Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You're No Noob!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 05, 2010
I would say "How adorable, a person saying noob XD" or "Please say that again please?" a million times until they go away.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
You know its not as terrible as other MMORPGs I have been in. I think why is, because its hard to distinguish others without looks at their level. If names had different colors on them then it would be a different story. Not once I have been called a noob, nor I witness seeing someone saying it to someone.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
RenesmeeCullenCuti... wrote:
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

Or find a humourous approach by saying...
*"I'm not a noob! I'm a(n) INSERT SCHOOL HERE"
or
*"Aww Thanks!"

Of course, to make them stop, all you really need to do is...
*Say, "Please go away" And put them on your ignore list.

What do you do?

~Renny (Shannon Willowblossom Level 37 Life Wizard)
my easy way, lvl one: your a noob! i am a cool kid merle ambrose said i am cool! me: why thank you for noticing i am a noob and lying about what merle ambrose said ill just go ask him * goes inside where merle ambrose is and comes back out to the lvl one after a minute with a grin * well guess what! he said he did not say that beat that!

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

ok well i tried something else some master came he said i am a noob ( well to him i am i guess :? ) then i am like thanks for noticing! then the master said i am a legendary and i am like thanks for noticing! ( he tried to frustrate me * fail! * )

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
Noob is a very old phrase on many mmo's means new players. i guess many of you don't have much experience with other MMO's but that's what everyone calls their new character even, example: when i am talking to my friends and they need help i tell them "wait I'm on my noob let me get it to a safe place". those who use the word noob as an insult do not know it just refers to a low lvl/new player/new character it is not an insult if you take offense then maybe you need to analyze why you are taking offense. I know allot of adults don't know the difference since allot don't have much experience online some do don't get me wrong, not insulting anyone its k.
noob is internet slang there are allot of different net slang's you might take offense or little kids might since they don't understand the meaning.

another example i notes allot of people use QQ/qq i dont know why but some use it as a good going but the reality is it is an insult QQ means cry more its supposed to be someone crying, cry cause they lose. when i first pvped someone and won the guy did QQ i was like "-.- is he insulting me for beating him" turned out he was complementing me but he did not know internet slang/mmo's that is an insult.

there are allot of memes/words people use on wizard101 with out knowing its an insult if they play other mmo's and use that they would be kos'ed (killed on sight).

wanted to make some things clear, anyways that is my 2 cents.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

This is the very first RPG I've ever played and it took me a little while to learn to move my wizard around. I'd run into corners and door jambs and such. You can bet I got called noob and was laughed at. I laughed at myself!
All six of my wizards are now legendary and I make friends with lower levels. They'll one day be able to become legendary too. If they tell me that others are rude and call them names (like noob), I tell them that we all started out like that! The rude ones just seem to "forget" that little fact.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2008
Meh, I have yet to be called a noob in this game, but I have in other games, and one incident was pretty embarrassing, but I won't go into that now. But when I do get called one, I just don't respond. I don't even put that person on ignore, because I like to see him or her get frustrated at my lack of response.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i would say "nice to see you describe yourself" or "who are you talking to you say?". maybe even say "thats what he/she said". the last option usually get people on their nerves

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
When I first created my life wizard, I had a guy say "Hey, Molly, you're a noob!" I responded "Well, aren't you special" and walked away. He actually tried to chase me, but I changed realms. Never saw him again. My son has been called "noob" but now that he is a Legendary Storm, it happens very infrequently. And now that I am Legendary Life, if someone calls me a "noob" I use the Emote, and LOL. Then I challenge them to PVP. Haven't had to PVP one bully yet. :D

Be strong, be true and be happy! Bullies hate that!

