Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Super Cleanse ... 2 pip storm cleanse/charm

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
With all the dispels, beguiles, damage reductions, and so on, storm has become largely unplayable in PvP and even has arguably become the most challenging character to play in the game as it constantly is forced to change its cards and even constantly flip between decks that are each set up differently. It is like Wizard101 has decided people should not play storm so they introduced cards that make storm unplayable in PvP and very difficult to play elsewheres.

As such, storm should be given a two pip super cleanse card that when cast rids all dispels and curses that are upon it and remains active until storm is hit by another such dispel or curse. In any case, storm needs to be made playable again, that storm can be totally stunned out with dispels and beguiles is simply not acceptible. A low level character of any school can currently totally dominate a grandmaster storm through the stocking of one card storm dispels easily and cheaply bought at the bazaar in its treasures.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I do not quite see what has been introduced that makes Storm Wizards utterly unplayable in PVP. When stunned, you recieve four stun shields (meaning four stuns must be used on you before you can be stunned again).

All classes are vulnurable to traps, shields, charms and what other status effects that can be inflicted. Storm is no exception. Your suggestion, however, would turn Storm from being balanced to being far too overpowered (you are esentially suggesting an immunity spell).

Storm mages have low health, and low accuracy. In return, the Storm school possesses the most destructive spells in the game. Learn to use blades and traps, and you can sweep the floor with most things that don't get a ton of shields up in time.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
ok um storm is not the hardest to play in pvp it is just they you havent thought of a stratagy (sorry for spelling :? ) to beat them the cleanse charm is a spell that they use to make their spells stronger that is what the school of storm is all about. like fire i think they use a spell that takes away traps or blades or whaterver ith is the same with cleanse charm.
this probably came to your attention because the warehouse the crab uses the same spell. and makeing it two pip woulnt be fair to them and cause more arguement. oh i think i got the wrong point if i did this is to all the people who think storm is over powered.

(1chubbs)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
storm wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't keep introducing new cards to totally mess storm up... the one pip treasure dispels is pretty much a death blow against storm that has gone too far... as such storm should be given a way to play against those who stack their decks ... honestly, I think wizard101 is trying to do away with storm characters by making them totally non-playable

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I believe what 1avendger is most annoyed with is the Dissipate spell which will cause the next storm spell to fizzle 100% of the time. If the other team stacks their side bar with Dissipate treasure cards, 1 alternating person from a team can pretty much lock down the Storm mage. The same goes for any class though. It is pvp strategy most often used on those who hurt, hence, Storm. I used the same strategy to easily defeat the Celestia tower (hurray for Quench). I see nothing wrong with it, annoying sure, but pvp is about tactics.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 47 Ice

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Moribund wrote:
I believe what 1avendger is most annoyed with is the Dissipate spell which will cause the next storm spell to fizzle 100% of the time. If the other team stacks their side bar with Dissipate treasure cards, 1 alternating person from a team can pretty much lock down the Storm mage. The same goes for any class though. It is pvp strategy most often used on those who hurt, hence, Storm. I used the same strategy to easily defeat the Celestia tower (hurray for Quench). I see nothing wrong with it, annoying sure, but pvp is about tactics.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 47 Ice

well it is not the dissipate it is the many people that think it is not fair and they want to remove about all the storm spells like cleanse charm. that is whats annoying me. if people are soooo jealous of storm having good or 'over powered' spells in their opinion just be one you know?
o and btw nice grand masters moribund