Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Player chooseable pet spells... one per level

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think there should be a pet school where players take their pets to teach them a card per level of advancement beyond baby. There would be some school specific spells and some generic anyone can choose regardless of school spells. Also your spell choice for your pet would be limitted to their level. At teen you would have one teen pet spell point that you can use to get a teen level pet spell with. At adult you could get one adult level pet spell, and so on.

In any case, I don't think new blades/traps and other plus up to damage (expecially stackables) should be introduced to the game as they tend to unbalance things too much. I would however enjoy having more cards on my pet that I could play as long as they don't make game play unfair.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
I fully agree with you about the pets needing a school to be able to gain more card capabilities. As a pet owner of an epic wraith i would like to do more than just the pet derby now and that includes the hatching too. Dont get me wrong i enjoy seeing what new creations i can uncover, but to take my pet through school for four other cards would be rather fun.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Delver
Aug 12, 2009
This would be great. I’m rather disillusioned with pets. What good is my icezilla if he gives me a storm spell? It’s just deck spam. I stick with my generic 48 pip boost pet and be done with it.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 47 Ice

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
not really a good idea. spirit set pets could learn spells from their school and their component elemental schools, and the balance school pets (like the cheap, popular dragon) could learn anything. imagine this:

ice wizard levels pet to second rank, teaches it icearmor, gives it to same-account balanceplayer, who levels the pet and gives it judgement. to the account's storm: tempest. then to the life, who gets it to epic and gives it dryad. put the dragon in the shared bank and give it to whoever is pvping on that account. domination... and this is with a cheap, popular dragon. as these are x rank (and can therefore count as rank one), the consequences of many people doing something similar could devastate the game.