Molly, Legendary Life

Survivor
May 29, 2011
Low levels can be very very annoying to me. A bunch of low levels annoy other people to. SO they say that you are a noob to the low levels. Even still if they dont have text chat. (though i have text chat) :D Sometimes those low levels get me angry sometimes, though sometimes i just ask them to go away or something like that. One thing to say low levels are (or can be) annoying

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
alex321694 wrote:
The solution should be automated ... but it is hard to code such actions "fairly" ... not that I personally care about "fairness" when it comes to disciplining rudeness (from the Hannibal Lector School of Rudeness Treatment myself) ...

KI ... please scan the the player registry and sort it based upon the number of times a player has been "ignored" ... the players responsible for causing strife (whatever behavior is causing it) will sift to the top ...

evaluate the list ... decide on a zero tolerance "number of offenses" ...

and delete the subscriptions of ALL those that apply.

They lose all their money paid, all the wizards they have built, all the treasures they have accumulated ... and we get less workload on over-worked servers and a more enjoyable atmosphere to play the game.

I would suggest performing the scan weekly to start.

P.S. Muting an offender for a week is seen as a badge of courage, a "trophy", for these malcontents. They brag about it among their other malcontent "friends" ... the minimum punishment on this site should be a week of no play at all. They will not take you seriously until you implement serious repercussions for their behavior.

So, get serious.

Um, isn't that a little extreme?

Julia Dragonrider

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
aldwynenar wrote:
Noob means newbie(new player).I never call someone noob at this game because no one can be noob in this game.This game works with strategy and team play.If someone do not doing them he/she just dont have strategy tecniques.This is my idea and i am so sorry for my bad language i hope you guys understand me.Thanks for reading.

OBJECTION! (lol always wanted to say that) Everyone is a noob at one time. I was a level 1 at one time, you was level 1 one time, we was all level 1-5 one time!

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Not to mention that there is no check and balance against abusing the ignore feature. Someone could ignore and unignore someone 50 times just to spite them, whether or not they did anything wrong.

The report feature is the tool they use to implement "serious repercussions" on a player, since the chat log is the check and balance to insure that people are not punished unfairly.

Since calling folks noob is not currently considered against the rules, we just have to deal with it.

Being called a noob, house on fire. There is always something more pressing than being called a noob online which makes rude online behavior a non-issue in comparison.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Explorer
Sep 05, 2011

Well you could...

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

When I was a level 41 (in mooshu) I used a phoenix on a diseased water spirit and some storm level 46 said i was a noob because he was a level 60 fire. This kept going on for 10 minutes, and 5 minutes of how ice was weak. I said 3 things during the whole time.
1) The phoenix killed it, so whats the problem.
2) You dont have a legend ice.
3) Show me your legend fire to prove it.
After that he logged off while i changed realms.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
I would ignore them. We thaumaturges have had our fair share of bullying. Using a cool comeback would make the bully angrier, using harsher words on you.
Destiny Soultamer
-not a noob-

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
DryIce97 wrote:
I would ignore them. We thaumaturges have had our fair share of bullying. Using a cool comeback would make the bully angrier, using harsher words on you.
Destiny Soultamer
-not a noob-

then what they say is reportable

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Moribund wrote:
I use ignore often and liberally. If you are rude or spam, I ignore you. Then again, if you are not obnoxious or annoying I am very willing to help out. You reap what you sew.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 50 Ice

Dude you really like the letter "D." BTW Myth rocks!

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
I am Wolf-BattleSword and there was 2 people who false reported me from giving my friend pvpv tips i said not to equip mount and i left to go to the bathroom and when i came back i got reported by Keelan StormCatcher and Ryan IronSpear when i came back it said i was reported and everyone in that area was gone no one was around me and my friend that asked to join a pvp deleted me but added me again.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
When ever some one insults my wizard by calling her a noob, I get really mad change wizards to my legend and then challenge them to a duel.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary
Haley Ashbright
Ice: Magus(35)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I agree that this is just plain rude. I don't have text but my sis does. Everyone (weather high or low lvl) used to be a lower lvl. No one has the righ to call anyone a noob.

Irdian RoseHeart Lvl 60 Legendary Thamuturge :-)