Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You're No Noob!

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jan 05, 2011
If you haven't said anything already to them, it's better to just switch realms. if you reply to them calling you a noob, then they can click on your name no matter where you go and bug you till you sign off, and the same people who will be rude enough to call you a noob are the same kinds of people who will keep bugging you like this. -eli and crew

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
I say " You were a noob i am pretty soon i'll be lvl 60 and beat you in pvp!"

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I'd just say "I'm a legendary that know a lot of other legendaries, thanks! I'm a Fire wizard!" It seems weird, but lol.

Defender
May 12, 2009
lionfly wrote:
RenesmeeCullenCuti... wrote:
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

Or find a humourous approach by saying...
*"I'm not a noob! I'm a(n) INSERT SCHOOL HERE"
or
*"Aww Thanks!"

Of course, to make them stop, all you really need to do is...
*Say, "Please go away" And put them on your ignore list.

What do you do?

~Renny (Shannon Willowblossom Level 37 Life Wizard)

um lol i will probably say "aww thanks"

I've done that. It doesn't make too much of a difference because it is becoming a typical response among wizards now. :-/

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
cameron225 wrote:
Lol! I just get realy mad and switch realms. But the reason u get muted 4 reporting is that bein rude isn't technecly against the rules (which they should change bcuz then perfectly good ppl get muted 4 false reporting thnking that person was doin somthin against the rules) . So I think the best thing to do is ignore them or change realms.
Lol nice message.
But on topic, I think that 'noob' should be banned from the spiral. I mean, you will deny this, but if you were a lower level player, than you would want the newest, coolest gear. The noobs aren't just some creation of KI that ravages the spiral. Some are, and I am against them porting into DS, CL, WT, etc. but I have tried not to bully or false report. It is VERY annoying, however, when a level five who you know IRL ports in and you can't delete them because then they'd be angry with you IRL.

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i only been called noob once and that is when i was in krok and i said to someone do you need help and they i beat the whole game and then i said well can you help me then she said oh the little noob asking me for help just get a away noob after that never got called noob again

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
alex321694 wrote:
(snip)P.S. Muting an offender for a week is seen as a badge of courage, a "trophy", for these malcontents. They brag about it among their other malcontent "friends" ... the minimum punishment on this site should be a week of no play at all. They will not take you seriously until you implement serious repercussions for their behavior.

So, get serious.

This is true, Alex. I have seen wizards in the Commons joke about being muted for a short time. It's like they're proud of having received the negative attention, kind of like being proud of getting detention or expelled in school.

These malcontents are probably people who have gotten used to inconsistent consequences for poor behavior in real life. Wouldn't they be shocked to encounter hardline discipline in the Great Spiral? It would be good for them.

(Yes, I'm a parent, and I know that I sound like one.)

Unfortunately, I see that the word "noob" is used more frequently IRL, as more kids are playing online games and encountering this new insult. I hear it at the pool, on the playground, and at home with my two boys. Lol, just yesterday, my oldest son got a time out at the pool for calling another kid a noob. AT THE POOL!!!!!

Whatever the cause, this meme is spreading. Just what we need, yet another way for people to insult one another's intelligence and ability, in-game or IRL.

Sigh...

Iridian Shadowweaver, mothering wizard, and decrier of the insult "Noob!"

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
May 13, 2011
do'nt lissen to them There just jelose because u have better closeing
and my name on the game is shelbyshadowblood and i will ether have a green and black dragon named rascal or a unicorn named leo

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Hi, I'm Renny :3 (Not my real name, just a shorter version of an annoyingly long Username) And I've noticed an increase in bullies on W101. Chances are, you have too! But what to do about it?

Well you could...
*Get ticked off, report them for calling you a "noob" and then get muted for false reporting (Not at all reccomended)

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

Yes, I'd Probably go up to them and say, "Well, I guess it takes one to know one huh?" Then Either Walk Away, or Ignore them, Or All Of The Above!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Ignore those bullies, I myself dislike calling people 'noobs' It means New People. We were all new to Wizard101 sometime, and it was the best moment of the game ever, meeting the game for the first time, seeing the magic. So, if being a new wizard is a bad idea, I honestly disagree. :) Just ignore/report those bullies, and continue on the Spiral!

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
I would say you are showing your background and how you were raised. or you are just jeolous

Survivor
May 19, 2011
Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
It never ceases to amaze me what people have come to in society. Protect me from this you say, protect me from that.....

You cannot prevent some things from happening. Being called a "noob" may cause some to have some hurt feelings but it's certainly not life threatening. And if it is then I'd say there were more important problems going on somewhere. I'd rather teach my child to have respect for others and most importantly him or herself. Parents are the most important role models for their children. When the parents themselves are unconcerned or don't want to monitor what their children are doing.....that's when problems occur.

