he is saying dont post hatred on these forums, he is trying to improve the game!
IMO balance is overpowered because to a storm wizard there is no counter attack! Full pip judgement - hits higher than my life with out any buffs!!
That sounds unfair to me!

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
rupertjames wrote:
I find that whenever seasnake posts his opinion (bearing in mind that it is only his opinion and these forums allow freedom of speach)

Not that anyone denies that.

He gets attacked from all angles! Not from anyone but balance wizards :(
Sad!

Actually, seasnake has Wizards from other Schools in disagreement also.

If you have a problem with what he is saying dont post hatred on these forums, he is trying to improve the game!

No, actually, seasnake's suggestions will NOT improve the game. All he does is whine about how Storm is apparently underpowered (give us a break) and Balance is apparently overpowered (pfff, NOT), and try to make it so that Storm is actually overpowered and Balance is underpowered (sadly, the Ra Spell seems to cater to this).

IMO balance is overpowered because to a storm wizard there is no counter attack! Full pip judgement - hits higher than my life with out any buffs!!
That sounds unfair to me!

You get killed with one hit with a paltry 1400 Damage. That sounds like at least one of two things to me:

1: You are too low of a Level to stand much of a chance in PvP to begin with.
2: Your Gear is horrifically impotent when it comes to Health (probably that crappy "Arena Gear").

Fix number two, work on number one.

As for strategy, use powerful Attack Spells with Boost combos to overpower the Shields, stack your defenses, and keep a reserve of Healing Spells.