A child has to learn how to deal with reality at some point. This isn't a perfect world (no matter how we all might wish it to be) and there are going to be circumstances in that real world that have to be dealt with. Hurt feelings will definitely be a part of that reality. My feelings get hurt at times and I'm an adult lol. But my mother raised me to be proud of myself and to value myself as a person. And at the end of the day when I look in the mirror I like the person I see looking at me and know I've done the best I could that day.

I can guarantee when my child was growing up I knew who his friends were, what they were doing the majority of the time and monitored his online use very carefully. I didn't expect/demand that an online game do it for me. The computer/tv etc. was not invented to become a babysitter for parents.

And yes, before anyone cares to comment, he did get into scrapes and I'm sure he DID do some things I have no knowledge of. But I do know that he never got in trouble with the law, never did drugs and went on to serve his country the best he could and is now paying the price for doing so.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
alex321694 wrote:
(snip)P.S. Muting an offender for a week is seen as a badge of courage, a "trophy", for these malcontents. They brag about it among their other malcontent "friends" ... the minimum punishment on this site should be a week of no play at all. They will not take you seriously until you implement serious repercussions for their behavior.

So, get serious.

This is true, Alex. I have seen wizards in the Commons joke about being muted for a short time. It's like they're proud of having received the negative attention, kind of like being proud of getting detention or expelled in school.

These malcontents are probably people who have gotten used to inconsistent consequences for poor behavior in real life. Wouldn't they be shocked to encounter hardline discipline in the Great Spiral? It would be good for them.

(Yes, I'm a parent, and I know that I sound like one.)

Unfortunately, I see that the word "noob" is used more frequently IRL, as more kids are playing online games and encountering this new insult. I hear it at the pool, on the playground, and at home with my two boys. Lol, just yesterday, my oldest son got a time out at the pool for calling another kid a noob. AT THE POOL!!!!!

Whatever the cause, this meme is spreading. Just what we need, yet another way for people to insult one another's intelligence and ability, in-game or IRL.

Sigh...

Iridian Shadowweaver, mothering wizard, and decrier of the insult "Noob!"

You're right. These prejudiced, arrogant creatures are the real "noobs" of the Spiral. I'm sick of this! Magus's and up bragging about getting banned for a month and wearing it like a badge.

KI, why don't you make a badge for getting banned for X amount of time? So these "noobs" can show it off and be all flashy while angering us. Plus, they make little clubs and flase report lower levels, and then they go and do that, with their Magus's and up like little lapdogs running around and trying to ban us from the game.

I also know there are some good guys and girls out there, ones who will help the lower levels.

These Anti "noob" groups are the real noobs, like I said before. And I will give names of characters, however unhelpful that may be, in hopes KI can ban these guys from the game.

This has officially gone too far.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
mman17 wrote:
But---to continue my previous post, there is no reason posting this on the boards. People are not bullies for getting annoyed at someone and accidently spilling an annoyed comment such as, "You're a noob".
But sometimes they are. Sometimes they sit and false report FOR BEING A NOOB.

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
i say one of the following:

takes one to know one
how did you Guess :D
really you think, i have bean working on it for a while now!
Its a born talent
look who talking
if i am a noob what does that make you?
almost always followed by:
epic fail dude epic fail and or BURNED!

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
What i do with bullies on wizard101 is put them on my ignore list and just move on with life. it works every time.

Andrew ThunderBlade Legendary Diviner
Andrew RedFlame Legendary Pyromancer
Andrew DeathCaster Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
Survivor
May 25, 2011
Just call them a goof ball haha it works! and oh so funny XD

OR say something like well buddy i may be a noob so whats that make you? an experienced NOOB! lolz i dunno that stuff doesnt really bother me :)

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
Y'know I remember being bullied around when I was a noobie to the game. I always messed with the high level guys. Whenever they'd shout "NOOB!" I'd make a Monty Python reference and go

"I never wanted to be a Pyromancer anyway! I always wanted to be........A LUMBERJACK!!!"

And then of course I'd go on to singin' the Lumberjack song, just the first, and they'd laugh and port away.

However if they got too annoying, I'd just put em on the ignore list and port away.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I would use the random approach I was taught as one of the ways to get rid of bullies when I was little. I would just say "Happy Birthday! I hope you liked the fried chicken I gave you!". The idea is that they get confused and give up.

Explorer
May 28, 2011

Well you could...

or
*"Aww Thanks!"

What do you do?

i would say "stop talking to yourself"

belgrim ogrebane lvl. 21 congurer

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
Noob means newbie(new player).I never call someone noob at this game because no one can be noob in this game.This game works with strategy and team play.If someone do not doing them he/she just dont have strategy tecniques.This is my idea and i am so sorry for my bad language i hope you guys understand me.Thanks for reading.